Promods not found in TMP launcher

Post here if you are having problems with ProMods in Multiplayer
Darkfizch
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2019 23:02

Hi all,

I just can't figure this out. I emptied my mods folder, keeping only promods, and downloaded a clean def file without any customisations or boxes ticked (I'm aware the ST DLC option can cause trouble). Here's what it looks like:

I created a new profile in singleplayer specifically for use in multiplayer. I enabled Promods and drove around for a bit. When I try to load the Promods server in TMP, it says one or more Promods files can't be found. I tried looking for this here and on the TMP forums, but couldn't find anyone with the exact issue that I have. Most of what I saw was incorrectly named files or outdated versions, but this is not the case for me.
Would it be because I have ETS2 installed on my SSD? I can't think of any other reason why it doesn't work.

ShawnCZek
TruckersMP

01 Nov 2019 23:08

Hi Darkfizch,

Can you please provide your game.log.txt when you try to join the server?

Kind regards.

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2019 23:13

Sure, here you go:

ShawnCZek
TruckersMP

01 Nov 2019 23:22

Hi Darkfizch,

As I can see, this is a game log from the singleplayer, not when using our client. Can you please try to join our server and send me a new log out of it? Even when you cannot join the server, the log might contain some useful information.

Kind regards.

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2019 23:25

That was the last log that was generated. I did just as you asked. Or would there be a separate log generated by TMP somewhere?

ShawnCZek
TruckersMP

01 Nov 2019 23:38

Well, only from the date I can see it is an older log. Additionally, in the log I can see a lot of other modifications; the TruckersMP client disabled the mod package manager which can be found in your log.
Please, try to launch the TruckersMP client again and try to join the server. A new game log should be generated then and should override the actual one.

PerrydPelle

02 Nov 2019 01:04

No log is needed I think, just make a mod folder, in the folder ETS2MP, and place all PM files there
Developer of uh...

ShawnCZek
TruckersMP

02 Nov 2019 13:10

Hi PerrydPelle,

The thing you have just said is not really true. ProMods is loaded from the home directory of the game (source: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/614) which is usually located in Documents. TruckersMP's folder for modifications, ETS2MP\mod, has been used only once and that was the last year for Christmas (source: https://truckersmp.com/blog/136).
Anyway, thanks to your comment I have just noticed that Darkfizch's home directory is located on a different place.

The TruckersMP client is not loading launch options from Steam and therefore, it will not detect changed home directory. You need to pass this launch option manually to the TruckersMP launcher. To do so, follow these steps:
  • If you want to add special launch options for the game while using TruckersMP, you first need to create a shortcut for the launcher (which can be found in C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher). To create one, right click on the Launcher.exe file and choose the option Create a Shortuct. If you have one, you do not have to create a new one.
  • Right click on the shortcut of the launcher and open Properties. There you can see Target which may look like this: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher\Launcher.exe"
  • If you want to add some launch options there, add them at the end. In your case, Target might look like this: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher\Launcher.exe" -homedir "E:\Documents"
I hope this answer clears any confusion. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Kind regards.
Last edited by ShawnCZek on 03 Nov 2019 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2019 15:11

That worked! I found out that the launch options have to match the launch options in the ETS2 properties tab in Steam. In my case, I had to set it to -homedir "E:\Documents".
Would it be an idea to mention this somewhere in the tutorial? I can imagine other people who installed Promods on a different drive might have the same problem. I personally did this because Promods usually takes a very long time to load.

ShawnCZek
TruckersMP

03 Nov 2019 21:14

In my opinion, this would mostly cause issues as almost all players have no idea what the home directory means in terms of Euro Truck Simulator 2. However, an article about launch options should be added. I forwarded this to the team and we will see what we can do.
Anyway, I am happy to hear your issue has been solved! Happy trucking.

Return to “Multiplayer issues ETS2”

• Information