Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Blue Lark
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2019 15:04

Of course, it would be great to map like the last screenshot, but most importantly, I think it is important for the ProMods Team to restore the Leipzig-Dresden section of A14. If it does, it could be 'cataclysmic'.
Last edited by Blue Lark on 13 Aug 2019 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

id777
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2019 00:00

А14 Leipzig- Dresden please
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

bmwGTR

12 Aug 2019 07:59

Hi,

@id777: Look through the thread before asking questions...
viewtopic.php?p=266895#p266895

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2019 10:42

MG Mike wrote:
11 Aug 2019 13:36
Suggestions by MG Mike
Nice suggestions but most of them probably won't fit. I can look at those roads around Dresden but I don't think much can be done there.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2019 12:55

Hi Nico, nice and thanks if you want to look into it.

The main question to this would be from me how much landscape has there to be left and right next to the roads.

As far as I know it is possible to make two different areas close to each other by using cut planes. That is visible when in flying over the map with freecam.

You have done it at Puttgarden /Rodby for example. Or Banganj did this at his Swedish island..

The directions my drawed roads have is based on their real counterparts I saw at Google maps. I don't known what is the landscape there but probably hilly terrain. It would be anyway interesting to see the map from editor view. Is there more to see as in game in flycam?

If I fly with flycam over the map in that areas I think a certain part must be possible. B6 to Leipzig or B7 and Gotha maybe..

But that is only my little impression. I have no experience in editor.
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2019 14:14

Well cutplanes are abit harder than that :P

With the Puttgarden/Rodby situation a player will teleport from one area to the other one, so then there is not much of an issue to "cut".

As for what you suggested, that B6 road would in theory fit. As for the other plans, most of them won't fit or aren't really "important". I'd rather work in the other direction creating some missing cities and highways there instead of crowding this area.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2019 18:31

Hi,

Yeah, mostly my request was pointed to the closed city roads in Dresden and to the B6 from Dresden to Leipzig and Magdeburg, and I saw at Vanillamap these road is drivable. And then wanted to compare it to Promods map and then I had the idea of looking at Google maps and drawing a little bit what could eventually be there and I don't know if you are knowing it, but once you start there is an idea here a possibility there.. At least to my thoughts, and if considering what Promods has done in Bonn-Koblenz which is a beautyful little area,. I think there could be more. Weimar is an historic city and could be also some kind of beauty place like Koblenz.

But it is naturally up to the team what else is planned for germany and what not.. Mostly I would like a few rebuilds at north germany again when time has come to. But for now surely you are waiting for scs next step of germany rebuilt..

A thing I am very liking of Promods germany is the fact that you made Garages outside the main cities and made little cities or villages nearby, as Spaden/Bremerhaven or Bad Homburg/Frankfurt
And no more exiting Feucht/ Nürnberg. This I do Ver like cause it looks like the map has more locations as Officially shown in the map.

Anyway I am exited what will await us in the future and you are doing a very great job..!
I appreciate it very much!!

A last question: if I am interested in mapping would it be possible for me to open the editor with the promods map or is it locked?

Best regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Vøytek
Developer

13 Aug 2019 19:22

Of course you can edit our map yourself, that's how people create addons for PM ;)
If you don't like something - improve it. If something's missing - add it. That's how we all started.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

13 Aug 2019 20:53

MG Mike wrote:
14 Jul 2019 13:42

I saw another Autobahn which is interrupted and this I think is possible and should come one time in the future.. I talk about the A71 which leads from the A38 to the south and after a Tunnel it becomes a country road. Further westward there is an Interchange from A7 which is also the A71.. According to Google maps it is a through going Autobahn, so this should be in the map one time..
And also the A73 could lead from Nürnberg further to north and I think it meets the A71..

So I look forward what you have to be planned..
The A71 meets A73 more or less after the big tunnel in ETS (in reality "Rennsteigtunnel"; there are some more tunnel which aren't placed in the game).
Nearby located is the city Suhl.

Then A71 goes westwards (as you said) and the final part is already placed in game (A7xA71). The A73 goes to the south, meets the A70 and ends in Nürnberg at A9. The part in Nürnberg is placed already (Frankenschnellweg).

First, its great that we will might get the A72. Is it possible to build, as a consequense, the A93 from A72 to A9 ("Dreieck Holledau" -> already in game)?

And last but not least: In the south of A4 there is a "Bundesstraße" to Prag. Could this road replaced by the A70, although this Autobahn ends in the A9?

Szbastian7

22 Aug 2019 17:45

Is it possible to fit Wolfsburg on the map?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information