How will you guys do Gibraltar in Promods?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Washingtonian

21 Aug 2014 05:43

I personally think Gibraltar will be interesting to see in ProMods. Not only is it entirely separate from the mainland of the United Kingdom but is Britain's only overseas territory on the Iberian peninsula. Since Spain will soon come to ProMods in the later versions, I have one question that I need an answer for.

How are you guys going to do Gibraltar in Promods?

I'm not asking you to build this city. I'm just wondering, in a possible scenario if you decide to do Gibraltar, on how are you going to make it separate from Spain, especially since the scale in ETS2 is 1:19.

For example, here's a few things I want to ask you:

1. If you decide to make Gibraltar, will you build La Linea de la Concepcion (the city in Spain closest to the Spain-Gibraltar border) or if you're just going to make it entirely Gibraltar.
2. How will you make the Gibraltar Airport crossing that is after the Spain-Gibraltar border (it is pretty well known due to Winston Churchill Road, the main thoroughfare of Gibraltar, crossing the runway of Gibraltar airport)?
3. How will you place the cargo companies? Gibraltar in real life is very compact, has narrow roads and doesn't have a lot of wide roads due to the Rock of Gibraltar making up most of the overseas territory).

Like I said, I'm not asking you to build this city. I'm just curious on how you will make Gibraltar, especially since it is very tiny, yet very scenic and important.

Thanks.

Purno
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2014 06:59

The city is not planned yet. Heh, I didn't even know it was UK territory :mrgreen:

However, wouldn't Algeciras be a more logical city to include? Purely based on Google Maps, it looks bigger, and it has ferries to Africa as well. (in case we ever want to do that).

jontsuba
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2014 09:27

Algeciras is the logical option (and I hope to get to see it ;) ), but Gibraltar is too unique to be ignored, don't you think? By the way, in Gibraltar they drive to the right...

Purno
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2014 09:40

Well, perhaps Gibraltar could be added as scenery. But it's pretty close to Algeciras. If Algeciras is made, there probably isn't a lot of room left for Gibraltar.

And sure, it's unique and I bet the scenery is lovely. But this is a cargo transportation game. How relevant is Gibraltar purely from a logistic point of view?

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2014 12:13

I agree Gibralter probably isn't relevant enough to be a cargo destination in game, although last time I visited there was several British trucks (Scottish I think) waiting at customs clearance at the border to go into the territory, delivering refrigerated goods. So it does happen! But maybe in game it would be great to see it as a scenic addition if nothing else.

Superdavecan

24 Aug 2014 13:32

I would build Gibraltar anyway, if only because it's so unique... similar to how Liechtenstein was built, and I believe there are plans for Andorra. I like the idea of the small countries... in the Italy expansion I would like to see San Marino, and however crazy it might be, I wouldn't mind seeing a ferry connection to Malta.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2014 16:05

I fully agree. Just because it isn't the top priority, it can't be said it can't be done. Look at Mont St-Michel!

TehHipster

27 Aug 2014 22:25

Yes, I would want Gibraltar than some other Spanish city and besides, it's a country to and if you're suppose to focus on Realism and Quantity, you should add that country in because a Country is still a country, no matter how small so please add it. I will even pay for it if I have to. Just make it for us so we will have Gibraltar than more Spain over it because that's not politically right but if you can't make it, just make it a Port Connection then.

Purno
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2014 07:10

TehHipster wrote:it's a country to and if you're suppose to focus on Realism and Quantity, you should add that country in because a Country is still a country, no matter how small so please add it.
It's not. It's British Overseas Territory. It's not a country.
Just make it for us so we will have Gibraltar than more Spain over it because that's not politically right
Politics have nothing to do with it. Gibraltar is pretty small, and there's a bigger city in its vacinity. (Algeciras).
Now, if we were to skip Algeciras because of Gibraltar, that'd be politically incorrect.
but if you can't make it, just make it a Port Connection then.
Algeciras has a port too, and judging on Google Maps, it's bigger too.

I'm not saying we won't do Gibraltar, but you really should come up with a better argumentation.

MapDrawer
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2014 07:15

Gibraltar is a well-known port town. I think it could be interesting to see Gibraltar in the game, but first, all of Spain needs to be made
Main Garage: Kassel (D)
Other Garages: -
Current Truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter
Current Level: 25 (Master)

Current Journey: Warszawa (PL) - Clermont-Ferrand (F)
Currently Transporting: Coal (24t)
Current Location: Aurach (D)
Route Length: 1347 km

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information