[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

05 Jul 2019 10:50

The system AUTOMATICALLY bans users who attempt to repeatedly load more than 2 files or continuously press F5/refresh the page.

There is no human intervention possible. No admin issued this ban to you.

The only way to revoke the ban is to wait patiently until it clears.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

EdgeGladiator

05 Jul 2019 11:03

you need to wait a bit when the ban will be over.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

EdgeGladiator

05 Jul 2019 11:12

oltean.cristian wrote:
05 Jul 2019 08:08
but I downloaded just 3 archive and got banned.
take into account that there are a lot of people trying to download right now. The servers probably exceed 200%. At the same time, they can not generate each files for everyone, and when you try a lot of times, unfortunately, the ban goes on.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Chriss_0223

05 Jul 2019 14:09

Hello everyone, I can not install the 7 files, APPEARS ACCESS DENIED, even with Chrome and Microsoft edge. I disabled all extensions I had.
Please help me.

zyprexia

05 Jul 2019 16:26

Also make sure you are not using an download accelerator that is trying to download multiple file parts at once..
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

ThatNamibianGuy

05 Jul 2019 21:24

Good Evening.

I wanted to ask, where can I look to make sure that I'm not using a download accelerator? I have disabled any and all extensions that I have installed, but I still receive the message that I have reached my connection limit, even thought I just selected the first file archive.

If it's not that, should I rather wait a bit longer until the server load has lessened a bit more?

I don't want to make an unnecessary mistake that could lead me to a temporary ban.

Thanks for any advice.

ScuL
Founder

05 Jul 2019 23:48

Are you perhaps using a shared or mobile internet connection? (You could have the risk that someone with the same IP address is also downloading)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

ThatNamibianGuy

06 Jul 2019 09:55

I currently use fiber optic internet at home.

Tried earlier this morning when the sever load was at about 50% and it downloaded just fine, although at one archive file at a time.

I'm trying to download now, but the server load is at 85% or so and it's giving me the error again. I must just try again when the server load is much lower, which would either be much later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Patience is key and I'm sure it will be worth the wait in the end.

vulchor
Donation rank:

06 Jul 2019 21:34

I've already downloaded the main pack and the TCP from the paid download servers, but there is no pay server for the CAP that I can see. So I'm trying to use the free download server for that, but I keep getting the message saying that I have too many connections and can't download. I'm at home, not using a shared or mobile IP. I do not have any download accelerators installed, I'm using FireFox, and I have my adblocker disabled. I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. Can't you guys offer the CAP with a paid download like you do TCP?

edit: I finally was able to successfully download CAP, I had to disable tracking protection in Firefox. This doesn't seem like a very legit solution, though.

graem007

07 Jul 2019 09:51

I Have been trying to download the last two parts of the mod since Saturday 6 June and all I am getting is the error Sorry Access Denied Connection limit exceeded.

Been attempting to download with Microsoft Edge, Internet explore and Firefox no matter what browser I use I get Sorry Access Denied Connection limit exceeded.

I don't have any downloads running from ProMods Website, don't have any download managers or accelerators installed, my anti-virus and firewall are both disabled when trying to download the mod.

Please could someone help me with this problem

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information