Baltic States Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

09 May 2019 02:46

Or some small gravel and asphalt roads that zig zag thru small country roads?
In a format of this, it might be plausible.
But it would look more like this ingame.
Mazeikiai and Skrunda area real close to each other ingame!

Future will tell.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

id777
Donation rank:

10 May 2019 01:52

hi, do you have any new information about kaliningrad and zelenograd?
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

dennis_2310

12 May 2019 14:43

That's also my question.
In my opinion the SCS version of the city of Kaliningrad is absolutely unrealistic, except the ring-road and its interchanges.
The old Promods city centre looked way better and just needs a refreshment with some new baltic assets. Also some significant landmarks like the northern part of the harbor with its unique two-storey bridge (Двухъярусный мост) are just removed and replaced with the southern SCS part of the port area. I think that it would be way better to merge both areas, even if I think it could be a bit complicated with the place.

Zelenogradsk was in my opinion a bit unrealistic, but still absolutely ok, due to the lack of place, but I still don't understand why Promods removed the curonian spit. With SCS Kaliningrad it would be easy to extend the ring road at the interchange with the A229 (see image) to the A-217 and A191 to Zelenogradsk and then just leave the curonian spit as it was.

[img]https://www.directupload.net]Image

[img]https://www.directupload.net]Image

(sketches are not 100% accurate)

DH-Trans Luxembourg s.à.r.l - delievering goods everywhere in Europe
Headquarters: Luxembourg (L), Kaliningrad (RUS)

I speak: 🇩🇪 🇱🇺 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇷🇺

Vladzz-G
Developer

12 May 2019 15:08

There's totally no room for such operation. Especially for northern interchange near Zelenogrdsk. Even without touching Kaliningrad (keeping SCS version), Zelenogradsk is barely mergable and conectable just with single road till eastern interchange.
If Kaliningrad will merged from old ProMods version - then Zelenogradsk (and, most likely, entire Curonian spit) must be declined, because of lack of space.

It's too easy for you to judge, but try to fit 'em all together yourself in map editor and waste couple of days of your free time for this job? Then, I hope, you will understand my words. ;)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

dennis_2310

12 May 2019 15:58

I understand you, because I tried it by myself, and well... I completely fucked it up :?

Buuut, I'm still a bloody beginner in mapping and I personally think that still it is possible to integrate some of the suggestions I mentioned in the screens. Not everyone, but some of them.
That areonly suggestions and I think that Zelenogradsk and the Curonian spit should have priority over the city centre.

DH-Trans Luxembourg s.à.r.l - delievering goods everywhere in Europe
Headquarters: Luxembourg (L), Kaliningrad (RUS)

I speak: 🇩🇪 🇱🇺 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇷🇺

artartis

12 May 2019 17:35

id777 wrote:
06 May 2019 01:31
I like new Jekabpils! Awesome work there!

Please don't forget to make custom road signs like it was in old Promods Baltics.

Are you going to connect this road P75 to road 122 in Lithuania?

Can you extend Daugavpils (like it was in old Promods Baltics) on A6 - P67 direction? And road P68 to Belarus border, If there is space.
Yeah I agree with you Daugavpils need to be extended. A6, P67, A13, A14 are busy TIR routes. Nice work on Jekabpils Vladzz

ScuL
Founder

13 May 2019 02:37

Please note that the Curonian Spit was not removed, it was simply omitted from being converted because it wasn't ready yet!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

id777
Donation rank:

13 May 2019 12:52

Vladzz-G wrote:
12 May 2019 15:08
There's totally no room for such operation. Especially for northern interchange near Zelenogrdsk. Even without touching Kaliningrad (keeping SCS version), Zelenogradsk is barely mergable and conectable just with single road till eastern interchange.
If Kaliningrad will merged from old ProMods version - then Zelenogradsk (and, most likely, entire Curonian spit) must be declined, because of lack of space.

It's too easy for you to judge, but try to fit 'em all together yourself in map editor and waste couple of days of your free time for this job? Then, I hope, you will understand my words. ;)
Yes, I think Zelenogradsk and Curonian spit are musthave. Then, if there are space you can extend Kaliningrad city.

EDIT:
or you can merge full Kaliningrad and Curonian spit. And make Zelenogradsk only as small scenery town.

I like that area very much, for me it's important. So, when you decide what to do, please tell us ;)
Last edited by bmwGTR on 13 May 2019 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double posts, PLEASE use the edit button
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

bmwGTR

13 May 2019 15:05

Hi,

@id777: Please make no double posts, use the edit button instead. Otherwise I have to give you a warning.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

killen0
Donation rank:

11 Jul 2019 02:30

Nice addition of Jekabpils to Latvia :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information