Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
krigl

22 Mar 2019 23:05

Back again - today here are some final (for now) shots from Latvia before we move north to Estonia.

Today we're starting off in Valmiera in the warmth of the morning sun...

Valmiera's two main landmarks.

A bit of a strange place, perhaps making it was a little rushed?

In any case, one of my drivers swapped my dodgily painted Scania and trailer (I never even noticed that the
XT on the trailer was a. kind of jaggily photoshopped and b. TX on the right hand side - noob-level error. When
I used to play FSX there were also models where stuff was backwards on one of the sides... didn't know it
could happen in ETS 2 as well. How embarrassing. Will be more careful next time) for this nice new MAN.

Morning timber.

Captain's logs, stardate 21031.9.
This version of the MAN Euro 6 is now officially my favourite truck. The reason can be seen right there.

And even more clearly here. Yep, it's the thing which is clear - the windshield. It's HUGE. Driving this thing
is like driving using the bumper cam, except higher up and I can enjoy Black Sabbath without all the noise from the road. It gives a fantastic view.

Can anyone guess where we are? No... I thought not.

Somewhere near Riga. Time to drop off those logs. That huge windscreen - why? It's great in the game, but in real life? It must mean the cab needs more
cooling in the summer, more heating in the winter. Or not? And the sun is going to be in your eyes a lot... needs really long blinds.
Doesn't seem practical to me. But what do I know. Anyway, in the game it's awesome...

Take good care of those logs guys, I've got other fish to fry.

Picking up Happy Fisher boats at Emgure, midway between Riga and Ventspils.

Bound for Riga once again, we find ourselves meandering around lakes and rivers.

OMG. A forest of pine and birch has just closed upon us as we journey through this country of quiet, subdued beauty.

Approaching Riga, chewing on a Fisherman's Friend and glowering out from under my rainswept sou'wester.

Back in Riga... time to get camera happy.

When trying and failing to find out what this building is, I discovered that Riga is chock full of interesting buildings
and museums. You wouldn't think so from SCS's Riga. It's quite bleak. I like it, but some kind of representation of the
old town at least in the distance might have been nice.

Heading through town to the marina, I sent the drone up on autopilot to get some pics.

Delivering those boats at last.

Off to find a new job that will take us out of Latvia.

This area looks promising...

Here we go!

Heading north towards Parnu along the coast, we glimpse That Rest Stop...

That's it for now... looking forward to Estonia!

Milan

krigl

24 Mar 2019 23:02

Still heading north to the edge of Latvia...

Last settlement before Estonia.

Godspeed, my brave trucker! Little Ivars and I will wait for you! You have my hankie as a remembrance! Oops, facing the wrong way.

Estonia... the last state I shall be visiting. Got to get back to Kosice.

Arriving in Parnu. While the cat's away the mice will play, it is said, and back in Slovakia things are beginning to slide.

Next morning, leaving Parnu with a cargo of Cottage Cheese for Tartu.

Lovely route, this one. My staff are up to their usual tricks that they indulge in when I'm not around.
Tardiness, not showing up at all, petty theft (toilet rolls and the like). Got to get back home and kick some derriere. But first - a few sets from Estonia.
Looking forward to it!

The village of Kupu.

Bridge between Kupu and Tartu.

So you can get them in white, too?

Outskirts of Tartu.

Nearing the delivery point.

After a day in Tartu we're off bright and early for a trip back to Parnu, this time via the southern border route.
Quite a lot of which we've already done.

More Tartu suburbs. It's a big place indeed.

Heading south towards the border with Latvia at Valga/Valka.

Another lovely Baltic trip.... čau for now...

Milan

krigl

28 Mar 2019 22:48

Ahoj there, Milan's back again with some more shots from Estonia...

Still heading south from Tartu towards Valga.

Passing through Rongu.

At Valga we turned west and headed off along a new road (for me) parallel to the border and back towards Parnu.

The village of Ala.

All very picturesque...

Closing in on this house in the village of Karksi-Nuia relentlessly with the drone, I realised it's windows aren't just painted on - you can see through them, and there's
another wall inside so that when you move around it gives the illusion that you're looking into a room. Awesome!! Even more to love about
the architecture in this DLC.

Flowers are really nice too. It would be great if they replaced those 2D tulip sprites they use sometime...

Yet another sunrise, and we're in Parnu, about to take a job up to Paldiski for a short hop over the Baltic to Kapellskar.

Leaving Parnu.

Moving north up the Baltic coast.

Another port, this time Paldiski.

Boarding the ferry.

We dropped off our cargo in rainy Kapellskar and then headed back again.

Paldiki's industrial landscape is ravaged by large corrugated metal worms.

Time to get gone, so we've picked up something new to haul.

Another endless bridge... i.e. a bridge without ends, or so it seems.

On the route from Paldiski back again to Tartu.

The church at Ana.

Nearing Tartu...

That'll do for now, thanks for looking in!

Milan

krigl

01 Apr 2019 22:09

Back again after a very busy weekend, determined to at least get the 3 Baltic states done despite overwork...

Still heading for Tartu.

There it is on the horizon.

Back in the Tartu suburbs again.

Passing the beautiful rendition of St Peter's Church in Tartu. Shame Saarinen's St Paul's Church isn't there (at least I didn''t see it) but you can't have it all, St Peter's looks great here!

Urban residences.

Heading for the blockier side of town.

Found it!

Dropped of the cargo in Tartu and went to find a cheap hotel with a view of the lake.

Bumped into Dan Vavra, who's been expanding our operations in the Baltic region. We shared a trip up to Narva.

He was complaining about how hard it is to keep the trucks clean in the insect-rich environment of the Baltic summer.
"Look at the bloody windshield," he said. "More bugs than Kingdom Come Deliverance at launch."

He is rather a fearsome-looking gentleman at first hand, so despite it being April 1st I thought better of teasing him about why the said game
doesn't have any genderfluid individuals of colour driving the narrative or kicking rears into next year in 15th century Bohemia and just stuck to the usual topics -
gaming, hockey, women, beer, the Bohemian Reformation...

Altogether it was a very pleasant drive.

This broken down old building reminds me again of RusMap. After hearing the sad news about one of the creators, and with the knowledge
that only one person is updating it, plus that nothing has apparently been done on that front for many months, plus the time it's taking to
explore regions of the map, I have reluctantly decided to retire the 5th and final fantasy freelancer before she ever made an appearance.
There may soon be no RusMap to explore...

Well, who knows, maybe it will survive - perhaps ProMods or someone else will take it over... and when all of ETS2 and ATS has been covered,
maybe I'll venture eastwards. But for now it's going to be ProMods/SCS maps only...

We've almost reached the north of Estonia now, and things are still looking very nice indeed.

Approaching Narva, on the border with Russia. Won't be venturing there for a while though. And not with Milan. In the second half of the year
he'll be visiting the Balkan states covered in the coming DLC to experience the most advanced ProMods iteration of that before SCS paper over
it...

Scenery village near Narva.

Here we are.

The post-communist vibe is strong with this one.

The unloading point.

After some time exploring Narva I headed out of town to spend the night at a rustic guesthouse, leaving Dan taking care of opening another new
Baltic garage.

Just the northern bit of Estonia to go now.... cheers!!

Milan

De_Ruyter

05 Apr 2019 11:09

Some nice new photo's, got some interesting adventures going on!
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

EdgeGladiator

05 Apr 2019 19:39

great pics !
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

rudenkov vladimir

05 Apr 2019 21:49

Great photos! And skin on a truck H. Essers have you where? Do you work for a Russian Virtual Transport company?
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

TheNuvolari

06 Apr 2019 08:12

Shot #14 is the most artistic IMO, I love it! :D
krigl wrote:
01 Apr 2019 22:09
After hearing the sad news about one of the creators,
What happened?

krigl

09 Apr 2019 21:10

De_Ruyter wrote:
05 Apr 2019 11:09
Some nice new photo's, got some interesting adventures going on!
EdgeGladiator wrote:
05 Apr 2019 19:39
great pics !
Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

krigl

09 Apr 2019 21:16

rudenkov vladimir wrote:
05 Apr 2019 21:49
Great photos! And skin on a truck H. Essers have you where? Do you work for a Russian Virtual Transport company?
Hi there - thank you!! The skin is from here: https://ets2.lt/en/?s=h.essers
It's pretty nice, isn't it? Hope it's okay to post a link?? If not, I'm really sorry!

I don't work for any virtual transport company, though doing that kind of thing might be fun.
Too busy taking pictures all the time, don't get much hauling done really :D

Cheers!

Return to “Share the love”

• Information