[Fixed] Denmark, various issues

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
Tuppence870

15 Aug 2014 13:02

I noticed these floating trees from the moment I reached Denmark via Esbjerg to finishing my delivery in Padborg (after that I took a job to Orleans, so I don't know about the rest of Scandinavia). They always appear to be in the same pattern with two trees floating above the ground, with their tops sheared off. I have my vegetation level set to "Low" to run the game smoothly.

I also noticed that Padborg isn't marked on the map, even though it is possible to take jobs to and from the city. This means that the only way to search for jobs there is to manually drive to each business and check the jobs from their front gate.

The area around Padborg is also prone to random, brief drops in frame rate (I can run the game at a smoothish 20-30 FPS, but these drops would bring it as low as 5 FPS). Usually, just pausing and unpausing the game fixes this, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious cause for the drops.

I later noticed this tractor on the E18 outside Olso that is sinking into the floor.

Guacamole
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 01:30

Didn't notice the ugly trees (I visited Padborg at night) but was searching the forums to see if the "can't select Padborg on map" problem was just me or if others have it too.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 02:27

Guacamole wrote:Didn't notice the ugly trees (I visited Padborg at night) but was searching the forums to see if the "can't select Padborg on map" problem was just me or if others have it too.
Select it as what? -unless you're choosing a starting city for a profile, you can't select any city you haven't visited.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Guacamole
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 03:54

Jan Verschueren wrote:
Guacamole wrote:Didn't notice the ugly trees (I visited Padborg at night) but was searching the forums to see if the "can't select Padborg on map" problem was just me or if others have it too.
Select it as what? -unless you're choosing a starting city for a profile, you can't select any city you haven't visited.
I mean, select it in the Freight Market menu once you've gotten the "Discovery" notice. Have to drive to the green box in front of businesses--I prefer the lazy way of using the Freight Market and map :)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 13:56

Oh, I see, it's not named on the map. Well, that's a bug then.

ScuL
Founder

17 Aug 2014 14:02

It's not intended to be named on the map :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

daan6

17 Aug 2014 14:14

Why not?

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 14:16

ScuL wrote:It's not intended to be named on the map :)

Reasoning? -if you're going to make it part of the economy, it should be on the map. I get why Gedser and what's-the-other-one-again aren't named: they're only ferryports. Burg a. Fehmarn has an E-Acres, so it's on the map. Seems logical to me.

If you intented this truckstop (right?) to be an easter egg, you shouldn't have put drop off/pick up points there, imo. In doing so and not naming it, you're forcing people to play the game a certain way, which, personally, I resent very much. I don't like jumping through hoops.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 14:24

I don't get the last remark. We don't force anyone to play it a certain way.

If it's part of the economy it doesn't need to be named on the map right? I didn't check yet but I thought you can just select it in the freight market (I will check it this eve).

The truckstop is no easter egg. We showed it multiple times. People requested a truckstop with companies and if I remember correctly it's not named on the map.

Padborg is just a small "truckstop". I will look at it, let's see if there are any improvements needed.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Tuppence870

17 Aug 2014 15:20

It really should be marked, because the current situation limits the way in which the player can interact with Padborg.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information