The Old Swedish Wolf is Houling.

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
TWP-WOLF

07 Dec 2018 22:23

G'Day ProMods Staff & Forum Members.

My name is Bengt "Wolf" Johansson (A.K.A TWP-WOLF), a 64 year old handyman as well as a huge SCANIA fan from Sweden that felt to drop in to say hello to you all.

Who I am? Well, I'm just a simple, honest, caring old man that loves to play Euro Truck Simulator 2. As for American Truck Simulator I have not got in to that more than just a short peak, but I will take a closer look further on.

Now there are for sure some that wonder how an old man like me come to play PC games, as it is a good question. Well, since I'm a former computer technician the next step towards gaming was not that huge as I started to play online with Call of Duty included United Offensive Expansion Pack back in 2006 if I'm not mistaken.

Since then, it has been a long journey with own built computers, lots of accessories and of course, a hole bunch of games (majority FPS games).

As for today I got tired of all the "killings" on the battlefields as everything took a turn in the way I started to look for some alternatives to all destructiveness of my FPS games.

What I found was something I really love, namely Euro Truck Simulator 2 as bring up some memories from the 70's as I was practically living on the roads of Sweden as a 25 meter truck and trailer driver. For not more than a few month ago I got a letter from the County Administrative Board with a renewal requirement of my drivers permit for heavy trucks and trailers as I made the decision not to renew the permit any more since I'm for sure never going to get back on the road as a truck driver after so long time of absence. But who needs a drivers permit for heavy trucks and trailers when we got Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator ;-)

But one thing is for sure as I still have truck driving in my backbones, and with all that experiences of hauling 25 meter truck and trailers seems to become very useful even on the virtual roads of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.

By the way, after some hours on the roads of Euro Truck Simulator 2, I realised that AI do not stand for Artificial Intelligence. Regarding those crazy AI drivers out on the virtual roads, AI must have a totally different meaning, namely Artificial Incompetence.

Well folks, that's all for me for this time.

Take Good Care of You and God Bless You All.
The Wolf is neither people's competitor nor his enemy. The Wolf is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared. - L. David Mech.

EdgeGladiator

08 Dec 2018 11:43

Hi Bengt and welcome! Nice presentation ;)
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

TWP-WOLF

08 Dec 2018 22:33

Dear EdgeGladiator. Merci beaucoup mon ami :-)

Well that's my limitation, as for a few words more, in the knowledge of the worlds most beautiful language, according to my opinion (with all respect to other languages).

I have not told any one except you, that when I'm on the virtual roads of Euro Truck Simulator I use to listen to French speaking (with music of course) Internet Radio Channels, even though I don't understand more than some words since French and Swedish are related.

By the way, I found me a nice old song that I dedicate to myself as I'm hauling around in the virtual world of Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Canned Heat & On The Road Again - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRKNw477onU ;)

Take Care and God Bless You.
The Wolf is neither people's competitor nor his enemy. The Wolf is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared. - L. David Mech.

Return to “Introductions”

• Information