Compatability

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Stringbean

30 Nov 2018 15:34

Ian-C wrote:
30 Nov 2018 13:04

It says nothing about the ProMods version of the region being used instead of the Baltic DLC which i paid for and would be expecting to see if i drove in that region. so as stated above it's not compatible but overwrites the DLC content which i think is fairly important information that needs to be passed to users.
I agree with this. If Promods itself is overriding the Baltic DLC with it's own assets then that indicates a compatibility issue. Ok, Promods still works but If I want to install Promods it means I won't see the SCS Baltic DLC.

After all, the ETS v1.33 is an update specifically for the Baltic DLC as well as other little fixes so gives the assumption that the latest version of Promods will work in comparison with the Baltic DLC.

In short, it's as if Promods has indeed been updated to reflect the ETS v1.33 update but neglecting the fact that many people will have the Baltic DLC but won't see it because Promods has overridden it.

ScuL
Founder

30 Nov 2018 15:37

Stringbean wrote:
30 Nov 2018 15:34

After all, the ETS v1.33 is an update specifically for the Baltic DLC as well as other little fixes so gives the assumption that the latest version of Promods will work in comparison with the Baltic DLC.
This is false. The 1.33 update is much more than just a Baltic DLC provisioning update. I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Stringbean

30 Nov 2018 15:43

ScuL wrote:
30 Nov 2018 15:29

If you had expected Baltic DLC compatibility within 24 hours I have to disappoint you as we are not superhumans.. It will take several weeks, if not months due to the complexity.
Thanks for confirming the non-compatibility issue with Promods and the Baltic DLC. You've just stated that it will take some time to make the next Promods version to be compatible with the Baltic DLC which in turn makes the current version not compatible because it will simply override it.

I'm more than happy to wait for the next version, but clarification on the compatibility issue of Promods v2.32 needs to be clear.

Vøytek
Developer

30 Nov 2018 16:04

Yeah... What's unclear in this sentence taken from the Compatibility page?

Beyond the Baltic Sea does not prevent the game from loading but is not compatible.

Because to me, it's clear that this DLC is not compatible. Maybe you misunderstood it somehow.

Or quoting our blog post:
ProMods blog post wrote: Please note that ProMods 2.32 is not officially compatible with the “Beyond the Baltic Sea” DLC. If you have the DLC, you can still run ProMods 2.32 but you would only be able to access the ProMods Baltic region rather than the DLC version. A future update to ProMods will require the DLC and allows you to explore SCS’s version of the Baltic region.
It was stated many times that it'll obviously take time to connect our areas with the DLC (it's the same case as with every DLC in the past).
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Pear

30 Nov 2018 16:11

So is the Promods version of the Baltic region better than the SCS version?

I haven't used Promods for a while and was going to install the new version but I just bought the Beyond Baltic DLC.

I used to have Promods + Rusmap installed and it was marvellous but it's getting too complicated to install. Does the standard Promods map cover the Baltic region or do I have to install Rusmap too?
ΡΣΛЯ

Stringbean

30 Nov 2018 16:16

Good question. I'd be interested to read what they say.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2018 16:31

Different yes.. is it better.. its subjective.. :)

btw.. Rusmap is fully incompatible with Baltic DLC...
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Vøytek
Developer

30 Nov 2018 16:39

Pear wrote:
30 Nov 2018 16:11
So is the Promods version of the Baltic region better than the SCS version?
It's hard to say. Everybody will have their own opinion.
You may like some parts more, some parts less.

Remember that the DLC is made in the previous ~year, which means it's using latest assets (including many new models made with love for this region) and techniques of work. Our DLC was being developed throughout years, so some parts are older and some are new.

We'll try to choose and mix the best of both worlds.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Pear

30 Nov 2018 16:50

Thank you for the prompt answer. I know from past experience that Promods adds so much more to the overall map and there are some awesome places to go and sights to see. You guys do great work.
ΡΣΛЯ

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information