Letter to Promods Devs

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Jackaroo
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2018 19:08

Dear Promods,
I love your mod. I love it to BITS. But I cannot use it. Why? Well, some of us are cheap gamers and cannot afford all of the DLCs. When you are restricting the player count to people that only have all of the DLCs (very few, I believe), you are essentially limiting how many people you can make happy, and don't you want your users to be happy? Yeah, I thought so. Players like me are dying to use Promods, but simply do not have the money to use it. What I am trying to say is, if you can somehow have like a configurator for what DLCs a person has and can be tailored to them, that would be great. I know, this may be difficult, but I'm sure that there are people that would support you if you did this. I'm not saying that it has to be perfect, but with something like a configurator, your target audience will be bigger and you may happen to make more money in the process. Now, this is coming from a guy who likes to live on the cheap but wants the next-best-thing out there, but this is something that I have been waiting for for a long time. Now, I know that your map may not be as detailed, but look at how far that C2C came for ATS and it doesn't require any DLCs and look at how detailed it is. If they can do it, so can you. I have the confidence in you. I don't care how long it takes (i had to wait a year for something else to become available) but I know you can do it.
Thanks,
Jackaroo

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2018 19:21

Please read the following. It explains why we require all map-DLC. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22129

The amount of work it requires to build our mod a second time (without DLC) is insane. We don't have the manpower and/or the time to do so.

The people who don't have too much money to spear, can put just a tiny bit of money aside every month. That's enough to buy the DLC when they are needed. Their not that expensive.

Every one who can own a PC, and buy other stuff, can safe money to buy the DLC one/twice a year IMO.

Secondly, we do not make any money at all on our mod.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Josh0

13 Oct 2018 21:20

Jackaroo wrote:
... but look at how far that C2C came for ATS and it doesn't require any DLCs and look at how detailed it is.
The Coast2Coast map for ATS is a really bad example:
  1. C2C does require Nevada and Arizona DLCs, but these DLCs were free with the base game. Recent releases of C2C do require the New Mexico DLC, the version of C2C which does not require the New Mexico DLC is no longer being updated and was released for an older version of ATS (so it won't work with newer versions of ATS). In fact this is similar to ProMods: old versions of the ProMods package are available for download on the Compatibility page, but the ProMods team no longer updates those old versions. The Compatibility page also tells us which version of ETS2, and which DLC(s) are required, to use each ProMods version.
  2. I'm not sure if you were trying to say C2C is very detailed or not very detailed. In my opinion the level of detail in C2C is minimal at best. Many of the highways have no scenery at all, the terrain at the sides of the road just slopes upward. Many of the cities are copy-pasted from SCS cities. Contributors to the project are adding more roads and custom-built cities as time goes on, so there are isolated pockets of more detailed areas, but on average I would say C2C is very undetailed at this time.
If you are asking for a ProMods map with a C2C level of detail, then that is not what ProMods is about. It is my understanding that people like ProMods because of the higher level of detail, realism, and development of areas not included in the SCS map.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2018 22:39

Jackaroo wrote:
.... people that only have all of the DLCs (very few, I believe),
actually.. its not true.. besides.. you can always find DLC`s for cheap money.. few bucks/euros.. its few coffee cups.. or some ice cream.. or anything other.

f.e. - Going East - 4$ - https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1060- ... rrency=USD
Scandinavia - 5$ - https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/819-b ... andinavia/
France DLC - 6$ - https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1798- ... la-france/
Italy DLC - 9$ - https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/2226- ... -2-italia/

in total.. its only 24$.. i dont know prices in USA for living.. but for average income in USA its coins... one/two pizza or similar..
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Vøytek
Developer

14 Oct 2018 00:02

Jackaroo wrote:
When you are restricting the player count to people that only have all of the DLCs (very few, I believe)
I think you're very wrong here. I believe most of ETS2 players own all map DLCs, some of them maybe don't own Italy yet, but then they can still use ProMods up to 2.27.

It's one DLC per year. So it means you need to eat 1 or maybe 2 pizzas less a year to afford it (a 40cm pizza where I usually order food is 38PLN, Italy DLC is 69.99PLN on Steam and only 35+ PLN on other websites. It's really cheap, just save few dollars a month and you'll save enough easily ;)
The longer you wait, the worse it is, because you have to catch up with buying few DLCs in a short period of time later. If you wait until BtBS, you have to buy 2 DLCs at once instead of buying just one a year.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

dkokales
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2018 01:14

I agree with all of the responses here. The DLCs are not expensive at all, and anyone who can not afford them probably can't afford the electricity to run their computer either. If you put aside 50 cents a day, you can buy any DLC in a month or slightly more. Just skip one cup of coffee a WEEK and you've got the money for goodness sake. The assets and quality that the DLCs bring to this and other mods far exceeds any cost. I sincerely hope that Promods continues to always put quality first and continues to require all DLCs.

matthllmnrr3

14 Oct 2018 05:45

This is probably the saddest most pathetic letter I have read on a gaming forum, and total agree with the replies. Jackaroo, turn of your computer and save those pennies!

ETS2-User
Developer

14 Oct 2018 21:54

Some time ago we had a poll to see how many players own all DLCs. The result was 99%.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Asyedan

15 Oct 2018 04:27

Also the ETS2 DLCs are quite frequently with discounts up to -75%. So you can buy them way cheaper in these moments.

WolfGuy100
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2018 07:02

I'm sorry but this is the most pathetic thing I have ever read. Jackaroo, that's not how it works. Each ProMods version requires a certain DLC like others said above me. Without any DLC, it just won't look right with assets missing. Heck, it might cause the game to crash! If you really want to play ProMods, I suggest you to go out, try make some money like, getting a job and save them up. With my job 6+ years and my excellent budgeting skill, I am able to afford any of DLCs! To me, I think DLCs are pretty cheap which doesn't take a lot out of my account. I'm sorry if I sound rude but you CANNOT just ask any devs to do this or that to make it fit to your needs. They will probably find it rude and probably a waste of a time. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information