[DIS] AfroMap by dimon_26

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
realmadrid1902

12 Aug 2018 22:04

Does it include Egypt
Last edited by bmwGTR on 13 Aug 2018 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours
ProMods user since: 2.15.
PC specs: I don't like to say them.
Langauges: a bit FR Image , EN Image and AR. Busy with School!

EdgeGladiator

12 Aug 2018 22:16

Please do not quote posts above you. For now, this map contains only Tunisia.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2018 22:40

realmadrid1902 wrote:
12 Aug 2018 22:04
Does it include Egypt
Next time, try reading the first post.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

TunDrik

24 Aug 2018 22:35

Kobra2112 wrote:
11 Aug 2018 16:47
Questions:
1) Is it compatible with PM?
2) Is it just copy-pastes of other areas?
3) What's the overall size of the map (some screenshots would be helpful)
From the tests that i've done on this map:
1) Yes it is compatible with promods
2) From driving around on this map for a reasonable amount of time and visiting several of the cities, none of them seem to be copy paste and are all unique and seem to be designed by the map maker
3) It seems to be a comparable size to Ireland at it's current point in development.
Honestly this mod seems to be better quality than I initially expected, so ill probably keep it in my main mod load and i'm excited to see where this project goes.
Screenshots:
English and Swedish

ETS2: ProMods - RusMap - Southern Region - Poland Rebuilding - The Great Steppe - AfroMap - Paris Rebuild - Emden - Swedish Islands
ATS: Viva Mexico - Mexico Extremo Aguascalientes - La Paz & Cubo San Lucas Rebuild

CptCaribbean

24 Aug 2018 23:29

Let's see if it doesn't misplace anything in ProMods, creates IWs, etc...
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

TunDrik

25 Aug 2018 01:26

Couple in game screenshots:
There is some very very pretty country that this mod accomplishes fairly well, but it is obvious that the hills are used to mask the edge of the map (maybe it's because Tunisia is so flat)
One of my biggest issues with this mod is that these road signs are 1. not accurate to the design of true Tunisian road signs, but are also not in Arabic like they should be.
A very pretty coastal road that runs between سوسة (Sousse) and صفاقس (Sfax),

Pros:
Lots of very pretty country side, the coastal road between سوسة and صفاقس is a beautiful scenic drive, and we finally get a connection to Africa!

Cons: Some houses look very out of place like french stone houses and red and white nordic hosues (this may be attributed to the fact that there are no Arabic style house or building assets because SCS hasn't traveled south enough yet), 10-15 frame loss when entering a city, road signs in English as opposed to Arabic, the license plates in Tunsia at the moment are Austrian for some strange reason.

At the moment this map is better designed than TSM for sure and I would say is on par with the YKS Trukey map, but certainly not as detailed as ProMods. This map could certainly use some work, but I think it's heading in the right direction, and it's only at the beginning of development so we can expect much more i'm sure.
English and Swedish

ETS2: ProMods - RusMap - Southern Region - Poland Rebuilding - The Great Steppe - AfroMap - Paris Rebuild - Emden - Swedish Islands
ATS: Viva Mexico - Mexico Extremo Aguascalientes - La Paz & Cubo San Lucas Rebuild

TunDrik

25 Aug 2018 04:38

Interesting development:
I found a page on "Modland.net" which seems to have a 1.3 version of this map, but it only works with 1.32 beta.
It appears that they added Arabic to the road signs, except it isn't real arabic
I speak a minute amount of Arabic (I've taken an Arabic class for several years) but I know enough to pronounce every word even if i don't know exactly what it means. This would mean that city names are pretty self explanatory, and easy for me to pronounce, yet in this picture above, Kairouan and Al-Kef are represented in Arabic with random letters that are actual non-sense and do not mean anything. In reality Kairouan would be spelled, القيروان, and Al-Kef would be spelled, الكاف. We don't know much about this mod developer at the moment, but it would be safe to say that they is certainly not from the region, but i still do appreciate his/her motivation to improve and expand this mod and this is all the reason more to want to get in touch with this mod developer.

Link to the update: https://www.modland.net/euro-truck-simu ... -1.32.html
English and Swedish

oklik2601

29 Aug 2018 19:31

TunDrik wrote:
25 Aug 2018 04:38
Interesting development:
I found a page on "Modland.net" which seems to have a 1.3 version of this map, but it only works with 1.32 beta.
It appears that they added Arabic to the road signs, except it isn't real arabic
I speak a minute amount of Arabic (I've taken an Arabic class for several years) but I know enough to pronounce every word even if i don't know exactly what it means. This would mean that city names are pretty self explanatory, and easy for me to pronounce, yet in this picture above, Kairouan and Al-Kef are represented in Arabic with random letters that are actual non-sense and do not mean anything. In reality Kairouan would be spelled, القيروان, and Al-Kef would be spelled, الكاف. We don't know much about this mod developer at the moment, but it would be safe to say that they is certainly not from the region, but i still do appreciate his/her motivation to improve and expand this mod and this is all the reason more to want to get in touch with this mod developer.

Link to the update: https://www.modland.net/euro-truck-simu ... -1.32.html
hi! I am the author of the map. I will try to alter the signs or leave only in English

Davyddin
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2018 20:24

Easy, just check Wikipedia!
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

id777
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2018 01:42

No, just leave French and Arabic like in real life. But not fake Arabic like it is now.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information