Strange settings issue with accelerator pedal

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Snowleopard
Donation rank:

14 Jul 2018 01:40

Hi all, I have an odd issue that I am trying to figure out. :?

The problem....in settings it shows the accelerator pushed full down. I have a G27 wheel, shifter and pedals set up. Have to add, set up works fine in ATS without a flaw.
Even when I delete my settings and set everything up again, same issue.

If I unassign the accelerator, it still shows as fully pressed. If I select keyboard only, same thing.

Now here is the bit that I feel maybe involved, If I run my game without PMds, the other map mods and just a few mods, my set up works fine. However I cannot see how a map mod (or the 3 I run) could influence the accelerator setting.

So could it possibly be a corrupted mod? I've gone through my mods to see what could cause this and as yet cannot find one.
I will just do trial of elimination until I find it.
Is thier a way of seeing within the game log what could have changed the setting? I have taken a copy of both PMds profile and also non map mod profile and sat then side by side to see if any odd changes have occured, I found nothing to suggest a mod is causing it.

Has anyone any ideas please? Any suggestions what to look for?
Im not often flummoxed by my game not working right, usually can sort it out but this one has me stumped!

Cheers for any input to my dilemma, Snowy
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

realmadrid1902

14 Jul 2018 01:42

Game log please. We can’t help you without it
ProMods user since: 2.15.
PC specs: I don't like to say them.
Langauges: a bit FR Image , EN Image and AR. Busy with School!

Josh0

14 Jul 2018 02:15

In my opinion, these controls cannot be affected by any mods.

If you assign your pedal to the acceleration axis, does setting the "Acceleration axis mode" to "Normal" correct your problem?

Snowleopard
Donation rank:

14 Jul 2018 13:20

Sadly no Josh0, non of the settings change its permanantly on state.

Of course I understand that no mod could influence a button being held in the on position, not possible. Which leaves a strange problem as the set up works fine in ATS and a fairly vanilla profile.

I regularly save my profiles so will remove the last entry and replace with a saved one, I wont lose much in terms of progression but may solve the problem even if can't figure out why it's doing it in the first place.

Ok I have just had another tinker with it and ....I put it in Keyboard only mode and saved it. Exited the game then started ETS2 again same profile, then went into settings it showed no full on like before so I figured it was fixed and set up the G27 stuff again, it set up fine, din't show full on and steering shows working. I forgot to mention that also the steering wasn't being transmitted into the game, showed it in settings fine but once sat in Truck, no steering either.

Well still no luck, no steering or accelerator. I will pull all my hardware apart tonight when I've time and re do it all. Which is weird as it works ok in the vanilla profile. Maybe will swap out the profile tonight and hope for the best!

I don't think my game log would help at all, I've picked it apart and put both side by side to see the difference. Yes I've errors and such, but nothing garingly obvious. If I figure it out I'll let you know what daft thing it was that was causing it!
Snowy
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

xwrys536

27 Mar 2021 23:57

I have a same problem. Did You solved yet?

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information