[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Alex1289

27 Feb 2018 20:40

<snip>

Still the same result ,the archive is corrupted . I tried on another computer with chorme, like you told me and it still gives me the same result .Please do something about this .
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 27 Feb 2018 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-3k

Davyddin
Donation rank:

28 Feb 2018 00:23

I just re-downloaded, tested and extracted (with both uploads of the 001). As expected, the multipart tested and extracted perfectly correctly. I.e. ProMods cannot "do something about this". The problem exists solely on your end. What exact result does the tester give, when you run it with all seven parts fully downloaded and in the same location?
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Snowleopard
Donation rank:

28 Feb 2018 14:15

I figured I would also try and see if thier was something wrong but as expected, nothing wrong with the files at all. I downloaded both file 1s and checked that they worked the way they are supposed to. The only way I could re-create the file failing is by trying to extract the single file.
So I would certainly check your method of how you extract the files.
Ensure all 7 downloaded files are in 1 folder, right click on file one and select 7Zip Extract here and the magic will happen and give you your SCS Pro Mods files.

Best Regards,
Snowy
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

Alex1289

28 Feb 2018 18:40

The tester says , it can't find the first file .I tried on another computer and it gives me the same result .One weird thing I noticed it is that the file is has one strange number in it .So the file should be named like this :promods-v226.7z , but my file is named like this promods-v226.7z(1) .That (1) showed up also on my other computer even though I have never tried to install on it . There must be something about the IP I guess. By the way I am not trolling here , I just want to play this map.I really don't think that I am the only one who has this issue .Thanks in advance !
Last edited by Alex1289 on 28 Feb 2018 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Vøytek
Developer

28 Feb 2018 18:45

It adds (1) to the name if a file with this name exists already. If you download the same file multiple times, it'll add (2), (3) and so on. So just rename that file.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Alex1289

28 Feb 2018 18:46

Like I said , I tried it on a different computer where I haven't installed anything of promods ever and the number was still there

Davyddin
Donation rank:

28 Feb 2018 19:19

So just remove it!
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

InvalidSudo

01 Mar 2018 12:40

I've disabled my adblocker, I've tried downloading it on stock untouched Internet Explorer (but it got locked down because of a classic "Microsoft Technician" ad), I've tried downloading it on my phone, but it always keeps leading to the Access Denied page. I've tried everything I can think of.

Listen, ProMods team, I'm glad to pay you guys through ads for the hard work you've done, but why did you make it such an inconvenience to download the files? If I were an admin, I would make the free download options slower than it already is, keep the ads, and remove all those idiotic safeguards. If people were to use adblockers, the server download rates would be awful anyways, balancing out the server costs.

Humbrian
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2018 13:07

Used the link from the email I recieved and every part, apart from the def file takes me to the access denied page:- access_denied.html. I am logged in so I don't understand what is going on.
I would use the pay link but I actually do no have $1.00

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to explore the new map.

Twift Apollo
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2018 13:49

I'm Having Same Problem Here :(

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information