[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

24 Feb 2018 13:33

Some of you earlier may have noticed the following:
freedl.png
freedl.png (29.16 KiB) Viewed 2008 times
The servers got so smashed that they started rejecting connections - I'm sorry about that. We provision servers (and remove them) on demand else our hosting becomes quite expensive for what is a free download. When I started seeing the alerts come through I provisioned more servers to the pool to cope with the downloads, things should be stable again.

ProMods v2.26 actually got launched a week ago. ScuL is away travelling at the moment so didn't have a chance to send out the final batch of newsletters (I didn't quite know this at the time) and so I removed a bunch of servers thinking the rush was over. I have not seen any complaints and it only appears a handful of downloads were refused so to those who were having problems give it another go and it should be fine.

Thanks for your patience.
Promods Server Administrator

Noah_Lukas

24 Feb 2018 13:40

That's really good to know ;)
Vøytek wrote:
15 Feb 2018 19:15
Especially when you're... 10 years old?
Cough ... contenance ... cough :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Alex1289

25 Feb 2018 14:53

Why does the first part of your map keeps being damaged .I downloaded it 5 times and it gives me the same error :This file is corrupted or ......

bmwGTR

25 Feb 2018 15:06

Hi,

have you tried disable the virus scanner while downloading?
Some virus scanner damages the archives while downloading.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

25 Feb 2018 19:10

Alex1289 wrote:
Why does the first part of your map keeps being damaged .I downloaded it 5 times and it gives me the same error :This file is corrupted or ......
The files are not damaged - I've verified this on the servers themselves. Likely your Antivirus meddling with things or if you're using a download manager then it is likely that. It is recommended by many if you're on Windows 10 to not install third party antivirus software and just use the built in Windows Defender.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

26 Feb 2018 08:49

Flywheel wrote:
15 Feb 2018 16:14
Too the admin l who answered my post, Please read what i said, i always get the paid version, i do not care about your tests, i have two new versions of WinRAR and &Zip, at least 6 times it says they are corrupted, please do not call me a liar. Now why i am i posting, i have really had it with this forum and it's rude manner to folk. Now i get two unsolicited emails from you good folk asking me to update your program, now if you don't care and and only come up with this drivel, please remove me from your mailing lists. I have been with ProMods from day one, but your forum sickens me. . I do not want any emails from you folk anymore, i hope you understand , that as good as ProMods is , life goes on. Goodbye, regards Peter
Sorry to hear that Peter. I was only just trying to explain there isn't any issues with the archives themselves and not meaning to be rude or anything. Anyway, hope you got it sorted in the end.

Alex1289

26 Feb 2018 18:58

michaelmurfy wrote:
25 Feb 2018 19:10
Alex1289 wrote:
The files are not damaged - I've verified this on the servers themselves. Likely your Antivirus meddling with things or if you're using a download manager then it is likely that. It is recommended by many if you're on Windows 10 to not install third party antivirus software and just use the built in Windows Defender.
I uninstalled the only antivirus I had ,which was Malwarebytes.Apart from that I have no other antivirus .Nothing about adblock or something on my browser.I tried installing the file on both Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge ,still it says it is damaged.Please help me !
Note :I have tried with both WinRar and 7-zip with turned off protection and it gives me the same result

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

26 Feb 2018 19:35

Alex1289 wrote:
I uninstalled the only antivirus I had ,which was Malwarebytes.Apart from that I have no other antivirus .Nothing about adblock or something on my browser.I tried installing the file on both Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge ,still it says it is damaged.Please help me !
Note :I have tried with both WinRar and 7-zip with turned off protection and it gives me the same result
Use Google Chrome with no download accelerators or anything.

GreenMax

27 Feb 2018 14:58

I have a problem with opening the first file it says that is corrupted.I downloaded it the same way u said without anything and with chrome.Can u please help?

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

27 Feb 2018 20:07

Alex1289 wrote:
GreenMax wrote:
27 Feb 2018 14:58
I have a problem with opening the first file it says that is corrupted.I downloaded it the same way u said without anything and with chrome.Can u please help?
Right - I've put the file on another server. It has been checked and is valid and will be there for a short time for anyone with the first file problem to test. Please let me know.

Edit: Link expired.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information