[2.25] Long loading times - solution in "annoucments"

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
THFalcon
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2017 20:02

I have the same issue like norguy

ScuL
Founder

04 Dec 2017 20:11

The new GPS (AI navigation routines) that have been implemented by SCS in v1.30 are making the loading time considerably longer. It takes 2 minutes to load ProMods 2.25 on my (rather powerful) PC, whereas it only took 30 seconds to load ProMods 2.20.

Sadly we cannot do anything about this.

The game is not frozen, you just have to wait a long time.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

norguy

04 Dec 2017 23:05

ScuL wrote:
04 Dec 2017 20:11
The new GPS (AI navigation routines) that have been implemented by SCS in v1.30 are making the loading time considerably longer. It takes 2 minutes to load ProMods 2.25 on my (rather powerful) PC, whereas it only took 30 seconds to load ProMods 2.20.

Sadly we cannot do anything about this.

The game is not frozen, you just have to wait a long time.
Yes, that was what I had to do. I waited very patiently this time, and then after I counted 10 minutes the loading finished :) Thats a lot more than your 2 minutes though, and I have no other mods installed and a fairly powerfull laptop. (2016 Macbook Pro 15" with external Graphics, SSD, 16 GB RAM and Windows 10) Nothing I can do to reach your 2 minute loading time I guess?

Anyways, its much better to wait 10 minutes than having no 1.30 compatible version at all. 10 minutes is what I had to wait for the PC to boot 15 years ago lol.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Vøytek
Developer

04 Dec 2017 23:35

It's helpful that you remember those old times, when everything took a long time to start ;)

You can just go to the kitchen and make a tea or prepare something to eat. Just do something else when it's loading, so you won't waste any minute of your life.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ScuL
Founder

05 Dec 2017 01:04

10 minutes is a very long loading time but you may then use other map mods on top of ProMods?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

dlw610
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2017 13:25

I have been using promods for a long time now and have never had a problem until now. After purchasing and uploading 2.25 my load time went from about 1 minute to over 5. Yes, I do have all available dlc map extensions from scs and I am using some other mods (no other maps though) and all worked fine before. Before posting this I removed all other mods from the game and just ran with promods, it took over 5 minutes to load. I then removed promods and put my other mods back in, it loaded in less than a minute. I understand that this is a large file but it never took no where near this long before. I am currently not using promods in my game. I will be buying the italia dlc today and will see what happens with that and promods later.

motorhomegirl14
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2017 15:38

Dear Sirs.

Promods 2.25 is taking nearly 2 minutes to load, please could you tell me why that is? When I load vanilla map, loads really quickly with the same mods activated. Please could you advise?

Thankyou.

Motorhomegirl14.

Topolino

05 Dec 2017 16:00

On my PC, it takes more than five minutes, so don't complain. :-P
Former beta tester (June 2018 to March 2019)
v1.0: EuRoadNet

Vøytek
Developer

05 Dec 2017 16:10

Warning: That's a long but important reply. Please, read it carefully to understand the issue.

Here's a reply from SCS, quoted from the SCS forum:
...the game is generating navigational data. This happens when there is change in game version, map or job related data (e.g. because you added or removed DLC or mod). The generation of the data might take some time, especially if you have slower CPU (on my home i7-6700 the generation for combination of base game + east + scandinavia + france DLCs takes about 15s.). Currently the progress bar is not updated while that happens so it might look as if the game did hang. Just leave the game running for some time and it should continue. After the data are generated, they will be reused for future loads until some change forces them to be generated again so future loads should be fast.
And now what causes PM 2.25 to load so long every time?

Unfortunately, SCS didn't delete Genova. It's hidden but it's in game. Companies aren't disabled. And there's a bus station that isn't disabled too. It causes issues. Usually, only the first loading of ProMods should take some time, and then every new loading should be really fast. But that bus station in Genova causes the cached data to break, and it has to cache it over and over again, with every restart of the game. That's why loading ProMods takes so long.

Now I have a theory - if you buy the DLC today or later, it'll solve the problem automatically. That bus station will get assigned to Genova and the game will be happy, so it'll cache all roads once and then load everything very fast next time.

If you don't have the DLC - I already have a fix for that problem, but please keep in mind, that it overwrites SCS vanilla sector. So, if SCS fixes something there, my file won't reflect the change.
ProMods 2.25 loading time fix: http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/k8r6aerczq75/promo ... 5.scs.html
Try it yourself. Put it above ProMods Map in Mod Manager. Load the game once, it'll cache the navigation data and it takes few minutes. But now after you restart, it'll be very fast. Just remember, that changing some mods may break that cached data and you'll have to wait again.
Now my PM 2.25 loads in less than 10 seconds, it was never that fast. So SCS actually improved the loading time A LOT but we can't benefit from that properly because of their mistakes...
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Topolino

05 Dec 2017 16:31

It works!!!! :o :) :P Thank you very much!! You're great!
ProMods is loaded in less than 20 seconds!

But why took ProMods 2.2 on my PC also about 2-3 minutes?
Former beta tester (June 2018 to March 2019)
v1.0: EuRoadNet

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information