Political sensitive regions

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2017 19:11

I want to answer, but I can't in Balkan topic, so I opened a new topic in proper subforum.
CptCaribbean wrote:
18 Oct 2017 13:26
loupdargent wrote:
18 Oct 2017 11:46
And if for exemple Scotland claim their independence, and UK isn't okay with that, will you remove all Scotland from promods?
History is in perpetual movement, i think YNM is right, if promods make it like it is officially, peaple shouldn't be upset because there isn't any political position taken.

Another exemple, if one day you make Corsica, you will do it as part of France, but some peaple may not consider Corsica as part of France.
You forgot the biggest political conflict in Europe at the moment, here where I am between Spain and Catalonia.

Every person is a new world but if you want my oppinion because I live it everyday, I really wouldn't mind whether if Catalonia is taking part or not inside Spain, the most important is the quality of the mod, I wouldn't bother tbh, idk how serbians / people from Kosovo would feel like.

And as said, I don't want to offense anyone but you are really not avoiding places with political conflicts e.g. Catalonia, Basque Country, Scotland, Bretagne, Corse, Northern Ireland...
CptCaribbean, you can't compare Kosovo and Catalonia.
Kosovo means much for Serbians, unfortunately not for "our" political leaders. In middle age it was central part of our country. Today there are still many monasteries (you can't separate religion and our nation). I will say this at once and I will not discuss later about that (and all follow text about Kosovo): I believe that official history is lie in big percent. Albanians comes to Balkan much later than Serbians, along with Turks. But it is still ok, they have their own country. After 2. World War, leading people in world, the most USA and UK leaders by president Tito started project of emigration of Serbian from Kosovo and immigration Albanians. After 1990 and the breakup/disintegration of Yugoslavia, thing went worse: American leaders helped Albanian terrorists to make army OVK. In later years with maximum in 1999 and March 2004 they killed many Serbians just because of nation and forced much more to emigrate to Serbia. Fortunately, I don't have members of family in those tragic events. Conclusion: Kosovo is seized/kidnapped/stolen from Serbia and Serbian will be very upset to make Kosovo indenpendent in game.
I don't see any not even close reasons for exluding Catalonia or Scotland from game. I know that there was wars against Britains/Spanishes, but in recend decades they are pretty piece regions. Catalonians and Sotlandians have some kinds of self-government and, I think, their indenpendence will be worse for them in economical terms. On the other hand, Britains and Spanishes can't feel like Serbians about corresponding regions.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Noah_Lukas

18 Oct 2017 19:53

I see you are very historically orientated :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Callipso
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2017 02:39

Maybe, though I think since it hasn't been all that long since Kosovo War took place 1998-99 he probably has actually lived through the events he is speaking about so has some first hand knowledge of that time in particular.

As far as the point about the comparison made by CptCaribbean he does have a strong argument, Catalonia and Scotland are not exactly in the same situation as Kosovo is in, The events in Kosovo obviously lead to a full scale war and further escalation of the problems that caused it to begin with. The sovereignty of the region has been in dispute for decades even before it broke away from Serbia. Both sides are not going to look at the inclusion of the territory with soft eyes, especially on who controls that region. It is a good decision by the devs to not include this powder keg into the game.
Scotland is obviously not happy with being part of the Union anymore, though I don't see that issue devolving into a situation were war will break out anytime soon. It seems more likely they would use more diplomatic and legal means at their disposal to eventually become independent if enough of their population desired to leave. As far as Catalonia is concerned recently it seems to also be fairly peaceful in terms of a separation from Spain. I get there have been protests and some violence over the passion that the issue has caused, and it seems like they may take a more expedient means to achieve their independence than Scotland would, however I don't see things going down a war path there either. Since Catalonia and Scotland are already represented in the game and there has not been any real backlash toward their existence as non-independent entities I think it is fairly safe to say those regions will continue to be developed.

brainiac
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2017 10:06

You perfetly finishedmy post.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

CptCaribbean

20 Oct 2017 13:52

brainiac wrote:
18 Oct 2017 19:11
CptCaribbean, you can't compare Kosovo and Catalonia.
Kosovo means much for Serbians, unfortunately not for "our" political leaders. In middle age it was central part of our country. Today there are still many monasteries (you can't separate religion and our nation). I will say this at once and I will not discuss later about that (and all follow text about Kosovo): I believe that official history is lie in big percent. Albanians comes to Balkan much later than Serbians, along with Turks. But it is still ok, they have their own country. After 2. World War, leading people in world, the most USA and UK leaders by president Tito started project of emigration of Serbian from Kosovo and immigration Albanians. After 1990 and the breakup/disintegration of Yugoslavia, thing went worse: American leaders helped Albanian terrorists to make army OVK. In later years with maximum in 1999 and March 2004 they killed many Serbians just because of nation and forced much more to emigrate to Serbia. Fortunately, I don't have members of family in those tragic events. Conclusion: Kosovo is seized/kidnapped/stolen from Serbia and Serbian will be very upset to make Kosovo indenpendent in game.
I don't see any not even close reasons for exluding Catalonia or Scotland from game. I know that there was wars against Britains/Spanishes, but in recend decades they are pretty piece regions. Catalonians and Sotlandians have some kinds of self-government and, I think, their indenpendence will be worse for them in economical terms. On the other hand, Britains and Spanishes can't feel like Serbians about corresponding regions.
To be honest I really don't know the actual situation between Kosovo - Serbia nor why did actually start, I only did know that everything started because of a war in the 90's. Information on wikipedia is quite bad and it's not very well-explained. Now thanks to your info I've fully understood the situation.

I didn't know that this political situation is still armed, if so then clearly makes a point apart with any other european situation. Anyways I didn't try to compare them with Catalonia / Scotland / any other "place" that wants the independence from their own country, what I just said is that talking as countries with political issues (even if they are minimum for having one of its inhabitants and felow player of ProMods that gets offended), they are really not avoiding it, without the size of the situation being compared, because it's clearly worst the situation of Kosovo, but a scottish / catalan, etc. would also be offended of seeing his land having a flag from the UK, Spain... that's why I gave my own opinion, as you could also give it from Kosovo.

To end up, it's just a pity what has happened to Serbia and have a both satisfactory treaty and if so we could all of us drive through the kosovan roads. I guess that with the early entrance of Serbia inside the EU all this gets solved.

Best hopes for all of you ;)

PS: Sorry for the late answer, but I wanted to prepare it properly hahaha
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

brainiac
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2017 16:09

Do not hope for solution in EU. We (people, not politicans) don't want EU, we want alliance with Russia. Our politans are criminals which work for Western leaders or secret services. They want to destroy our country by taking all of recources. EU also don't want us as part so they always make new requests when old are fullfilled. There is big problem: requests are stupid, like less pensions and salaries, bigger budget,... but never arresting criminals in republic and local goverments and tycoons. The hardest requests are about Kosovo. Politicans de facto, only not formally, recognise Kosovo as independent state. After all tragic events they do nothing to improve situation for Serbians. Situation is worse and worse.
We wait for Russia to start behave like America and change regime. They are only hope because Western leaders control all important flows in country. We are colony, not independent country.
I hope that your nation never will come in such situation.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2017 21:52

This is exactly why we avoid these regions; even just discussing about them sparks a hefty discussion. We do not allow these discussions about politically unstable areas because of this. Closed.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information