After New Mexico, which state would you like next?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.

Which state would you like after New Mexico?

Poll ended at 01 Feb 2018 19:25

Utah
26%
Texas
37%
Oregon
36%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 870
Callipso
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2017 22:06

I think that Texas will probably be two DLC by its own and likely the same for Montana both due to their size. maybe perhaps one half of Texas would be free if they are going by your system however I don't think they are going to actually offer a free state after every payed state, and especially due to the fact the some of your free states would require access through a payed state, meaning what? blank or generic terrain in the place of the payed state until you reach the free state? that makes little sense to me.

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

12 Sep 2017 10:20

I don't see SCS suddenly announcing Utah as a free DLC. They did this with Arizona to support day one sales.

What they could do is giving a few cities in Arizona a small rebuild for free/ add their new companies along with the release of New Mexico (like they did with France)

Vernquist
Donation rank:

12 Sep 2017 11:43

Callipso wrote:
11 Sep 2017 22:06
I don't think they are going to actually offer a free state after every payed state, and especially due to the fact the some of your free states would require access through a payed state, meaning what? blank or generic terrain in the place of the payed state until you reach the free state? that makes little sense to me.
@Callipso Yes, I am aware of that problem, but when every state will be paid, then it will mean 30+ paid map DLCs, which can hugely affect on sales negatively. Soon it will be the same problem as it is in ETS2, where after Italy DLC they (SCS guys) will not have any manouver to create new countries without necessity of any of their map DLC:
Spain and Portugal - connection through France;
Finland - connection through Sweden/Scandinavia Expansion (ferry);
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania - connection through Poland, etc.

Majority of people (e.g. in Poland) play ETS2 only with Going East DLC, because they "don't want to pay for sth (Scandinavia, France, Italy) they can have for free (ProMods in older versions)". Soon ATS will have similar problems, or even worse, because ETS2 started in the middle of Europe and ATS started in south west...

So, you can see that problem is much bigger than "when we will get new state / country in our game?" ;)
RobertKNL wrote:
I don't see SCS suddenly announcing Utah as a free DLC. They did this with Arizona to support day one sales.
@RobertKNL They supported day one sales by giving Nevada for free, free Arizona was given to rise sales generally after a couple of months of using ATS
Last edited by tkk7406 on 13 Sep 2017 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid double posting, edit your posts instead
ETS2 - Running on combination:
(in progress, two profiles)
ATS - Running on combination:
(in progress)

Channel / Kanał: https://www.youtube.com/user/Frater94

Vernquist
Donation rank:

12 Sep 2017 11:47

RobertKNL wrote:
@RobertKNL They supported day one sales by giving Nevada for free, free Arizona was given to rise sales generally after a couple of months of using ATS
ETS2 - Running on combination:
(in progress, two profiles)
ATS - Running on combination:
(in progress)

Channel / Kanał: https://www.youtube.com/user/Frater94

Roudou

12 Sep 2017 11:55

Callipso, I can agree with you on Texas, no map DLC out by today is bigger than Texas, but I would be very disapointed. About Montana I totaly disagree. Montana is not so big, smaller than France or Spain, but bigger than Italy and a bit bigger than Germany. If they split Montana in two DLC, this is just a shame.

Callipso
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2017 00:28

@Roudou. You might disagree, though lets not forget that the Western half of Montana is home to some rough mountainous terrain which won't be something that they will be able to map easily. If they decide they wish to put some roads through the Flathead Indian Reservation toward Glacier National Park, or if they want to put a road from Montana to connect to Yellowstone that would also include some heavily forested regions too. Everything to East of Bozeman and Helena is Great Plains so will be fairly easy to map in comparison. I suppose if the trend of more developers getting hired at SCS continues Montana could be done in one package, It's not impossible to imagine that happening.

@Vernquist. If they do go with that pattern I would tend to think they would give a state for free that would be accessible to you without any extra DLC needed to use it, Idaho for example is a good choice since you can get to it through other free states in this case Nevada, Other choices are Utah or Colorado which are accessible through Arizona and would allow Wyoming to be added free at some point At least that way they wouldn't have to figure out how to map a payed state if you don't choose to buy it. However I do agree that too many payed DLC will probably have a negative impact on sales, and that most people will probably be cherry picking their favorite states instead of buying all of them, so a few free ones to encourage people to buy others is not a bad idea.

Roudou

13 Sep 2017 04:44

And ? Is Europe an agricultural flat land ? :P

Seriously, I don't want to start a battle of numbers, but there is nothing in Montana that is a new challenge for SCS in my opinion.

Callipso
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2017 05:56

Things do take time, and most works of art are best not to be haste-fully done. My point doesn't have to do with weather it will be a challenge for them to complete the area or not, more weather they have the resources to finish the task in a timely manner. Like I said, its not impossible to do, so I am not disagreeing with you that it can't be done in one package, I do have my doubts about the scenario.

Roudou

13 Sep 2017 06:20

Ohh ok, sorry for my misunderstanding.

Time will tell, it is a bit frustrating as a customer to wait, of course, but I prefer to wait than have a buggy release. SCS just move to a bigger place some weeks ago, they can keep growing now.

And if I'm not wrong, a dev said that something went wrong during the development of NM DLC, it wasted a lot of time and made big delays on what they were expecting, I don't know if it's true, and we'll probably never know, but why not. At least it's a possible cause of this long time wait.

astronomer
Donation rank:

14 Sep 2017 14:07

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information