[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SpatialDragon
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2017 13:35

Yeah, you are probably right, but 2.17 works perfectly. 2.18 refuses to show up in the mods page inside the game. Okay, I found that file. My pc has two hard drives, an ssd that is too small for all my games, so I loaded them into the bigger hd. Sorry if my terms are wrong, I am not real advanced. Okay, let me try moving everything over to "documents, ETS2" and I will report back. I do appreciate the help, I never would have looked there.

Edit:
Okay, I figured out the problem. My ssd is under "quick access" and is small so it would not auto load. I deleted some stuff to make it fit. It appears I can delete 2.17 now and remove it from the "Mods manager." I do appreciate the help getting me pointed in the right direction. We are up and running. Now I know how to do it correctly.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 28 Aug 2017 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-2c

Rockinitus

01 Sep 2017 08:12

When trying to click the download link it only works one out of 3 or 4 times, but I have been spammed for trying to click it too much. What is happening is that browser hijacking ads are launching and I keep having to back out and try multiple times. Can I please get unbanned? I was on the last 99MB file.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2017 12:14

Must have been more to this going on as it doesn't ban your IP that easily. You'll need to wait at-least a few hours from the last time you tried and make sure you only click continue once to start the download.

Edit: Also make sure you're not doing a download accelerator as some will get you banned too. We do not support them and never will as it puts additional load on our servers for very little gain.
Promods Server Administrator

Locomotor79

04 Sep 2017 11:18

becausse adlfy made have 2 shut off U-block origin and now i am getting contiously web pages popup beccausse off add fly whit there commercials

ScuL
Founder

04 Sep 2017 11:48

This is getting old, sorry but this is 100% user error
http://www.adflyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=56982

Adfly does not host malware.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

DragonWolf5589
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2017 14:32

to be honest, I have always had issues with adfly and virus alerts. and google searches show many other people have similar issues.

I have a web filter, and it blocks 70% of the ads (about 40% as "malware" 20% as suspicious 10% "phising") at times due to viruses and malware, worse on android phones, it auto downloads odd .apk files vibrating your phone with "VIRUS ALERT YOUR SIM IS INFECTED!"

HOWEVER, I don't think this is intentional. Its just some ad/websites are clean when approved, then injected with malware, but these DO get spotted and taken down, just sadly not fast enough at times. so far the better options compared to some other links that use far worse services that are worse, ad.fly DO remove the ads if you report them and they bar the person advertising again. I have been infected by an ad in ad.fly last year (and google search shows this this still an issue but rarely), but I have the common sense to not install them. Malware from websites need INSTALLING on your computer to infect you. If you use a good antivirus and firewall, there should be no issue.

EDIT: Just to update as forgot to mention. I have the same issue sometimes with GOOGLE ads. so its NOT ad.fly themselves. its the advertisers that change their ad after being approved. Google ads have the same issues, its just they have more staff to stop them quicker.

although, personally, i now use the paid servers, as I don't like ad.fly myself as I get popups of "the brit method, make millions this month with our technique" (now its blocked by the web filter as its a scam), - at least he skip ad button works so the person still gets paid.

ANYWAY, in reply to everyone who doesn't like ad.fly .. its only $1 (80-85p in uk) for the pro download, which costs less than, 99% of things you pay for. In fact, a can of coke around the same price. the option is there for people to use and support this fantastic free mod that takes a LOT of work to do!

Vøytek
Developer

05 Sep 2017 14:36

Chrome + AdBlock Plus + uBlock and you have no ads and popups on adf.ly ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

steda2e
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 11:25

I'm pretty sure this isn't quite the right area to post this, but I can't find a Contact Page. I have tried to download the mod via the free servers and twice now I have gotten a "Virus" ad. It completely locked up my computer so I had to do a hard reboot. then when I restarted I hit the resume button on the downloads I had already managed to start within the Chrome downloads screen. I then got an error message stating along the lines of "Your downloads have been blocked due to an accelerator". I understand that it's a free download server, however, some of the ads shown are rather questionable ethically and could, in theory, cause a corruption of hard drives due to the need to power off the computer and switch on again to be able to use the computer again.

cheers

Vøytek
Developer

06 Sep 2017 11:30

You shouldn't click on those ads...

I downloaded all 7 parts yesterday without any issue. Just use Chrome with AdBlock Plus and uBlock origin.

And yes, free download can't be resumed.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 11:31

You get a few warnings before that happens - it is triggered if you attempt to start too many downloads in a short space of time. Try again in a few hours, there is nothing we can do to unblock you.
Promods Server Administrator

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information