After New Mexico, which state would you like next?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.

Which state would you like after New Mexico?

Poll ended at 01 Feb 2018 19:25

Utah
26%
Texas
37%
Oregon
36%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 870
KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2017 14:47

CptCaribbean wrote:
24 Aug 2017 14:01
SCS has never said that ATS would be a project for only the USA, as the game is called "American Truck Simulator" and that means that it could go from Canada to Argentina (also adding that this won't happen).
It's like saying that ETS2 is only for states of the European Union.
I'm pretty sure they've said that they're gonna do all the states of the USA, but nothing about Canada and Mexico.

EDIT: I take that back actually. You are probably right. I found this on their blog:

"It would be great to get the chance to reach the East Coast, it would be fabulous to be able to push north towards at least 60 degs latitude and south towards the Equatorial. But ultimately, it is up to you, our fans, if this happen - you will vote with your wallets. We expect to get the right guidance from you on future growth of our team to handle the new opportunities and challenges."

Sorry for that.
Last edited by tkk7406 on 25 Aug 2017 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleared up some quotes in order to make it look better

Callipso
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2017 22:18

I do think that at some point they could venture out the States and test how well those are received before they officially say for sure they will continue doing Canada and Central America. Roads south of the border tend to get smaller and narrower the further you go and people might not like going over the number of speed bumps that some of those countries have to use to control traffic. As for Canada we are talking about a road network that is largely around the US border, the further north the less roads there are and less actual scenery to be found beyond woodlands and lakes eventually ending in tundra that is more or less featureless. British Columbia and Alberta have the most topography though not many roads go through those Canadian Rockies. It might not be as exciting to go beyond the US borders as some people are hyping it to be.
Last edited by tkk7406 on 25 Aug 2017 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please stick to the topic and try to use the report button if something doesn't seem right. The team will act accordingly.

brainiac
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2017 22:54

But it implies that those states need much less time. So, why not?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

loupdargent

25 Aug 2017 09:00

Callipso wrote:
I do think that at some point they could venture out the States and test how well those are received before they officially say for sure they will continue doing Canada and Central America. Roads south of the border tend to get smaller and narrower the further you go and people might not like going over the number of speed bumps that some of those countries have to use to control traffic. As for Canada we are talking about a road network that is largely around the US border, the further north the less roads there are and less actual scenery to be found beyond woodlands and lakes eventually ending in tundra that is more or less featureless. British Columbia and Alberta have the most topography though not many roads go through those Canadian Rockies. It might not be as exciting to go beyond the US borders as some people are hyping it to be.
Even a few roads in those areas would be exciting for me, and even futher north, i prefer woodlands and mountains but tundra can be pleasent. It's like the Great Steppe mod for ETS 2, there are completely flat grassland areas, but i find it great.
And honestly, in states with less road network, why not doing some rough roads like in the "Extreme Truckers" games (made by SCS).
Into the truck analysis tool we have a stat bar for rough terrain, and i think it's still underused.

I know here there are many "realism fanatics" who love to drive only straight motorways, but in some parts of the world it's not always the case. I remember a documentary (sorry i saw it few years ago and can't remember the name) about truckers in oural mountains and siberia, reminds me extreme truckers, it was a true adventure. Transport by helicopter or plane is more expensive so when you can reach a place with a road, even rough, trucks can do the job.

I can give exemples made by Promods like the road crossing iceland or the road south of kirkenes going to the quarry which are great challenges to drive.

CptCaribbean

25 Aug 2017 10:59

loupdargent wrote:
25 Aug 2017 09:00
Callipso wrote:
Even a few roads in those areas would be exciting for me, and even futher north, i prefer woodlands and mountains but tundra can be pleasent. It's like the Great Steppe mod for ETS 2, there are completely flat grassland areas, but i find it great.
And honestly, in states with less road network, why not doing some rough roads like in the "Extreme Truckers" games (made by SCS).
Into the truck analysis tool we have a stat bar for rough terrain, and i think it's still underused.

I know here there are many "realism fanatics" who love to drive only straight motorways, but in some parts of the world it's not always the case. I remember a documentary (sorry i saw it few years ago and can't remember the name) about truckers in oural mountains and siberia, reminds me extreme truckers, it was a true adventure. Transport by helicopter or plane is more expensive so when you can reach a place with a road, even rough, trucks can do the job.

I can give exemples made by Promods like the road crossing iceland or the road south of kirkenes going to the quarry which are great challenges to drive.
I think you are talking about "Ice road truckers" (if not, at least there is another example). In this reality show you can see real life truckers who every day deal to drive the northern Canada, where there are no roads but only frozen rivers, which would be one of the most exciting things that SCS would be doing tbh.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

loupdargent

25 Aug 2017 11:28

CptCaribbean wrote:
I think you are talking about "Ice road truckers" (if not, at least there is another example). In this reality show you can see real life truckers who every day deal to drive the northern Canada, where there are no roads but only frozen rivers, which would be one of the most exciting things that SCS would be doing tbh.
No, it wasn't a TV show but a documentary about truckers in Siberia, and it was during summer so they have to deal with muddy and rocky roads with holes on it, crossing rivers, this kind of stuff. I remember they had some "snow problems" in a moutain's pass in the Oural.

But yes, when i'm talking about that i also think of the "ice roads", like in the northern canadian part of SCS extreme truckers.

EDIT : here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1N0npodWI

brainiac
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2017 12:58

CptCaribbean wrote:
I found such road on Russian open spaces.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2017 13:53

There are many roads like that in Russian Open Spaces. Not really a fan of that map tbh.

brainiac
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2017 14:33

I like to drive on highways, but it is also good to have some challenge roads.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

loupdargent

25 Aug 2017 14:36

I know for ROS but the scale is different and overwrites now Saratov sector of Rusmap, so no great steppe possible.
And the quality isn't good, i mean compared to Promods and Southern Region rough roads, even if there are few, i prefer quality towards quantity.

So to get back to the topic, i think even SCS could make such roads for ATS if one day they want to develop Canada/Alaska.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information