[REL] Universal Name Packs [1.27–1.31] [UPD 2018-09-26] [FROZEN]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Davyddin
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 04:06

forum_cover.gif
forum_cover.gif (29.29 KiB) Viewed 9494 times

As you have noticed, this series of mods has unfortunately been frozen for a long time, more recently mostly due to the very major changes to toponymy in the game (toponymic localization etc). I may however revisit this aspect of the game soon, and perhaps reboot these mods in some form. Thank you for your understanding!

The Universal Name Packs rewrite toponyms (place names) across several popular maps so as to ensure that they are correct, consistent and conform to certain strict conventions. There are different mod variants for different conventions. Use whatever variant suits you best. For Poland Rebuilding there are separate compatibility add-ons.

The mods also rewrite company and cargo definitions across the maps so as to ensure that company names are correct, consistent and conform to similar conventions as the toponyms, and that cargo names are correct, consistent and in English. For the ProMods Trailer & Company Pack there is a separate compatibility add-on. Additional translation mods will clash and neither need nor should be used.

The mods also rewrite country definitions so as to ensure that country names, time zones and other data are correct, consistent and conform to similar conventions as other toponyms. Since fuel prices are set in the country definitions, these mods also by necessity update them. Additional fuel price mods will clash and neither need nor should be used.

Examples: With the hybrid unromanized and romanized variants, the capital of Adygea in Russia is displayed on the map as Майкоп (Maykop)/Мыекъуапэ (Myeqw’apä) and in the job lists and the route adviser as either Майкоп or Maykop, depending on the variant in use. With the unromanized only variant, the same city is displayed on the map as Майкоп/Мыекъуапэ and in the job lists and the route adviser as Майкоп. With the romanized only variant, the same city is displayed on the map as Maykop/Myeqw’apä and in the job lists and the route adviser as Maykop. With the anglicized variant, the same city is displayed everywhere as Maykop and the capital of Russia as Moscow.

The mods currently include versions compatible with game versions 1.27.x/1.28.x, 1.30.x and 1.31.x.

The 1.27.x/1.28.x versions support:
  • Going East
  • Scandinavia
  • Vive la France
  • High Power Cargo Pack
  • Heavy Cargo Pack
  • ProMods 2.17/2.18/2.20
  • ProMods Trailer & Company Pack 1.13/1.14 (with the separate add-on)
  • Small ProMods Extensions 0.2.5
  • Project Balkans 2.5/2.51/2.6
  • ScandinaviaMod 0.1/0.2
  • Stuttgart Improvements 1.0
  • RusMap 1.7.3/1.7.4
  • Southern Region Map 6.5.2
  • The Great Steppe 1.0/1.0.1/1.0.2
  • Russian Open Spaces 4.0/5.0 (including Doubles and Heavy Cargo)
  • Promzona 1/2 for Russian Open Spaces
  • ItalyMap 1.1/2.0
  • YKS Team EU Turkey Map 1.4.5/1.4.6 (partial support*)
  • PJ Indo Map 2.2 (fictional representation of Indonesia)
  • SibirMap 0.1.1/0.2.0 (standalone) (partial support**)
The 1.30.x versions support:
  • Going East
  • Scandinavia
  • Vive la France
  • Italia
  • High Power Cargo Pack
  • Heavy Cargo Pack
  • Special Transport
  • ProMods 2.25/2.26
  • ProMods Trailer & Company Pack 1.15/1.16 (with the separate add-on)
  • Project Balkans 2.7
  • ScandinaviaMod 0.3
  • Stuttgart Improvements 1.01
  • Poland Rebuilding 2.1 (with the separate add-on)
  • RusMap 1.7.5/1.8
  • Southern Region Map 7.0.0
  • The Great Steppe 1.0.3
  • Russian Open Spaces 5.0/5.2/5.5 (including Doubles and Heavy Cargo)
  • Oversized Cargo 1.0 for Russian Open Spaces
  • Promzona 2/3 for Russian Open Spaces
  • YKS Team EU Turkey Map 1.4.7/2.0 (partial support*)
  • PJ Indo Map 2.3 (fictional representation of Indonesia)
  • SibirMap 0.2.0/0.2.1 (standalone) (partial support**)
The 1.31.x versions support:
  • Going East
  • Scandinavia
  • Vive la France
  • Italia
  • High Power Cargo Pack
  • Heavy Cargo Pack
  • Special Transport
  • ProMods 2.27/2.30
  • ProMods Trailer & Company Pack 1.17 (with the separate add-on)
  • Project Balkans 2.8
  • ScandinaviaMod 0.4
  • Stuttgart Improvements 1.01
  • Emden ProMods Adddon 1.02b/1.02c
  • Ivangorod Mod beta 1
  • Poland Rebuilding 2.2 (with the separate add-on)
  • RusMap 1.8/1.8.1
  • Southern Region Map 7.2.0/7.2.5
  • The Great Steppe 1.0.3/1.2
  • Russian Open Spaces 6.0 (including Doubles and Heavy Cargo)
  • Oversized Cargo 1.0 for Russian Open Spaces
  • Promzona 2/3 for Russian Open Spaces
  • AfroMap 1.2
  • YKS Team EU Turkey Map 1.31 (partial support*)
  • PJ Indo Map 2.4 (fictional representation of Indonesia)
  • Project Japan 0.1 (standalone)
  • SibirMap 0.3.0/0.3.1 (standalone) (partial support**)
*Due to conflicts with other maps, avoid visiting the truck dealers in Zagreb (all versions), Niš (1.31.x) and Sofia (1.31.x) when using YKS Team EU Turkey Map.
**Due to conflicts with other maps, some cargo and company names cannot be treated correctly in SibirMap.

Because of missing ranges in the UI font, the Romanian S and T with comma below are written with cedillas, the Azeri inverted E is written as A with umlaut, and Kazakh endonyms are written in the revised Kazakh Roman alphabet announced in 2018 rather than in the Kazakh Cyrillic alphabet; G with accent is however also missing and the accent is thus dropped. Arabic is missing entirely and is thus always romanized; H with cedilla is however also missing and the cedilla is thus dropped.

More detailed descriptions are available on the Steam Workshop. Quite some work has gone into QA, but mistakes may absolutely have sneaked in. If you happen to find any, I'd be happy for a report in the comments. Constructive criticism, suggestions and ideas are welcome, too, as are any questions. I hope you find these mods useful. Happy trucking!

Subscribe: Steam Workshop (always the latest versions)

Alternative non-Steam downloads (to be updated!): Buy me a coffee? My mods are available free of charge, but if you feel like showing gratitude with a small voluntary donation, it is possible via paypal.me/davyddin or as cryptocurrency:
  • Bitcoin (BTC): 3Q2nUQBQxoNPUUGqoTJ94UTwSvCNHeqSBX
  • Bitcoin Cash (BCH): qzauukppluz9flqwgcqf9p4yehgpf2s2c5vdx5jcky
  • Litecoin (LTC): MGScSPkeUk5vc6H1bJfGNCWkerfrcFAube
  • Ethereum (ETH): 0x8A841D711fC70D6e9512a6268e5eE8355955fbF3
  • Ethereum Classic (ETC): 0xdcA528A286d95deBCCE0E2D96fc48E944EDa44a3
Thank you very much, you support is greatly appreciated!

Acknowledgements: Published with kind permission of the ProMods team, Volan123 & Grega (Project Balkans), Chris94_NOR (ScandinaviaMod), Topolino (Stuttgart Improvements), Terg500 (Emden ProMods Adddon), Maxest (Ivangorod Mod), the Poland Rebuilding team, Aldimator (RusMap), SimKA (Southern Region), 09_KZ (The Great Steppe), МОРОЗОВ (Russian Open Spaces), Renzo248 & Deco13 (ItalyMap), SeptianPJ (PJ Indo Map), 10avoid (SibirMap) and stoked_dude (Project Japan).

REUPLOADING OF THESE MODS OR PUBLICATION OF DERIVATIVE WORKS IS FORBIDDEN WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION. SHARING OF THESE MODS IS PERMITTED ONLY USING ORIGINAL DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS AND WITH PROPER ATTRIBUTION. THESE MODS ARE PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. THE AUTHOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM USE.
Last edited by Davyddin on 24 Aug 2018 23:24, edited 63 times in total.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

34ilikepie
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 15:39

Davyddin wrote:

This is why I set out to develop a mod that would rewrite all non-Roman toponymy data from all these maps, so as to ensure that each and every non-Roman place name would be displayed consistently: with the endonym in its native script, with a recognized regional language endonym separated by a slash where applicable, and with an English romanization of the endonym within parentheses.

You may notice that so far this is in keeping with the normal ProMods convention of handling place names. ProMods furthermore uses the endonym in its native script as the short name, i.e. the name that is displayed e.g. in the job list. One variant of my mod sticks to this convention, but I realized that a second variant might be a good idea as well. This second variant uses the romanizations as short names. This might be handy e.g. when perusing the job list if one isn't all that familiar with Cyrillic script.

You may say that I might as well have named this pair of mods the Cyrillic Toponymy Packs, and presently, you'd be quite correct. But I like to think in abstractions, as well as dream of the day when these excellent map projects, or other compatible and contiguous projects, will be needing Greek, Georgian, Arabic, or Armenian scripts as well. :D

Davyddin
So what you are saying is that non-romanized scripts lets say Russian will be written first and then in a backslash or brackets the english/romanized would be added, or is it different because that description of this pack is slightly convoluted in a way

Davyddin
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 15:55

34ilikepie wrote:
25 Jul 2017 15:39
So what you are saying is that non-romanized scripts lets say Russian will be written first and then in a backslash or brackets the english/romanized would be added
Yes, quite so. An example: The Russian city of Ростов-на-Дону is displayed as "Ростов-на-Дону (Rostov-na-Donu)" on the maps. In one version of the mod it is displayed as "Ростов-на-Дону" in the job lists and in the other version it is displayed as "Rostov-na-Donu".
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

mateush05

25 Jul 2017 17:04

Nice mod! :D
Junior beta-tester 21.06.2018 - 02.2022

Stilgar
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 18:17

Yes, quite so. An example: The Russian city of Ростов-на-Дону is displayed as "Ростов-на-Дону (Rostov-na-Donu)" on the maps. In one version of the mod it is displayed as "Ростов-на-Дону" in the job lists and in the other version it is displayed as "Rostov-na-Donu".
And which version give the "Rostov" Name?

great work :mrgreen:
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

Davyddin
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 18:24

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
Stilgar wrote:
25 Jul 2017 18:17
And which version give the "Rostov" Name?
I'm not quite sure I follow; do you mean you would like a variant using just "Rostov" as the short name rather than the full "Rostov-na-Donu"?
Last edited by Davyddin on 25 Jul 2017 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 18:26

Having received permission from МОРОЗОВ, I plan to include the toponyms from Russian Open Spaces at some point as well (even though it doesn't seem to be perfectly compatible with all the other maps yet).

Blue Lark
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 05:05

Is it compatible with ProMods 2.17?
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

Davyddin
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 05:11

Davyddin wrote:
Compatible with ETS2 v1.27 and any of:
Yessir!

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 06:27

Thank you for providing this collection of mods. I'm currently using the one that closely matches ProMods' style of displaying the names on the map.
The names shown in the Job Info on the Route Advisor match the signs, which makes it easier to follow the signs if I choose not to follow the GPS closely.
But at the same time, I have city names that I can actually read in Russia and Belarus. :)

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information