mbman212's journeys through virtual and real life world

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
mbman212
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2017 21:00

It's been a very long time since I last showed you some screenshots to you. Anyways, I'd thought that now it could be THE time to put at least a few pictures here. And of course, these will be in a random order and contains screens from Europe and 'Murica.

Happenings in Europe:

Here I'm test driving the Next Gen Scania:

Me having a pause with colleagues from Estonia:

The first Heavy Cargo delivery with my trusty Mercedes:

Hauling goods with a DAF E6 full-trailer combination (truck body and trailer are private mods):

Met some well-known team members at Le Mans (sorry, I did forgot to press F11 to get rid of the names):

Here's another pre-convoy picture (I'm in that white Skoda):

Dang it, can't remember where this one was taken:

DeusHorizon, tkk7406 and me at the repair shop at Marseille. We decided to have a race there from Bordeaux, and unexpectedly, I managed to win that race:

We decided to gather at Nucleon in France:

adgjl and martinus looking at me, when I barely touched the guard rail and ended up like this:

Gathered up in Prague (yes, we had a Skoda convoy few days backwards):

tkk7406 barely touched another trucker and ended upside down on a concrete barrier:

And some screens from America:

I tried to go before barrier came down but apparently I got stuck in them and a freight train nearly smashed me. I was well prepared for impact but the train stopped before hitting me:

In this shot, I just have bought the Heavy Cargo DLC so, I decided to get a sea container crane:

And here I jumped in into the 1.28 beta and tested out this TRIPLE trailer:

And three scenery shots too:
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

jspence73

21 Jul 2017 12:48

Awesome pictures there :D
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

Horizon™
Developer

22 Jul 2017 19:49

Great screenshots you took there! The convoys with you, are enjoyable and I am very glad that I did most of them during the last week to experience some of the fails in the screenshots you have shown :lol: For instance, tkk4079 being T-boned by me, and appearing upside-down on the concrete barrier. :mrgreen:
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

mbman212
Donation rank:

23 Jul 2017 20:24

Yeah, especially that Skoda convoy was the most hilarious one :mrgreen:
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

trphlcs
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 11:11

mbman212 wrote:
23 Jul 2017 20:24
Yeah, especially that Skoda convoy was the most hilarious one :mrgreen:
Is there any chance to take part at your convoy or is it a promods only convoy? :)

mbman212
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 16:13

IDK, we usually do it very late in evening so... if you're awake then why not
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

trphlcs
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 16:49

That won't be a problem

mbman212
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2017 17:11

This time I'm back with more stories to tell. I'd like to make them look like a story instead of just and image with a description, that way they're more interesting to read.

Since I've been testing out some PRIVATE mods, I haven't shared you any screenshots but yesterday I updated all my mods, installed a few new ones and finally, updated all ProMods stuff. Instead of talking, let's start with the story, right? By the way, I will use "Mbman's trips across Europe" when I'm driving a truck that has no dedicated paintjob, if there's a name then it's probably a truck that is on my fleet.

MBMAN'S TRIPS ACROSS EUROPE PART 1: VAASA - GOTHENBURG
After being a rental driver for couple of trucking companies for a certain time, I finally had opportunity to get back home and make some money for my own company. First of all, nearly every truck of my fleet was in service, so I had no chance but to pay 370,000€ for a new truck, which is a Scania G490 with 490hp Euro 6 engine, Opticruise GR905R gearbox, older style 6 series interior (without fuel consumption and oil pressure gauges and smaller OBC screen), high pipe on the lift side, Highline cabin and Michelin tires and ALCOA rims.

When I got it to my garage, the boss called from Postnord and said that a 30-tonne B-train needs to be hauled as quickly and safe as possible to WW Logistics in Gothenburg. Well, let's hit the road then.

I arrived 5 minutes later there and spotted my trailer... I was thinking that this is going to be a pain in the a** to get it out of here. I reversed in, made sure that the fifth wheel lock pin has locked itself, raised support legs and connected electricity cables and air hoses. All I now need is to test out the lights and make some paperwork and hit the road.

Getting out of the company premises were easy and I didn't broke the fence or anything. After setting the GPS I noticed that this load wasn't that urgent was boss ofPostnord said, so I had plenty of time to go via country roads and some other areas, where are tight bends, just to see how this B-train will behave there. A few turns, and I'm on the E8 towards Pori.

Start of this trip wasn't good, it was raining heavily, but when I passed Lappväärtti the sun began to shine, but.. I forgot my sunglasses to my headquarters.

Soon I arrived to Pori and I decided to go through the city center with this beast. The first roundabout went nicely, and I spotted that my B-link had steerable axle as well, which makes it easier to turn in tight places.

Then back on the Kasitie and I went past Rauma, Laitila and Mynämäki, I found myself in Turku. There I find another trucker with Kuehne+Nagel trailer, but he was driving a bloody Iveco! :lol:

Time to hit the ferry to Stockholm and continue my journey.

The pretty common sinkhole at the E4 just outside Stockholm has been fixed and I can drive from there without any problems. Then it was just plain highway, so there happened nothing too fantastic, just cruising along at 80km/h.

Somewhere on the E20 however, I got busted by a swedish truck-fan,

and the camera flash was so damn bright I nearly lost control of my truck.

Later on, I found myself on a forestry roads that had many tight turns which really did put my truck driving skills to the test and even went on a piece of gravel which made my rear wheels to slip.

After getting back on the road, I was at my destination, Gothenburg and it was time to deliver my load... but wait a minute, if I need to turn this rig, how in the hell I'm gonna make it?!

Fortunately, someone on the company has received info that I'll be arriving at any minute, and pointed me to a easy parking point, but as you may guess it, it still needed a lot of swerving and I even lost all the brake pressure as well but finally managed to park this B-train onto it's parking spot, even it was left in a bend, they were happy that I even delivered the load to them.

Then it was time to head back home and switch out truck as a 76-tonne, 25.25 meter long (counting truck+trailer) Full-Trailer (I'm referring to a rigid truck with trailer, that has a dolly) needed transportation from Vaasa all the way up to Vienna.

Until next time, happy trucking!
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

trphlcs
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2017 19:20

Nice story & pictures! :)

mbman212
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 19:28

Now, some things have really changed in my life, and here is a short story with a couple of pictures.

First of all, I put application to a "delivery truck driver course", which means that I will get C-license (no particular weight limits, I can drive 5 axle trucks without problems), ADR-license (I don't remember what classes, but it excludes class 1, explosives and class 7, radioactive goods), "professional comptense (translated, so it might be wrong) and some other small things. This course also excludes the "E", so if my future workhorse has trailer attached, I have to leave it to the company premises. I was a little too worried whether I get accepted or not.

On Wednesday, August 30th, I did receive an SMS saying that I got accepted, so I was happy and yet I've been studying for a week, today the fun part begun, driving an actual truck.

First of all, my class began at 8AM and ended 14.50PM, and driving began at 15.10PM, and I was like, well, I can drive this old 4-series 400hp Scania, but today they changed trucks and gave us their old 1st generation Mercedes-Benz Actros with a 16-liter V8 engine

There was also two other students with me so we changed turns so that everyone could drive the same amount.

And of course, we had to use tachograph, since this was a truck.
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Return to “Share the love”

• Information