ETS2/ATS Local Radio

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Koen

01 Jan 2017 00:18

Happy new year everyone! Now, let's get right back to business:

To all Americans out there:

I am adding support for ATS, but I need your help. Because radio stations are very local in the USA (per city instead of per country), I need a lot of stations to get started.
You can help with that. Just head on over to https://koenvh.nl/submit-station and submit a station. It is quite a lot of work to do it alone, but it isn't if we all do it together ;)
So please help me fill the list of stations in the USA :) Thank you in advance.

The new version will also include some optimalisation, like a more SCS-like overlay and checks for the resolution:
Why do today what you can postpone until tomorrow?

asser69

01 Jan 2017 05:08

drool.... Ive been wanting something like this forever! Thanks for doing this!

Pretty awesome you have controller/keyboard support now for changing radio stations. Im probably one of the *few* people who dont own a cell phone, so changing
stations before this last version would have been a pita for me, lol.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

01 Jan 2017 13:45

Tested it today, and I have to give you all the possible praises for this; wonderful addon that makes the experience more realistic!

However, I can't help to criticize one very minor thing and that is lack of some DAB stations. I appreciate your approach of non-FM stations is an attempt to make it realistic, but cars do now come equipped with digital radios that are able to handle stations like BR Heimat, BBC Radio 6, so can't see how that takes away the realism to have these stations in? I'm not talking about web only streamed stations, because that would obviously be 'taking the biscuit'.

Koen

01 Jan 2017 14:23

@asser69 Even I prefer switching stations via the buttons on my steering wheel than using my phone, which is why I added it.

@HighFlyerPL185 I might change that in the future. You see, I could probably include DAB stations for Norway*, Denmark, Switzerland and the UK... But even in a country that embraces DAB radio like the Netherlands, only 15% of the devices support it [source]. Even in Norway, just 20% of the cars are actually able to receive DAB radio [source]. This makes it difficult to choose between including DAB-only stations and not including them.

*Already did that, as all FM transmitters in Norway will be switched off in the coming weeks

keremguvercin

01 Jan 2017 19:26

Zagreb (Project Balkans) is not in the map. While driving in Zagreb, I listen to Slovenian radios ;)

yang20

01 Jan 2017 19:44

keremguvercin wrote:Zagreb (Project Balkans) is not in the map. While driving in Zagreb, I listen to Slovenian radios ;)
Yes, it its.
Koen - I see on a map 2 city of Ljubljana (Slovenya)
Currently driving SCANIA S
PM2.40+RusMap 1.8.1+Great Steppe 1.2+Southern Region 7.8
Beta-tester of Project Balkans

Koen

01 Jan 2017 20:21

Fixed the double Ljubljana, and added Zagreb. Something must've gone wrong

Raining

02 Jan 2017 04:09

Hi, I am fairly new to Ets2, am driving on Promods with Rusmap and all official DLC's, and I am blown away by your radio mod. I think it's really wonderful, but I have a problem getting set up correctly.
I installed Local Radio as the instruction said, and I can turn it on, but while driving, it shows the Now Playing ... overlay, but when I hit the key for next station it plays 2 stations at the same time.
I tried it several times now, still the same conclusion, I am clearly doing something wrong, but haven't got a clue what?

taotekno

02 Jan 2017 12:12

Did you reduce the volume of that buzzing voice when you switch among stations or when u on/off the radio?
Potato Pc Master Race
Dell 5521R <3

Koen

02 Jan 2017 12:35

Are you sure that those keys aren't already assigned for something else? (Settings > Keyboard) It may be that the default ETS2 radio is still assigned to the page up and page down keys.

I did also reduce the volume, and if it still annoys you, you can turn it off by editing the config.js file.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information