A wish for the future

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Onkel_Yoshi
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2016 14:34

First of all, I just want to say THANK YOU ProMods for this awesome modification! I had fun with ETS Stock with Scandinavia and East, but after installing PM, I nearly spend 10 hours a day just trucking all around europe.

The only thing I´m missing are 2 ferry connections:

- Kiel (GER) Olso (N)
- Lübeck/Travemünde (GER) --> Trelleborg (S)

Is there any possibility those two lines will find their place in any future updates?

Also one question, because I didn´t find any answer and I don´t wanna drive without any goods:
Does PM have the Mont Blanc Tunnel, too?

Greetings from Germany,
Danny

Horizon™
Developer

18 Sep 2016 15:08

- Kiel (GER) Olso (N)
That's not a good ferry connection to add because of ferry bug which would skip Denmark and also reduce your income + there's a ferry to Oslo in Hirtshals (Denmark) which isn't that far at all (Few minutes, and you are there)
- Lübeck/Travemünde (GER) --> Trelleborg (S)
This ferry connections is also unnecessary because there's a Puttgarden-Rodbyhavn connection which does skip some of the Denmark.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Onkel_Yoshi
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2016 20:56

I know about the ferries from Hirtshals to Oslo ;) And I also know, that those lines will shrink the income, but I thought it would be a nice to have feature ;)

Greetz,Danny

veteranu

01 Oct 2016 03:20

God , i hate ferry's. Why do people like ferry's in the first place? This is truck simulator , not ferry's simulator. "Driving" , that's the point of the game , also the pleasure. if you skip a big part of the map because you are too lazy to drive , why do you still playing this game.. I always chose the road instead a ferry when i can. I never took the ferry from kiel or rostock(i don't know for sure) to trelleborg when i had delivery's to sweden. I really don't understand.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2016 07:16

^^^ You're my friend veteranu :mrgreen:
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

realdeal350
Developer

01 Oct 2016 16:13

I agree.

Kiel to Oslo is pointless as you can just drive through the beautiful Danish scenery and then catch the ferry from Frederikshavn to Oslo, earning you more money than if you were to take a ferry from Kiel to Oslo.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

MYE2001

01 Oct 2016 18:45

veteranu wrote:God , i hate ferry's. Why do people like ferry's in the first place?
I prefer to have some ferries to not use some routes too often. Assume that you are going to Norway from Germany. If you don't use any ferries, you would always need to go through Denmark and use the Öresund bridge to leave the country. While the scenery is nice, it can get boring when you use the same route a lot. But when you use ferries such as Hirsthals - Oslo, you would go through northern Denmark for instance and visit different places.

Callipso
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2016 21:16

I think all the unessential ferries should be removed, personally. I feel as though its cutting into the base of the game to be driving your truck to the destination. I know there are some routes placed for convenience of the player such as the Gdynia, and Padborg ports. They aren't essential though, as say the routes to Torshavn or Iceland are as you cannot access those islands without a port. I find its best to just drive to the destination anyway as all that scenery that was put into the game is just being bypassed and seems like it was a waste of time if its just passed up.

I don't care much about money as you get plenty of it either way, as you level up those prices inflate and you get enough no matter what job you do, in exception to short routes.

Shiva

04 Oct 2016 12:00

Ferry connections can be removed by the users.
As long as they are not in locked files.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information