Cyprus Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Platypus
Developer

25 Sep 2016 18:34

elitegamer0611 wrote:Yes you are right Platypus what I said was a little wrong. Pease accept my apology. But also please think like this; you live in Belgium right, imagine a mapping company (it doesn't matter for games or for commercial) is building Netherlands, Germany, France and when they come to Belgium they say "nah lets just by pass here" and moves to Luxembourg. That wouldn't upset you?

Anyway let's stay on the topic I am still wondering what is that "Middle East" road you mentioned. The only suitable Middle East road on Meditterrenean are; Lebanon, Israel and Egypt. Egypt is built independently so 2 options left.
Ok, no problem ;) I know you and other users want Turkey but I'm actually the only developper to work in this area. Also, as I previously said, work I'm doing is function of my inspiration of the day. I make the work when I have good idea how to do it. If you ask me to do Turkey now, I will just respond I have no idea how to begin it... I have first to think to it ... Otherwise, result will just be bad.

Also, here's an update over the list I published some time ago :

Turkey : is definitely a country that will come in future or at least parts of it. Because Turkey is very big and we can not connect it actually.
- The first possibilities are to reach Istanbul by Greece/Bulgaria : some work need to be done in Bulgaria ... I'm actually busy in Thessaloniki
- I will consider to add a ferry from Thessaloniki and to do Izmir. So it could be the first Turkish city. In a second time, we will relink it to Istanbul
Lebanon : I find still Lebanon an interesting idea but due to it's closed borders / war area around, it would be like an island with in first time only a connection to Cyprus ...
Israël : The road between Haifa and Ashdod (the two ports) through Tel Aviv area is indeed in consideration. It could also have a connection to Egypt via Beer Sheva. However, there remain some reserve due to potentially political sensitive situation. So it had to be considered actually as a side project.

Regards,
Platypus

MistahDave
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2016 19:05

With Israel I don't see why you couldn't add the road to Eilat. It dosen't got through any disputed territory, and it's a fun road through the desert. Eilat could also be used as a border crossing into both Egypt and Jordan, however i'm not 100% sure if these borders are fully open and functioning. I am almost confident that the Jordan one is.

Punkii
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2016 19:25

Izmir Hype :D
Nice plan, im waiting for screens :D
ProMods driver since 1.70
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198058623892]Image[/url]

samuray
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2016 19:53

MistahDave wrote:With Israel I don't see why you couldn't add the road to Eilat. It dosen't got through any disputed territory, and it's a fun road through the desert. Eilat could also be used as a border crossing into both Egypt and Jordan, however i'm not 100% sure if these borders are fully open and functioning. I am almost confident that the Jordan one is.
They both are.

Bisinus
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2016 20:16

It's cool that you consider these middle east countries, but because of the political tensions between Israel and its neighbouring countries there is no real truck traffic between Israel Egypt and Jordan. The border gates are mostly only for tourist purposes for foreigners, some border gates are only open for pedestrians,too.
So it would be very unrealistic to drive an israelian truck from Israel to Egypt.
ProMods+Rusmap 8-)
Enjoying this Experience since Promods 1.71 and Rusmap 1.4.8
Deutsch🇩🇪 English🇬🇧 עברית🇮🇱
little 🇷🇺 and 🇮🇹

MistahDave
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2016 20:22

It's also unrealistic to drive a truck to Slavbad or Iceland. So long as their is an open border and no disputed land then why not include it?!

Hadi588

26 Sep 2016 16:22

Azerbaijan should also be considered as it hosted "European" grand prix this year in Formula 1

ETS2-User
Developer

26 Sep 2016 17:07

And Australia participates in the ESC.
One thing at a time.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Noah_Lukas

26 Sep 2016 17:56

Wow, I very looking forward to see that new content ^^
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

doguka_n68

08 Oct 2016 12:36

Platypus wrote: Also, here's an update over the list I published some time ago :

Turkey : is definitely a country that will come in future or at least parts of it. Because Turkey is very big and we can not connect it actually.
- The first possibilities are to reach Istanbul by Greece/Bulgaria : some work need to be done in Bulgaria ... I'm actually busy in Thessaloniki
- I will consider to add a ferry from Thessaloniki and to do Izmir. So it could be the first Turkish city. In a second time, we will relink it to Istanbul
Lebanon : I find still Lebanon an interesting idea but due to it's closed borders / war area around, it would be like an island with in first time only a connection to Cyprus ...
Israël : The road between Haifa and Ashdod (the two ports) through Tel Aviv area is indeed in consideration. It could also have a connection to Egypt via Beer Sheva. However, there remain some reserve due to potentially political sensitive situation. So it had to be considered actually as a side project.

Regards,
Platypus
Wow! it looks like first Promods turkish city is Izmir!
waiting for screens :P
EDIT: And do you think to add Chios and Mythilini?
Last edited by LoaderSaints on 08 Oct 2016 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed excessive quote.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information