GPS road colours

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Cipus
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2016 12:22

Small question about the GPS, when choosing a destination on the map, the automatically selected route to drive turns in red colour which is absolutely normal. However on the GPS, when start driving, what's behind the car icon should turn yellow while driving (as it's already a driven road), however my GPS shows the same red road colour of the from the departure until destination. Well, not sure if this issue comes due to the ProMods or another mod, but it is quite annoying especially when you make a stopover to visit a city.
Is there any chance to correct this issue?
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

MapDrawer
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2016 15:03

That's normal..?
Main Garage: Kassel (D)
Other Garages: -
Current Truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter
Current Level: 25 (Master)

Current Journey: Warszawa (PL) - Clermont-Ferrand (F)
Currently Transporting: Coal (24t)
Current Location: Aurach (D)
Route Length: 1347 km

Polestar
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2016 15:43

If I understand your question correctly, the solution is simple: that's supposed to be.

The road color you see is not discovered or undiscovered road, it's the GPS color road. And the GPS color always goes over the normal road color. As in many racegames the GPS line disappears when you cross it, but in ETS, it doesn't. I think there's not an issue here. But then again, some screenshots would be welcome to fully examine the problem ;)
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

Cipus
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2016 16:14

Thanks for your reply, you correctly replied to my question. I understand that "it supposed to be" bu it isn't! Then I am wrong and I did not pay attention enough, I had the impression that in the past on GPS map, the road behind turns to yellow but apparently this was never present yet to ETS2. certainly it is my (bad) memory remembering perhaps my real car GPS :D
well maybe if SCS won't improve this for the next update, a smart guy will invent a mod for this which would be very useful. also a hologram GPS on the glass would be also a nice mod for the game.
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

mbman212
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2016 02:35

I remember seeing a hologram GPS mod on SCS Forums but I'm not sure.

Maybe it's there but it would be ridoculously outdated so it's better not to download that one.

I'm using this one: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=157951

That one with the GPS on top center of the screen.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Cipus
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2016 09:49

mbman212 wrote:I'm using That one with the GPS on top center of the screen.
Thank you very useful indeed. first I was scared by so many options to choose from. then I read the read me file and find it easy. I therefore selected and tested a few. the best for me is Route Advisor_KAAC_SBM_Center Top_1LTT_NF_MCB_TBB_v4.7. Unfortunately there is one big inconvenient on this mod, if you have a lot of drivers, you will see almost all the time annoying and distracting green messages on the center showing drivers incomes and other messages :evil:
is there any choice to move this text on the bottom center or right corner ? would be perfect

mbman212
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2016 08:47

I had once where they scrolled on almost at the bottom.

I will check how it's done and post the instructions here so that you can do it as well.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Cipus
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2016 13:51

[/quote]
mbman212 wrote:I had once where they scrolled on almost at the bottom.
I managed to move the green line to the bottom by modifying the coordinates in adviser.sii all perfect now! rotating map on top center, 1 line text on the top and running line at the bottom ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information