Still Unable to Save my Map

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
CallumD714
Developer

10 Aug 2016 14:03

Hello,
I am having trouble trying to save my map. I have followed the steps shown in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clLEATRsIR0
However, upon opening "europe", my changes are gone. Can anybody point out what is going wrong?

EG0611

10 Aug 2016 14:57

After you save the map by disc button on map editor, are you doing them;

> Close map editor
> Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base\map
> Delete europe.set and europe.bak files
> Cut europe folder and europe.mbd files
> Paste them in a separate folder called "map" (Prefer to place this map folder on desktop)
> ZIP "map" folder on "store" and name file "europe.scs"
> Copy paste ZIPped europe.scs to mod folder

CallumD714
Developer

10 Aug 2016 15:51

Alright, I followed your steps and it still isn't working. Is this due to the fact that I have ProMods in the "mod" file as well as my "europe.scs" file?

EG0611

10 Aug 2016 15:56

CallumD714 wrote:Alright, I followed your steps and it still isn't working. Is this due to the fact that I have ProMods in the "mod" file as well as my "europe.scs" file?
Negatif, that's how you edit promods file. Looks like map editor opens an older version of map so probably you are not deleting something or not replacing. You are deleting/cutting files on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base\map and replacin old europe.scs with new europe.scs in mod folder right?

CallumD714
Developer

10 Aug 2016 16:14

There was never a europe.scs file in the mod folder to replace; I just put mine in there. And yes, I did follow all of your steps, by making my edits, deleting the .bak and .set files, cutting the remaining two files into a new "map" folder, ZIPing the folder into a "Store" ZIP called "europe.scs", and placing it into the mod folder. Do you wish to see my game log?

EG0611

10 Aug 2016 17:49

Do you wish to see my game log?
Game logs are useful on CTDs (crash to desktop) so I guess I wont understand a thing on it.

I am out of ideas. On the other hand there are quite capable people on this forum so maybe they can help you better.

CallumD714
Developer

11 Aug 2016 12:12

OK, so I did fix this problem. The problem was that I was naming my file with a letter before p, so Promods was at the bottom. Mods at the bottom of the mod folder load last, so I changed the file name to "zzznorway.scs". This worked.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information