Map Changing

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Cheff

19 Jun 2016 16:02

i want to make a adaptation with my company on the promod, can i have the permission to give the reworked map to my drivers if i locking the map. :D

Vøytek
Developer

19 Jun 2016 16:15

As far as I know, you can modify ProMods map but your work has to depend on it. So PM files + your files are needed :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Cheff

19 Jun 2016 16:38

Sorry but my english is not really good. But can you explane me how you mean that? :)

Vøytek
Developer

19 Jun 2016 17:03

You can edit ProMods map.
If somebody will use your map, they'll need all ProMods files and your mod files.

I don't know how can I explain it more :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

LoaderSaints

19 Jun 2016 17:04

You can not redistribute the ProMods files themselves. Just give your drivers the files you have created (which need to be above the ProMods files in the Mod Manager) and tell them to download ProMods from the official download link. ;)

Cheff

19 Jun 2016 17:16

So i have already driver they use the promod and i not really like to change the hole map but only little things direct on the map.

my drivers should have the chance to use the same things like me. that's only what i want. is it now possible to give the map files to my drivers or not?

Or i understand something wrong her? so i apologise :)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 Jun 2016 17:28

You can edit the map sectors and publish it as an override addon. That is not against our rules. Just only include the sectors you've edited and you're fine ;)

Du kannst die Map bearbeiten und sie als ein Addon veröffentlichen. Suche dir nur die von dir bearbeiteten Sektoren aus, die dann als Mod nach der ProMods (darüber im Modmanager) geladen werden. Das ist nicht gegen unsere Regeln, solange das ganze von ProMods abhängig ist. ;)
Last edited by ETS2-User on 19 Jun 2016 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added german translation for better understanding
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information