DLC Arizona

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
RustyShackleford
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 21:24

yes, I read nothing good about that map. and I don't even think tsm is that terrible, except maybe 90% of Africa haha.

this news bummed me out, when they said soon after release I was expecting something this month by my definition of what soon after release would mean. 2 more months is rough, I am already pretty bored at 40,000 miles driven. I cant do more than maybe 2 or 3 trips a day before I have to stop and do something else. this rate of maps seems like its going to be worse than I expected. I thought the small scale was going to speed this up so guess I can retract that statement.

was impressed by the screens, heres a photo I took in 2010 at the same location of one of the screens. I was pretty shocked how good it looks having driven that road a lot. I recognized it immediately, and was really hoping it would be included.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 21:31

Seeing the screenshots of Arizona, enhance my feeling ATS is a 'meh' kinda game.. It still misses the 'wow'-factor.. A factor DLC Scandinavia has, and the screenshots from DLC France have too..

I'm still very, very disappointed in ATS.
I know that lots of work already have been done for this game. But even including Arizona doesn't remove my feeling of the game being a 'rush build'..
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Peterson

01 Mar 2016 21:55

Well, the desert isn't impressive even IRL... I don't understand why they began by California? I would like to drive in Rockies and in Plains... not desert.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 22:19

California has an extensive network of freeways and lots of unique landmarks that's why I understand they started there. But the big problem with that is the freeways aren't represented like their real life counterparts. LA freeways are wide and massive and don't have freaking traffic lights.

I live in the plains. And believe me the drives are extremely boring because its flat with nothing to see but endless miles/kilometers of fields full of crops in the summer. Winter time is endless miles of snow. That's what I get to look at right now and its no fun lol. If you're bored with driving the desert, the plains aren't that much better.

My wow factor with ATS is long gone. I've played around with the editor and I've stopped for now and gonna wait to see what DLC assets come with Arizona. I am now back to playing ETS2 with promods and rusmap of course.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

nikola.purisic

01 Mar 2016 22:39

Volleybal4life wrote:Seeing the screenshots of Arizona, enhance my feeling ATS is a 'meh' kinda game.. It still misses the 'wow'-factor.. A factor DLC Scandinavia has, and the screenshots from DLC France have too..

I'm still very, very disappointed in ATS.
I know that lots of work already have been done for this game. But even including Arizona doesn't remove my feeling of the game being a 'rush build'..

Maybe because it's a freaking desert with nothing interesting in it? You can't compare Arizona to Scandinavia because Arizona like Nevada has pretty big desert.

iBallasticwolf2

01 Mar 2016 23:01

I used to feel really excited about ATS but I have to agree I've lost interest in it. The game is small and rushed, and development is slow.
CPU: Intel i5-4590
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: Thermaltake 650 watt bronze
RAM: 16 GB
SSD: Western Digital 500 GB
HDD: Western DIgital 1 TB

Shiva

01 Mar 2016 23:07

ZelvaCZ wrote:
Shiva wrote:There is a map mod to ATS in the scs forums where you already can drive to Boston!
Frankly? That map is terrible. Way worse than TSM for example. No vegetation on the roads except in cities. And then, palm trees and sand in New York, really?
You can guess why I did not keep that map.
I do hope that it improves.
But seriously...
I'm waiting for a 1:19s map background from ProMods for ATS, or am I too optimistic in this case?
ZelvaCZ, I saw your ATS work. THAT is nice!

RustyShackleford wrote: was impressed by the screens, heres a photo I took in 2010 at the same location of one of the screens. I was pretty shocked how good it looks having driven that road a lot. I recognized it immediately, and was really hoping it would be included.
RustyShackleford, oh.... it is the Glen Canyon Dam, right?!
Earlier I looked and thought... hmm, that is NOT the bridge at Hoover Damn. :?

I wonder, will they release the most southern part of Utah too, with Arizona?
St George "I15 from Las Vegas to St George and Utah 9 and US-89 to Glen Canyon Dam?

I think that the current ATS scale doesn't improve speed, compared to ETS2 scale.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

RustyShackleford
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2016 00:15

yes it is glen canyon. you cant drive trucks across the hoover dam since 2001 because of the terror boogeyman. and its not a bridge there, you drive across the top of the dam.

I love the desert. its great. the plains, that's what sucks. I would be happy if when they do Kansas theres just a ferry that takes you across so you don't have to go across 400 miles of nothing.

Shiva

02 Mar 2016 01:06

Umm? Mike O'Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge at Hoover Dam.
Surroundings and the bridge itself made me wonder if SCS had made a bad job recreating Hoover Dam, but it was Glen Cayon Dam instead. And nicely done too.

Kansas and ferries? Naaah, take the good with the bad! :D
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2016 03:22

The bridge just downstream of the Hoover Dam opened to traffic in late 2010 and now if you drive across the dam it's a dead end on the Arizona side. Unfortunately my SatNav didn't know this in 2014 :evil:

Bridge from one of the Hoover Dam car parks

Hoover Dam from the middle of the bridge
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information