Planes

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
cdawg9999
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2015 15:34

Photonic wrote:I also consider FSX/P3D even more worse than train simulator in terms of add on because in FSX you will have to pay a lot of money for simple add-on's like ezdok $34.95 which costs which is way i do not play FSX often because you have too spend too much money to enhance the experience
But keep in mind how old that game engine is. You have to be thankful for companies like ORBX, fly Tampa, flightbeam, and the list goes on. They've made a 9 year old peice of software look even better with some awesome eye candy and other great addons.

But the future remains to be seen. If dovetail releases a 64 bit simulator will there be backwards compatibility with these add ons? My guess is no. But this needs to happen because to play some of these beautiful scenery airports you have to turn your setting down or you get nothing but OOM errors. It's such a limitation and rather annoying. Oh well thank god for auto save
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 02:12

Photonic wrote:I also consider FSX/P3D even more worse than train simulator in terms of add on because in FSX you will have to pay a lot of money for simple add-on's like ezdok $34.95 which costs which is way i do not play FSX often because you have too spend too much money to enhance the experience
Anyone can qualify for the Academic license for <$50. No one is asked to prove their student status. It would be pointless since anyone can sign up for a free on-line college course if necessary and thus qualify. :lol:

As for add-on content, there are literally thousands of freeware offerings for FSX/FSX:SE/P3D, so cost is not really a valid excuse. For every "payware add-on," there's a multitude of free alternatives.

Gee, over the last 30 years I've had to pay for every version of Microsoft's Flight Simulator, why should anyone be surprised that Lockheed-Martin charges for new versions of P3D? The latest version v3.0 has virtually eliminated the OOM problem for 99% of people. I expect that by v5 the platform will be 64bit.

I am of course keeping a close eye on DTG and whatever their new version will deliver. Times are getting interesting! :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 02:19

unless Dovetail beats them to it. I've seen videos on twitch with P3D v3 and still OOM errors. Bill if you have FlyTampa Toronto, try flying into that scenery area with normal to high settings and see what happens. This is enough for me to say no to that and wait for 64 bit

JetstreamF1

11 Nov 2015 00:41

Hopefully I will get FSX or the new version that DTG is making (eventually).

Headquarters: Frankfurt am Main

Current Truck: DAF XF Euro 6(<5000km)

Journey Screenshots (Old Photos are on Pages 1-5): http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8253

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:
It’s my birthday

11 Nov 2015 00:59

I saw an interview on a flight sim forum of a bunch of guys making a new flight sim from scratch and it looked pretty good

EDIT: I found their webpage http://nexgenflightsim.com/
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2015 01:11

Good to see their site back up. I tried a few days ago and it was down so I figured just another failed project. This looks promising. If prepar3D or dovetail don't come out with x64 then this is going to be the next thing. I'm sure this will take a year or maybe 2 minimum. Seems they have a decent amount of people on their development team. Very glad new things are being tried and the flight sim community is getting revived with new Sims

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2015 03:04

penguinaz wrote:I saw an interview on a flight sim forum of a bunch of guys making a new flight sim from scratch and it looked pretty good

EDIT: I found their webpage http://nexgenflightsim.com/
The Unigine platform does not yet support a "whole earth" environment, nor a "round earth" model. It will be many, many years before it reaches that point.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

gurkan6236

06 Jan 2016 20:06

Total Airports 4
Total Airlines 3
Total Aircraft type 3
Total Routes 4
Total Countries 3

Most northern airport : Höga Kusten Airport,Sweden
Most eastern airport : Arlanda Airport,Sweden
Most western airport : Frankfurt Airport,Germany
Most southern airport : Malta International Airport,Malta

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2016 08:11

Just started with P3D. Bad thing about FSX is that it is not getting updated anymore, but P3D is still under development. Microsoft Flight is good and that is a freeware simulator. I do agree the prices on the addons could have been turned down a bit.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

etzimas
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2016 09:59

Hate you guys! :D I am a sim addict, be it trains, ships, trucks, planes, U-boats...waste management, farming... :D I guess this goes like that for most of us. But I had been frankly disappointed by the lack of progress in FSX, so I had completely abandoned it and all the boxes of addons (bought new or second-hand...was a fortune). And just as I had dug it out of my storage room to give it a retry (soon as I'd find a decent stick to buy), you now show me this whole new P3D realm...a new way to spend my money. :P

Besides that, I now really need a new PC as well...damn you people!

Anyways, the memory thingie is good, but I am not sure I can manage to remember every single flight so far. Lucky me, I had the chance to fly a lot about Europe ( Nuernberg, Munich, Paris, Rome, Athens, Thessaloniki), but nothing compares with the landing in the Aegean islands in the summer. Not for me, at least. Also, I must add that I had the luck and honour to fly as passenger with a C-47 Dakota (or Skytrain), which was for me a once in a lifetime experience.
Et in Arcadia ego!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information