Cities: Skylines discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
martinusK

03 Apr 2015 19:06

I love this game. The way the game has "set you free", the diversity of the buildings, the graphics..and then there is the detail. There are wild animals running around, the game actually even gives you information about their current activity (eating, wandering etc.) and you can name the animals.
Infact you can name everything. Cars, buildings, wild animals as mentioned before...

(beware, this picture is huge)

Any opinions by you guys? :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

phlyer91
Donation rank:

03 Apr 2015 19:31

I downloaded it a few days ago and i'm also very impressed by this game. There are millions of possibilities and the graphics look really cool.
But i never played such a game before and so for me it's a bit difficult at the beginning. Do you have any advices for me? ;)

Rocar 512E

03 Apr 2015 19:35

Well i will get it in the easter if i can...

martinusK

03 Apr 2015 20:16

phlyer91 wrote:I downloaded it a few days ago and i'm also very impressed by this game. There are millions of possibilities and the graphics look really cool.
But i never played such a game before and so for me it's a bit difficult at the beginning. Do you have any advices for me? ;)
Always keep an eye on the traffic, as important services (for me, mostly garbage) can be delayed due to the vehicles getting stuck in traffic. I suggest adding roundabouts and having not too many intersections.

Make highway interchange prefabs with the asset editor, so you'll save time in the game.
For me atleast there is a huge garbage issue, mainly due to the prementioned traffic issue and also landfills getting full. You see, at the start of the game you can't have incineration plants for garbage, so you have to use landfills. Landfills however get full over time so you'll have to empty them and also take alot of space, so use incinerators more.

;)
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

XZV

03 Apr 2015 20:35

I want to buy it but I can't buy any games on steam, I keep getting this message

"Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company."
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Registration Plate: HH WB 67
Map Explored: 61.87%
Distance travelled: 68,131 km

#JeSuisCharlie

martinusK

03 Apr 2015 21:19

Maybe you haven't allowed internet purchases.. contact ur credit card company maybe?

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

03 Apr 2015 22:35

Any incorrect details? May sound silly but so easy to do ;).

phlyer91
Donation rank:

03 Apr 2015 23:09

Martinus Kundla wrote:
phlyer91 wrote:I downloaded it a few days ago and i'm also very impressed by this game. There are millions of possibilities and the graphics look really cool.
Always keep an eye on the traffic, as important services (for me, mostly garbage) can be delayed due to the vehicles getting stuck in traffic. I suggest adding roundabouts and having not too many intersections.

Make highway interchange prefabs with the asset editor, so you'll save time in the game.
For me atleast there is a huge garbage issue, mainly due to the prementioned traffic issue and also landfills getting full. You see, at the start of the game you can't have incineration plants for garbage, so you have to use landfills. Landfills however get full over time so you'll have to empty them and also take alot of space, so use incinerators more.

;)
Thank you! I will try it. ;)

XZV

04 Apr 2015 08:22

I didnt put any incorrect details because I tried more then 100 times and I have used the same card to buy ETS2 and some games..
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Registration Plate: HH WB 67
Map Explored: 61.87%
Distance travelled: 68,131 km

#JeSuisCharlie

LoaderSaints

04 Apr 2015 08:55

Hey guys. Nice to see that some other members also play the game! I have made a bunch of intersection prefabs if you are interested. I am still making more and you can even request specific interchanges if you need them. Those can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =416133908

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information