manual gearbox

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
HenryJensen

14 Sep 2019 23:58

Let me start by making something very clear : I am not a novice in the game so I know already a little.

I have 8 or 9 different profiles on my startup gamesite , so I have a little to choose from.

But I am just wondering : " Why can I only on few of those profiles enable manual gearbox ? "

I can only do range ( In Danish : række double H ) , my motorik is not able to do split because that cost an ekstra button and I am just fumbling when I try.

My opening sentence mean that I can drive manual with a few of the profiles but not the rest. WHen I try the truck is just stalling and do so some rev and make some noise but nothing happens .

This week I recive the MAN gear knob bought on amazon so the gearchanger between low and high can be done on the Gearknob and not by using a button on my SAITEK sidepanel. Those of you who are familiar with FARMSIM are proberly aware of that equipment. It gives some buttons I can use for instans up and down with speedpilot ( In Danish Fartpilot )

Kind regards and happy sunday to you all

Henry From Denmark

zyprexia

03 Oct 2019 15:07

HenryJensen wrote:
14 Sep 2019 23:58
But I am just wondering : " Why can I only on few of those profiles enable manual gearbox ? "
I can only do range ( In Danish : række double H ) , my motorik is not able to do split because that cost an ekstra button and I am just fumbling when I try.
Hi, If you want a more american split high-low gearbox, you can copy the geabox profiles from ATS to ETS2.
For instance I have copied the 'gearbox_layout_eaton_18.sii' profile to my ETS2 profile. If placed my gearbox profile into a zipfile as this forum does not allow .sii attachments. Just open the archive and copy the .sii file to your profile(s).

Personally I have the SKRS shifter for the Logitech G27 wheel. Those shifter switches (not buttons) work okay with both SCS games. (just check the 'switch button' option behind gear selector 1 & 2).
However when I go to any menu and return to the driverseat, the game has lost the button state. This is a bit annoying at times..

Hope this helps
Attachments
gearbox_layout_eaton_18.zip
(4.41 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

HenryJensen

12 Oct 2019 23:29

Thank you for the answer

Have a nice Sunday and happy trucking

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information