Help please! (Trapped in Iceland.)

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Downunda Thunda
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2019 05:38

So... I just picked up a job from Ísafjörður in Iceland, but... I'm a bit trapped. On the map, there is only one road that leads to and from that town, and that goes over a mountain with a snow-covered road. I'm currently pulling a 23 ton fuel tanker, and my truck can't make it over the mountain. It just spins it's wheels. I'm not far enough along in the career to unlock a 6x4 chasis, and I've even installed "snow" tires from the Real Tires mod by Galimim... However, I can't get any traction, and my truck comes to a complete stop. The nearest garage to where I stop is back in Ísafjörður, so I have the same problem. I can't build up any more speed, as going up hill, I'm gradually losing speed, and usually hit the snow section at around 45 Km/h. (The speed limit on the road is 80.) I've tried this several times now, and I can't get over this mountain. Anyone know of a mod that can give me more traction in the drive wheels of my truck, so that I can continue my journey?

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2019 09:13

You can try with a sequential or H-Shifter Transmission Setting, if you use automatic it may shifts up to early(when you don't have much traction) and loose all your power, but when you're shiofting Manual and shift in the high rev ranges it should be possible. Otherwise try to call emergency Service, maybe it brings you to your Destination and not back.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

CptCaribbean

27 Mar 2019 13:11

If you want to use some kind of "cheats", use console, type goto isafjordur and "fly" to the company.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Downunda Thunda
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2019 21:29

Trucker2223 wrote:
27 Mar 2019 09:13
You can try with a sequential or H-Shifter Transmission Setting, if you use automatic it may shifts up to early(when you don't have much traction) and loose all your power, but when you're shiofting Manual and shift in the high rev ranges it should be possible. Otherwise try to call emergency Service, maybe it brings you to your Destination and not back.
Thanks. Your solution helped. I had to leave it in 3rd gear. (Auto box was trying 5th.) And I also had to be persistent by releasing the throttle every time I stopped moving, and then accelerating again. Doing that would give me a short burst of workable traction, moving me forward a couple meters at a time. Calling the emergency service did bring me backwards, as the closest garage was back in Isafjörður which is where I started.
Last edited by Trucker2223 on 27 Mar 2019 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information