Broshuis Event, Kampen - Holland chat with SCS

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
BebeMischa
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2019 20:12

So, yesterday my girlfriend and i have been visiting this Broshuis event.

It's a "0pen door day" of this huge manufacturing plant of Broshuis. This company builds special transport trailers.
You can see their products here: https://www.broshuis.com/home.html

It was a huge event, many people were walking around the fabric. If you followed a route given on a flyer, you could build yourself a miniature trailer-ballpen holder by visiting many machines like laser steel cutters, CNC drillers and so on. Bending the metal your self, finding the right screws and more. Nice activity for children too.

Many other companies were also presenting their products and we have seen about 80 different special transport combinations from bridge parts transport to military specials.

We realy enjoyed every moment, even more, when we found out, that al food and drinks were given for free.

But, the very reason to go there was the stand of SCS software. As i'm a born Czech living in Holland, i wanted to talk to the crew of SCS a bit. It's also nice for them to see someone talking their language in a middle of the dutch nowhere :-).

So i have some bits of news for you guys too.

First, of course, i tryed to get an answer for the question, everybody wants to know: What will be the next step in DLC's after Baltic?
The answer is still remaining a puzzle. Even for SCS. They said: Balkan and Spain are both reaching the point of being finished. We don't know, which of the two teams will finish earlier. So it's a kind of race and the winner could be one of both.
So guys, still not a straight answer, but a hint at least.

I also had dicussion about the graphic and processor behaviour within the game. As i have a very strong system and still i'm not getting the FPS i would like to see inside bigger cities, we had a chat about this. Actualy the SCS guys were a bit surprised, so we will continue this chat on mail later, as they asked me to provide more specific data on this. All i see now is 100 % usage of one core on my i7-9700K and so there is the bottleneck.
Anyway, also here they told me, that there is a capacity increase on the team for optimization and they are awaiting more results from this team very soon.
Also an answer over the difference in FPS between ATS and ETS was presented. It mostly is affected by the skyboxes. Their are much more demanding in ETS, as the US is more narrow and wide terrain. In Oregon the difference is less already, because the forests.

For the ones, who are awaiting new trucks in the game i have good news too.
I understood, that there is a new guy employed, who does al the licensing stuf, and he does a very good job and the result of his work we will see also very soon.

So, why were they asked to come to Broshuis actually? Well, because Broshuis likes to get their trailers in the game, of course. So lets hope, there is a start of next good cooperation. I cant wait to see these very special things in the game...

I realy enjoyed my short stay at the SCS stand with this very friendly people and also wan't to thank for the extraordinary big pack of SCS goodies i've got, for being a ETS driver for more than a milion kilometers. :-)

After the Truckstar event in Assen this was my second meet with SCS and always their are very very friendly and social. I hope to see them again soon.

Happy trucking...
Volvo FH16 classic 6x4, RJL Scania T 730 Hp 8x4/4, and more...
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=71603
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bebemischa/
i7 9700k, 32 GB, 2xMSI 1070Ti SLi, m.2 SSD 2 TB, 3x24" 1080p, T500RS wheel + shifter with Eaton Fuller knobs
ETS2, Promods, RusMap, Southern region, Great Steppe, all Jazzycat's
Speak NL, CZ, SK, D, GB

JohnBart
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2019 22:02

Great news, thanks for sharing these!
there is a capacity increase on the team for optimization and they are awaiting more results from this team very soon.
Did you by chance ask if this team is the same one that's working on DirectX 11 adaptation?
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Rebeldawg

14 Jan 2019 08:07

*SNIP*

There was a mention about your post over on Reddit where some of the guys from SCS replied to the post and said that the info you mentioned was inaccurate (lies) and shouldn't be believed. If you're interested I will provide a link below as proof of what they said.

USSR

14 Jan 2019 09:04

BebeMischa wrote:
13 Jan 2019 20:12
So, yesterday my girlfriend and i have been visiting this Broshuis event.

It's a "0pen door day" of this huge manufacturing plant of Broshuis. This company builds special transport trailers.
You can see their products here: https://www.broshuis.com/home.html

It was a huge event, many people were walking around the fabric. If you followed a route given on a flyer, you could build yourself a miniature trailer-ballpen holder by visiting many machines like laser steel cutters, CNC drillers and so on. Bending the metal your self, finding the right screws and more. Nice activity for children too.

Many other companies were also presenting their products and we have seen about 80 different special transport combinations from bridge parts transport to military specials.

We realy enjoyed every moment, even more, when we found out, that al food and drinks were given for free.

But, the very reason to go there was the stand of SCS software. As i'm a born Czech living in Holland, i wanted to talk to the crew of SCS a bit. It's also nice for them to see someone talking their language in a middle of the dutch nowhere :-).

So i have some bits of news for you guys too.

First, of course, i tryed to get an answer for the question, everybody wants to know: What will be the next step in DLC's after Baltic?
The answer is still remaining a puzzle. Even for SCS. They said: Balkan and Spain are both reaching the point of being finished. We don't know, which of the two teams will finish earlier. So it's a kind of race and the winner could be one of both.
So guys, still not a straight answer, but a hint at least.

I also had dicussion about the graphic and processor behaviour within the game. As i have a very strong system and still i'm not getting the FPS i would like to see inside bigger cities, we had a chat about this. Actualy the SCS guys were a bit surprised, so we will continue this chat on mail later, as they asked me to provide more specific data on this. All i see now is 100 % usage of one core on my i7-9700K and so there is the bottleneck.
Anyway, also here they told me, that there is a capacity increase on the team for optimization and they are awaiting more results from this team very soon.
Also an answer over the difference in FPS between ATS and ETS was presented. It mostly is affected by the skyboxes. Their are much more demanding in ETS, as the US is more narrow and wide terrain. In Oregon the difference is less already, because the forests.

For the ones, who are awaiting new trucks in the game i have good news too.
I understood, that there is a new guy employed, who does al the licensing stuf, and he does a very good job and the result of his work we will see also very soon.

So, why were they asked to come to Broshuis actually? Well, because Broshuis likes to get their trailers in the game, of course. So lets hope, there is a start of next good cooperation. I cant wait to see these very special things in the game...

I realy enjoyed my short stay at the SCS stand with this very friendly people and also wan't to thank for the extraordinary big pack of SCS goodies i've got, for being a ETS driver for more than a milion kilometers. :-)

After the Truckstar event in Assen this was my second meet with SCS and always their are very very friendly and social. I hope to see them again soon.

Happy trucking...
Are you sure that both are close to finish? That doesn't make sense. If so, they worked together on 3 expansion last year at the same time, excluding Germany. I'm pretty sure that the Balkans have a majority done but SCS said that the Iberia would not come this year, multiple times so I'm that its not true.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

14 Jan 2019 10:47

I don't know who you spoke about this, or you may have interpreted it incorrectly, but the information you've shared is inaccurate, especially on the first point. Don't take this info as the word of God, you may be disappointed. Let me remind you that SCS has not posted anything on any of their channels about either speculated DLC yet. Draw your own conclusions from that...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

BebeMischa
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2019 12:15

Well, what i have written above is just, what i did understand. It of course can have undergone some misinterpretation. If that happenned, I'm very sorry for that.
I'm sure, next time i will keep such news for myself. Lesson learned.
Volvo FH16 classic 6x4, RJL Scania T 730 Hp 8x4/4, and more...
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=71603
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bebemischa/
i7 9700k, 32 GB, 2xMSI 1070Ti SLi, m.2 SSD 2 TB, 3x24" 1080p, T500RS wheel + shifter with Eaton Fuller knobs
ETS2, Promods, RusMap, Southern region, Great Steppe, all Jazzycat's
Speak NL, CZ, SK, D, GB

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information