What do you prefer right now: old countries being rebuilt or new countries being developed?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)

Should old countries be rebuilt or new countries be developed?

Rebuild old countries
8%
Develop new countries
12%
Both develop new countries and rebuild old
80%

Total votes: 60
NewCoolMapper

09 Sep 2018 16:24

Title :) . I think there are many countries that should be added and rebuilding others should not be a priority. Every country in Europe deserves to be in ETS 2 and I think there should not be countries that are more important and have to be rebuilt.

Many countries are still not in ETS 2 and they are countries that I would love to see, mainly my hometown. Likely someone is already developing it, and there is a released version out there, but the only version available doesn’t have much quality.

What are your opinions on this?
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 10 Sep 2018 11:46, edited 2 times in total.
Lead developer of the project of Portugal 1:8 Image

tmdgusdl9647

09 Sep 2018 16:39

I think rebuilding old cities should be the first priority. SCS is releasing a new DLC by the year and promods-regions are deleting and deleting. I THINK this is really low-efficiency. But of course this is not an offense!

EdgeGladiator

09 Sep 2018 17:20

I think we need to have a 50/50 opinion with rebuilding and adding. Yes rebuild is cool and very important (Like London, Germany, Austria ...) but the addition is also very important. It's not because SCS adds DLCs that it's not necessary to added (it would need at least 8 DLCs for SCS to do all the area in Europe, and I do not even speak of countries like Spain that are much more difficult to do and to complete and that old DLCs become totally obsolete, so better to add now and then keep if that is still good.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

dkokales
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2018 18:09

I agree with the 50/50 approach. I'm just as interested in seeing old areas updated as in seeing new areas added. One thing I would like to see, is some of the companies eliminated in Poland. I still seem to get more jobs to Poland than one would expect given it's size/population.

ScuL
Founder

10 Sep 2018 04:09

It should be balanced between the two
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

AoiWithAStar

10 Sep 2018 11:31

I think it should be a bit of both as well. The Vanilla map + Going East is very very bad. The way SCS is rebuilding the vanilla map gives a lot more for modders to do still and they in turn gain high quality assets to use. I'm excited to see what Promods will do with Germany's new assets.

Otherwise new DLC areas are very important too. SCS, especially since the Italy DLC, has proven they can map out at a higher quality than any modder could. And all of the new assets they add with DLC are very valuable for modders and in turn they can do far higher quality work themselves.

It's unfortunate when situations like France emerge but it's for the better in my opinion.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2018 11:44

I miss the option, 50/50.

Edit:
Not anymore.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

PirriAND

10 Sep 2018 12:01

For the next update i think you guys should rebuild many cities and towns (Especially places like Moldova and others), and then give us a small treat like creating Monaco and San Marino. Small countries that will take not a lot of time to build in comparision to others, and that will make us happy.

realdeal350
Developer

10 Sep 2018 12:37

I want to expand but I think major cities and roads should still be rebuilt
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

EdgeGladiator

10 Sep 2018 17:45

AoiWithAStar wrote:
10 Sep 2018 11:31
SCS, especially since the Italy DLC, has proven they can map out at a higher quality than any modder could.
You exaggerate. The DLC is excellent but it's very far from being the best cartography of history ... and I do not speak about France
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information