Do we need an AI update?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
ottdog
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2018 22:34

Hey guys. After this crash occurred in my game the other day, I was wondering if we needed an AI update to the game. Even before I modded my game, I noticed that after exiting tool booths AI would love to try to merge into my truck and give me a crashed vehicle offence. AI traffic would also slow down and stop while I wait to merge on the highway. I don't know if stopping for a truck waiting to merge is a European thing (as I have lived in North America my whole life), but it also occurs in American Truck Simulator. In America, that move is specifically advised against in all materials for new drivers.

I've also noticed that the AI isn't the best at crash resolution. In both games, I noticed that the AI likes to stop for a few seconds, then move. This has lead to situations where an AI car would back up after crashing with an AI truck and start moving, only to crash again and pause for another few seconds before repeating. I had to wait outside the port in Oakland for a good five minutes once watching the AI do this exact thing (sadly, I don't have it on video like this crash).

I think the game needs an AI update, at least so vehicles will obey right of way. If drivers in real life drove the way some of the AI drives in both the truck simulator games, they'd certainly be at the receiving end of an endless barrage of lewd gestures here in New York.
Last edited by tkk7406 on 17 Jul 2018 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the YouTube tag

realmadrid1902

16 Jul 2018 22:58

I don't know but I don't have that in my game. Download a traffic mod it should fix this problem
ProMods user since: 2.15.
PC specs: I don't like to say them.
Langauges: a bit FR Image , EN Image and AR. Busy with School!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information