Question for tool regarding tracking FPS

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
tomsun66
Donation rank:

29 May 2018 20:12

Finding out how the FPS behave an idea arise about a kind of tool that tracks the fps in accordance to position and direction (coordinates, vector, FPS).

As i was driving around the 2.27 i recognized, a for me completely new, dead area near Mt St Michel on my way from Paluel to Roscoff on the motorway the FPS suddenly dropped from above 60 to low 20, never recognized that bevor. So the idea arise, is there such tool in productive use at SCS so they can figure out problem areas? My programming skills are bad, so no way to try it myself, i'm also not sure if the gameengine is able to provide the data so you can track it.
Far idea is to have map which is colorized in green, yellow an red according to the fps. At the Moment i would have 3 red areas (Barcelona, Zagreb and near Mt St Michel) do you have additional areas for red marking
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, gigabyte 1080ti, 32 GB, 3440*1440 Resolution, Logitech G25

ScuL
Founder

30 May 2018 03:51

g_minicon 1
g_fps 1
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

tomsun66
Donation rank:

30 May 2018 11:14

Yes Scul i know that (i think so) i have already displayed FPS (twice inside ETS2/ATS and MSI Afterburner where i can also see the load on GPU and CPU).

i was thinking about a tool that tracks the data so you can have an examination afterwards and to mark FPS drops on the map (at the end a real big amount of FPS data with coordinates, that you can match with the map)

For example there are great Googlemaps samples showing which town is from what publisher SCS Base, SCS DLC, PM, RM), but which roads are from PM for example? Easy if there was no SCS Road, but if Parts of the SCS roadnet are replaced by PM which are they? Sometimes perhaps only assets along the road are changed/added by PM without touching the roadnet itself but perhaps having an impact on the FPS.

Im fully satisfied having FPS in the area 60-50, and also have no problem if in town the FPS are in an area of 40-30, that has not really a big impact on drivability, but below 30 it is really annoying and below 20 nearly not drivable. The solution is not to reduce Graphicsettings to the minimum, but avoid those areas (as nice as they are), and to claim these areas ( as even Highend rigs have the same problem). As they problem significantly occurs in PM areas and not so much in SCS Areas (there are also areas of big fps drops) it is mainly a PM issue (despite the everlasting discussion about the SCS Game-engine, where i still hope we will see any advance)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, gigabyte 1080ti, 32 GB, 3440*1440 Resolution, Logitech G25

ScuL
Founder

01 Jun 2018 05:13

Our developers place way more detail than SCS does, particularly in rebuilt cities. Therefore performance will always be worse than in the vanilla game. But if areas are truly problematic then we can definitely look at fixing them, if reported properly.

Barcelona always used to be a hotspot but that area is working fairly well now.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information