US Business Routes

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
CptCaribbean

11 Nov 2017 12:50

I'd like to ask for what are used those business routes in the USA which its signage is green and has exactly the same aspect as a normal interstate or a U.S. Route. I mean, I obviously know that they are using for driving but i.e. in ATS the I40 has many times on its side this Business route 40.

Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Tanksome
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2017 14:12

Business loops of any kind goes splits away from the main route and goes into downtown of a city, while the main route goes around the city
like here https://www.google.com/maps/@35.5118125 ... ,14z?hl=en

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2017 19:07

Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Callipso
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2017 02:00

Business routes are just another pathway of the interstate that passes through a town center. though I image that its more a way to give freight traffic a heads up and go through a busy town center and avoid this road, unless you want to be late waiting at a number of intersections.

cdworjan

07 Dec 2017 12:29

Business Routes are roads which are intended for local traffic (ie, business traffic) rather than thru traffic. They aren't built to interstate standards and could have at grade intersections. They may or may not even have center medians.

Typically the "Business Routes" in the US have historical origins. The original highways that sprung up across the country went through the towns and cities straight through the downtown business districts. When the interstate highway system came into being, it prohibited at grade intersections and so they were built to skirt around the towns they served (or at least were routed to the periphery of town). This meant that the old roads that ran through downtown were no longer part of the system. So to recognize their importance for commercial traffic serving those areas, they were designated as Business Routes. They really aren't that common, and in many places, those Business Routes are known by the street name(s) they are routed on.

ShirBlackspots
Donation rank:

07 Dec 2017 23:30

ATS New Mexico has some business routes in Tucumcari and Albuquerque. Also:
Something I've worked on for Coast to Coast:

It was later changed to a proper exit

CptCaribbean

08 Dec 2017 16:00

Nice work there.

Thanks to you all btw
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information