Very rude message of Promods

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
a3kp

06 Sep 2017 19:40

You've sent too many requests to this server over a short time. A likely reason for this is because you are either using a download accelerator when we've told you not to, trying to be greedy with the free download wrecking it for others in the process or you're up to no good. Go take a break, you're blocked from attempting any further downloads from our free servers for at-least a few hours.

Don' t understand why i get this message.It's a very rude message to.
In my opinion i dont have a download accellerator as you mention.
The only struggle i had was with the popup add,that would work not very well,so i have to do the action to download sometimes 2 or 3 times over before i get one part of the download.
So i find this reaction of Promods very bad.
You can put a warning for overdownload as you did in earliër versions of the Promods free downloads.
I cant see on my tablet if i overdownload.
The reason why i use always the free download is simple.
When i take the pay version i have to start the bankapp for a few dollarcents.
Why do you not have a SMS function to pay this less money,its much easier for many people who dont have a smartphone or something.
Sorry to say that this is not the way how to go with costumers.

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 20:33

I also had some interrupted downloads, likely due to server overload, and ran into this message also. Obviously the free download is what it is, if I got to wait a spell to resume the download then fine, but come on guys, life's too harsh to throw negativity around so lightly. The wording could be more professional and reflect the ease of false positives (unless trying to finish a single download is unjustifiably greedy).
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 22:35

Sorry it wasn't intended to be rude but I have updated the wording of this as I do see what you mean.

Your IP was given 2 warnings not to refresh or attempt another download and this was ignored. Next time when you attempt a download (after the block is lifted) and you get the https://promods.net/limit.html page please ensure you read it - don't attempt to queue up as many downloads as you can because this does cause excess load on our servers and also we've already told you at the start they're limited (for good reason).

Sorry I have no way of unblocking your IP either. I do also understand the harsh nature of this but there was a few people that wrecked it for everyone else showing that they were able to start more downloads than we normally allow. After viewing the logs I saw that there was a bunch of people causing excessive load on our servers by refreshing until they get another download slot.

The change was unfortunately necessary to keep the load of our servers as low as possible while serving as many downloads as we can with the resources we've got. Normally if you get the blocked page you'll be able to complete your downloads but there is some cases where the blocked page will drop your downloads too (if the rate limiter detects excessive refreshes or load from an IP). I've made sure to warn the user before this happens.
Promods Server Administrator

Izargon

07 Sep 2017 03:09

Hmm, I havent had this myself... I tend to do one at a time, but I queue the initial screens up then I can go do something else... Just do every file seperately... Although, having the file to download come up in a popup when I normally have popups blocked is a bit annoying.... but yeah...

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 03:55

Izargon wrote:
07 Sep 2017 03:09
Hmm, I havent had this myself... I tend to do one at a time, but I queue the initial screens up then I can go do something else... Just do every file seperately... Although, having the file to download come up in a popup when I normally have popups blocked is a bit annoying.... but yeah...
adf.ly will try different methods to display an ad and some even get around ad blockers. Just ignore it :)
Promods Server Administrator

jimortality
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 11:05

Or you could just pay a dollar or £.0.80 pence in my case and not have any issues 😊

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 12:17

It was €0,88 for me, that doesn't really hurt....
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information