Good PC

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
janey

26 Nov 2017 09:26

I am using a MSI GL62M 7RE-407. It is already 1 years old but it serves me well for everyday work. Every day I am using Krita, Photoshop and 3d software for many hours, and without issues. it cost me 900$, so I guess you will be able to find something similar and probably more advanced nowadays.
But I would say, only buy a laptop if you absolutely need the mobility. Hope that helps, good luck! ;) ;) ;)

BenjaBrim
Donation rank:

11 Dec 2017 11:58

If you want a decent PC, try building it yourself if you can. Look for used parts of eBay, Gumtree or whatever, compare their performance to the price it's at on YouTube or another website.
A decent ETS2, on a budget, would probably be Pentium G4560, or a 4th gen i3, maybe less if you need to, such as 3rd gen i3/i5 if you really need a budget.
For gpu, probably a GT 1030, or a GTX 750/750ti, as they would be ideal for it. If you want cheaper, go for an older used card, such as a HD 7950, or a GTX 660, as they normally go around pretty cheap.
Storage whatever satisfy your needs, not an SSD really if you have a budget.
Ram 8gb, if you want to use mods like Promods, it'll be DDR3 with the cpu's I've listed, apart from the G4560 , as that can take both DDR3 and DDR4.
Motherboard would be for whatever socket the cpu takes. Pentium G4560 takes Intel LGA 1151, and 4th gen i3's take LGA 1150, 3rd gen take LGA 1155.
For case, go with one that'll fit your motherboard, Mini/micro ITX/ITX or Mini/micro ATX or ATX.
Peripherals are whatever suit you, mouse, speakers, monitor/TV, whatever you deem suitable for you, but as you're on a budget, don't go out buying an expensive keyboard and mouse.

If you were to have a build with an i3 3220 (third gen i3), a gtx 660, 500gb hard drive, 8gb DDR3 ram and a cheap case, it would come to around £140 give or take, which is 1181.82 krones, at the time of writing this.
The only issue is having to wait for the good deals, so you can build it. But the hardware that I have listed uis normally quite cheap, and would run ETS2 at ultra 1080p with around 60fps. Introducing promods and other map mods might force you to reduce the settings down to around high-medium to see the same framerate roughly, but it'll still go down to around 30-40fps in cities, as there is more models to render in.
If you have any more questions, feel free.

(I've said to go used and build it yourself because buying a PC pre built normally comes with a fair few extra build charges and what not, and you could find better deals when buying used hardware).

phlyer91
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2017 22:24

Hello,

I'm actually looking for a good "normal´´ gaming pc which should be small (because I want to play on my tv) and which will be able to play ETS2, Promods and RusMap on 400% scaling and high settings.
Do you think this computer could do it?:

https://www.mifcom.de/gaming-slim-pc-co ... 6gb-id4966

Or maybe a better graphic card?

Thanks for any help and replys! ;)

bmwGTR

15 Dec 2017 07:48

Hi,

I would not buy a complete gaming pc, I would buy all components seperate and build the PC on my own - so you can easily change the components and save money.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2017 08:43

And many prebuilt PCs are just garbage. Most times they have strong CPUs but weak Graphics cards or vice verca.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Courtax
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2017 12:31

Salut,

Hello,

All is said, a pc mounted be even is the best thing to do.
you can get an idea of the material here PC System Analysis for Euro Truck Simulator 2
I have a 4th gen pc I5 4690k on LGA 1150 + GTX 670 + 8g drr all overclock with an SSD, I turn 30/50 fps all the graphics up to 300%. e, 1920/1200 16/10.
do not forget the choice of the screen which is important according to the graphic resolution, for the choice of the graphic card.
TheRealRqst wrote:
If you want a decent PC, try building it yourself if you can. Look for used parts of eBay, Gumtree or whatever, compare their performance to the price it's at on YouTube or another website.
A decent ETS2, on a budget, would probably be Pentium G4560, or a 4th gen i3, maybe less if you need to, such as 3rd gen i3/i5 if you really need a budget.
For gpu, probably a GT 1030, or a GTX 750/750ti, as they would be ideal for it. If you want cheaper, go for an older used card, such as a HD 7950, or a GTX 660, as they normally go around pretty cheap.
Ram 8gb, if you want to use mods like Promods, it'll be DDR3 with the cpu's I've listed, apart from the G4560 , as that can take both DDR3 and DDR4.
Motherboard would be for whatever socket the cpu takes. Pentium G4560 takes Intel LGA 1151, and 4th gen i3's take LGA 1150, 3rd gen take LGA 1155.
For case, go with one that'll fit your motherboard, Mini/micro ITX/ITX or Mini/micro ATX or ATX.
Peripherals are whatever suit you, mouse, speakers, monitor/TV, whatever you deem suitable for you, but as you're on a budget, don't go out buying an expensive keyboard and mouse.

If you were to have a build with an i3 3220 (third gen i3), a gtx 660, 500gb hard drive, 8gb DDR3 ram and a cheap case, it would come to around £140 give or take, which is 1181.82 krones, at the time of writing this.
The only issue is having to wait for the good deals, so you can build it. But the hardware that I have listed uis normally quite cheap, and would run ETS2 at ultra 1080p with around 60fps. Introducing promods and other map mods might force you to reduce the settings down to around high-medium to see the same framerate roughly, but it'll still go down to around 30-40fps in cities, as there is more models to render in.

(I've said to go used and build it yourself because buying a PC pre built normally comes with a fair few extra build charges and what not, and you could find better deals when buying used hardware).
Promod|Southern Region|Great Steppe|Rusmap
Project Next-Gen Graphic|AI Traffic Jazzycat|Real Traffic Density and Ratio & engine sound
Steam Workshop

BenjaBrim
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2017 17:43

Like bmwGTR said, building a PC by itself, not prebuilt, is the best route to take. Companies charge build costs, and need to make a profit, so you'll end up paying £100-£175 too much, or around that price range.

You can look for small form factor cases online, but you'll need to get a small form factor power supply, small form factor Motherboard (Either Mini ATX or Mini ITX), small form factor graphics card, which the 1060 can be, and a low profile fan + smaller size fans, maybe 80cm ones.

The specs would be alright, but it's better if you turn down the scaling, unless you're using a 60" TV or something. Scaling, as GeForce Experience says it, is:
"Uses Supersampling Antialiasing to smooth the appearance of aliased edges and to dramatically increase detail by rendering the game's graphics at a higher resolution., which is then displayed at the player's screen resolution. For example, 200% scaling at 1920x1080 renders the game on the graphics card at 3840x2160, before scaling the result back down to 1920x1080, creating a significantly more detailed image almost entirely free of aliasing."

Ask me any questions if need be, but quote me or I might not get back to you.
phlyer91 wrote:
Hello,

I'm actually looking for a good "normal´´ gaming pc which should be small (because I want to play on my tv) and which will be able to play ETS2, Promods and RusMap on 400% scaling and high settings.

BenjaBrim
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2017 17:51

Courtax wrote:
15 Dec 2017 12:31
Salut,

Hello,

All is said, a pc mounted be even is the best thing to do.
you can get an idea of the material here PC System Analysis for Euro Truck Simulator 2
I have a 4th gen pc I5 4690k on LGA 1150 + GTX 670 + 8g drr all overclock with an SSD, I turn 30/50 fps all the graphics up to 300%. e, 1920/1200 16/10.
do not forget the choice of the screen which is important according to the graphic resolution, for the choice of the graphic card.
TheRealRqst wrote:

I can run the game at 1842x1028, medium to high settings, 75% scaling with between 25-70fps, with a phenom ii x6 1090t, 8gb DDR2 800MHz ram and a gigabyte gtx 960 2gb oc. My settings are:
1.PNG
1.PNG (37.45 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (40.3 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
3.PNG
3.PNG (9.16 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
Windows 10 takes it's time to boot, probably about 5m until it feels quick enough overall, about 2-3m to get to sign in page. New fall creators update made it faster though.

But you don't need any high end PC parts to enjoy the game properly

phlyer91
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2017 15:13

TheRealRqst wrote:
16 Dec 2017 17:43
Like bmwGTR said, building a PC by itself, not prebuilt, is the best route to take. Companies charge build costs, and need to make a profit, so you'll end up paying £100-£175 too much, or around that price range.

You can look for small form factor cases online, but you'll need to get a small form factor power supply, small form factor Motherboard (Either Mini ATX or Mini ITX), small form factor graphics card, which the 1060 can be, and a low profile fan + smaller size fans, maybe 80cm ones.

The specs would be alright, but it's better if you turn down the scaling, unless you're using a 60" TV or something. Scaling, as GeForce Experience says it, is:
"Uses Supersampling Antialiasing to smooth the appearance of aliased edges and to dramatically increase detail by rendering the game's graphics at a higher resolution., which is then displayed at the player's screen resolution. For example, 200% scaling at 1920x1080 renders the game on the graphics card at 3840x2160, before scaling the result back down to 1920x1080, creating a significantly more detailed image almost entirely free of aliasing."

Ask me any questions if need be, but quote me or I might not get back to you.
phlyer91 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your help! The problem is, that I'm not good in building a computer. :?
I have a 65' 4K TV. Which computer would be the best for me to play ETS2 on this TV. It has to be a mini pc and how does Full HD game look on this TV? ;)
Any ideas?

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2017 20:30

It's not hard to build a computer. The parts will only fit where they belong. So you can't do anything wrong. I did it myself 2 years ago for the first time and it wasn't that hard.
Image if you can do this, you can build a computer.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information