Current Server State

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
pixza.yaoita
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2016 17:33

Hello and welcome michaelmurfy!!
you guys are really professional and taking this as a serious business, just like how "ProMods" this name presents ;)
also, glad see that the forum adapted to fairly newer techs, the site now works more responsive now.

some off-topic: you really can try out the game and this mod, the mod itself is the key how this forum turns so big :lol:
Driver Lv.49
Drive distance: 156,975 km
Map discovered: 51.81% (pre-2.00) --> 74.40%

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197976553449]Image[/url]
a pizza can talk, move and play games. no, don't expect more from this thing. :P

Rocar 512E

28 Dec 2016 20:28

well... i cant remember my password... help :(

ETS2-User
Developer

28 Dec 2016 20:59

So you'll have to reset it.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2016 00:16

elitegamer0611 wrote:It might be a little off topic but who else besides me wonders why this incident happened? Why someone targeted Promods? What they wanted? It was because of some jealous ETS2 players or more professional hack team who locks servers and request payment for activation key?
The old server ran Plesk and got to the point it was quite outdated in some parts. All it takes is a single exploit then you've owned the server. Since several aspects of Plesk runs as root it can make it quite insecure. I've got a full image of the drive so should be able to fire it up and recover the logs from single user mode so we'll wait and see :)

It seems it was a drive-by hack but with the DDOS that happened on the 26th of December we're simply not sure anymore (unless if the DDOS was done by somebody else) however have all the firewall logs from the day of the DDOS from both my provider and my servers - it is just quite a bit of data to analyse.
Promods Server Administrator

TheRayLV

29 Dec 2016 18:35

I'll stick to my old pass since nothing is stolen. Don't want to forget new password :D

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2016 22:49

TheRayLV wrote:I'll stick to my old pass since nothing is stolen. Don't want to forget new password :D
Sounds like you need to start using a password manager like LastPass or 1Password along with 2FA :)

Zulnex
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2016 04:55

Thank you very much for your hard and excellent work michaelmurfy.

Callipso
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2016 05:17

Well, its nice to see that security is getting the attention it deserves. The internet gets more dangerous the more outdated things are, seems these shades wandering around the net bent on destruction and havoc can cause a world of hurt if things aren't secured in an environment that is at least decently fortified these days.

FELICE
Donation rank:

31 Dec 2016 09:21

Hello and welcome

i am a very new member to promods and i was Like you I did not know the site before BUT ETS2 ( the game ) brought me here and i am happy

But i have a small concern about security , I was one of the last people who downloaded PROMODS map and addon and I created a new paypall account to pay my Respects to all who worked on this map

MY Concern is , Will any thing effect my paypal account ? Because i have used my bank account information Since the credit card did not go through ( i dont know why )

I do have all my email confirmations and so on

waiting for your reply and thank you :?:
Your Best Friend Should Be A Back up Software

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

31 Dec 2016 10:06

@Felece PayPal is totally seperate. There is generally nothing for end users to be worried about (in regards to the server compromise) as the damage was just aimed at a couple of sites it was hosting but we store nothing that could compromise your PayPal account.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information