SCS Blog

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Noah_Lukas

08 Jun 2018 21:05

Tbh I'm supporting the same view as brainiac's. You have the option to drive in Iberian Peninsula already. Sometimes I can't understand humans ... well you cannot please all of the people. ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

CptCaribbean

08 Jun 2018 21:47

We can't discuss about details in ProMods Spain because it's simply unbeatable and at some points even better than the own SCS, but I think a Iberia peninsula DLC is a "great" addition to ProMods because e.g. if we want to drive to Sevilla we won't be able to do it because it isn't there. Professionalism is the most important point and there is no need to rush a work (not facing that direction, just let me explain ;) ). But if SCS does Iberia, PM devs will be able to work in any possible point from Spain, Portugal (which isn't created yet) or create Gibraltar, Ceuta, Melilla, Canary islands, etc. than if they were doing it by their own. The PM work will be merged like on any other DLC and it doesn't worry me the fact of any beautiful landscape disappearing just because of a new DLC. C'mon, we've just seen an example of that. Italy in PM was very tiny and the development was halted. Italia DLC brang the possibility for them to add Malta (maybe) or a ferry in Bari to Greece.

For now as you know, BBS DLC is getting released and this isn't helping a lot to PM (and RusMap.) They will only get new assets and customs, that's all. This DLC isn't going to expand anything, just replacing assets and moving the road connection between PM and RusMap.

All in all, what I want you to know is that Iberia peninsula and Balkan area are the unique DLCs that would help PM to expand much more faster. That's my point of view.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

brainiac
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2018 00:22

In that case all Promods' work will replace SCS work, no merge (Ivan).
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

PirriAND

09 Jun 2018 03:57

All of this fuzz for DLC and SCS future DLC's and no one takes the time to appreciate that in the and, the whole earth will be destroyed by aliens.

Noah_Lukas

09 Jun 2018 08:36

brainiac wrote:
:arrow:
CptCaribbean wrote:
The PM work will be merged like on any other DLC and it doesn't worry me the fact of any beautiful landscape disappearing just because of a new DLC
;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Shiva

09 Jun 2018 10:08

CptCaribbean wrote:
For now as you know, BBS DLC is getting released and this isn't helping a lot to PM (and RusMap.) They will only get new assets and customs, that's all. This DLC isn't going to expand anything, just replacing assets and moving the road connection between PM and RusMap.
Possible bufferzone, maybe eliminating some of the overlapping sectors for both maps. That is a win.
brainiac wrote:
I would prefer to have the best of both. Even if it would roll over some nice ProMods stuff.
It is always possible to add stuff to a DLC.
PirriAND wrote:
09 Jun 2018 03:57
All of this fuzz for DLC and SCS future DLC's and no one takes the time to appreciate that in the and, the whole earth will be destroyed by aliens.
Sadly we do not need aliens for that. Humans are quite good at it, sadly.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EdgeGladiator

09 Jun 2018 10:28

CptCaribbean wrote:
We can't discuss about details in ProMods Spain because it's simply unbeatable and at some points even better than the own SCS, but I think a Iberia peninsula DLC is a "great" addition to ProMods because e.g. if we want to drive to Sevilla we won't be able to do it because it isn't there. Professionalism is the most important point and there is no need to rush a work (not facing that direction, just let me explain ;) ). But if SCS does Iberia, PM devs will be able to work in any possible point from Spain, Portugal (which isn't created yet) or create Gibraltar, Ceuta, Melilla, Canary islands, etc. than if they were doing it by their own. The PM work will be merged like on any other DLC and it doesn't worry me the fact of any beautiful landscape disappearing just because of a new DLC. C'mon, we've just seen an example of that. Italy in PM was very tiny and the development was halted. Italia DLC brang the possibility for them to add Malta (maybe) or a ferry in Bari to Greece.

All in all, what I want you to know is that Iberia peninsula and Balkan area are the unique DLCs that would help PM to expand much more faster. That's my point of view.
I share your point of view on the fact that it would be good to have a dlc to develop then the Canary Islands, Gibraltar etc. but you call back that as usual, the work will be merge but it never has was made because developers stop of developed over there (doubtless because of the DLC) and they give priority to of something else as this country is completed. It remains to see if the dlc will be good (I think) but in the level of Promods, no.
There is only some place for Barcelona who must be replaced but the rest not, but to see if it is réelement better. In any case, I prefer 1000 times the Iberian Peninsula where the Baltic countries in DLC.
Noah_Lukas wrote:
08 Jun 2018 21:05
Tbh I'm supporting the same view as brainiac's. You have the option to drive in Iberian Peninsula already. Sometimes I can't understand humans ... well you cannot please all of the people. ;)
With what is made, he should I think of driving on this map but they can be a little frustrated to have no everything.

What is on, it is that this development will set a great deal of time in view of the work to be made (Southwest of France with Pyrenees + Andorra + All Spain + Portugal :? ). It would be just the biggest DLC and it would be necessary more of one 1ans and half or even 2 years to make him, at this moment there the Iberian Peninsula will be already well developed by Promods;
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

CptCaribbean

11 Jun 2018 15:40

Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Aves
Donation rank:

11 Jun 2018 21:16

Topolino

15 Jun 2018 19:04

No blog entry today? I expected something related to the Baltic Sea, ’cause the last entry about it was about 6 months ago ...
But maybe that’s a good sign and they have a surprise for us? ;)
Former beta tester (June 2018 to March 2019)
v1.0: EuRoadNet

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information