Is there speed camera in your country ?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Callipso
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2017 20:59

Peterson wrote:US of A has a law, that you have to adjust your speed depending on the traffic flow, even if you would have to drive above the limit.
What law is this? I've never heard of anything like what your describing and I live in the states.

owl

23 Apr 2017 08:25

In Denmark, there are a few fixed speed cameras at the main highways. And then there are the infamous white vans with cameras, they are always parked there, by the side of the road, when you least expect it. And they are always on the scene, when there is a sudden speed change, just to mess with you :-)

Rocar 512E

25 Apr 2017 20:10

Here in my country we have radars on cars. We used to have stationary fixed speed radars, but they got ilegal, which is dumb tbh

Photon_

27 Apr 2017 16:27

I don't know why British people complain so much about speed cameras (there may be a lot, but it seems many of them in mainland Europe are made to be very discreet while, in the UK they are made to visible, and usually have a warning; also stop complaining about mobile cameras, a new law states that mobile cameras can only be placed were there have been frequent accidents.

Akula_

27 Apr 2017 18:36

Photonic wrote:I don't know why British people complain so much about speed cameras (there may be a lot, but it seems many of them in mainland Europe are made to be very discreet while, in the UK they are made to visible, and usually have a warning; also stop complaining about mobile cameras, a new law states that mobile cameras can only be placed were there have been frequent accidents.
My point indeed.

In Germany they are worse than snipers. They DO USE camo net over the camera, hide it in parked cars, hide it in the bushes,

Fixed cameras also hidden high like lamposts in a matte colour so it melts with the vegetation

While in France or else they are in huge armoured box, visible grey with reflective yellow stripes, they got a big warning sign before..

Good to see my topic's still alive.
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

Akula_

27 Apr 2017 18:44

Akula_ wrote:
Photonic wrote:I don't know why British people complain so much about speed cameras (there may be a lot, but it seems many of them in mainland Europe are made to be very discreet while, in the UK they are made to visible, and usually have a warning; also stop complaining about mobile cameras, a new law states that mobile cameras can only be placed were there have been frequent accidents.
My point indeed.

In Germany they are worse than snipers. They DO USE camo net over the camera, hide it in parked cars, hide it in the bushes,
Fixed cameras also hidden high like lamposts in a matte colour so it melts with the vegetation. In Switzerland warning sign is totally forbidden.

While in France or else they are in huge armoured box, visible grey with reflective yellow stripes, they got a big warning sign before..

Good to see my topic's still alive.
Master_of_the_roads wrote:I might, shouldn't be difficult.
One example is this :
http://images0.zurnal24.si/slika-_origi ... 752297.jpg
Following next...
http://static.primorske.si/foto/lowres/ ... -radar.jpg
And this...
http://starodobnik.net/sloforum/slike/v ... 670035.jpg
In some cases even if it says RADAR, doesn't mean that it didn't actually take some pictures of your license plates or send them to the PIC, the road information center.
This is the most common warning sign that you're about to encounter a speed trap :
http://images0.zurnal24.si/slika-_origi ... 591133.jpg
Feel free to comment further. No objections here. ;)
So does all these speed camera got a warning sign ?
Martinus Kundla wrote:63 speed cameras in my country, however only 45 contain actual cameras (they're moved from time to time). Mainly on the T1, T2 and T4, and also on some roads around Tallinn.
They won't ticket you until you're going 6km/h over the speed limit though.

Same question, does they have a warning sign before ? Or they're real traps and if you don't know the road.. Flash ?
gippermand wrote:Hi There
In Denmark we have Speed Camera from Cars, mostly the use VW Transporter, but there are also some place, and here we talk off road where the speed are from 60 - 80 km/h Boxes, as we call ( Stærekasser ) Birdboxes

The VW Transporter used to be on Highway, where speed are set from 110 or 130 km/h to 90, or if people call police and tell them, listen here, there are lot of driver there speed up here, then the came and set up a Transporter with one man inside, for some time, and them move Again.

And now normaly people can make that job to here in Denmark, the police just see if its a good on before lol
I saw these pictures of black Transporters with Black windows.. And just a red flash that glares through ..
So how does fixed cameras look like ? And warning for them ?

Tanksome
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 03:03

Callipso wrote:
Peterson wrote:US of A has a law, that you have to adjust your speed depending on the traffic flow, even if you would have to drive above the limit.
What law is this? I've never heard of anything like what your describing and I live in the states.
In the USA (BTW I live in Louisiana) you can go over the speed if you need to, like passing somebody, but be mindful about the cops (I saw cop waiting in the median of I-49 in Natchitoches Parish hidden by a bridge)

Callipso
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 06:23

Tanksome wrote: In the USA (BTW I live in Louisiana) you can go over the speed if you need to, like passing somebody, but be mindful about the cops (I saw cop waiting in the median of I-49 in Natchitoches Parish hidden by a bridge)

If this is what Peterson meant by his post then yes, are some certain formalities that all states require you to do before you pass another vehicle. On a road with two lanes going opposite directions, for instance, you may only 'legally' pass on a broken line on your side of the roadway and also if that line is broken on both sides or one broken line dividing the two paths. You can never pass 'legally' on a double solid lines and its usually a safety hazard to attempt to do so as they are placed when you would have an impaired field of view ahead of you (such as going over a hill or around steep curves), or the road your traveling is hazardous and passing might as well be suicide or homicide. Although, certain states also have additional rules on the road, here in Arizona for instance there are special triangular yellow signs that indicate where you may and may not pass regardless of the already stated laws. If you do have a clear roadway ahead of the target to be passed and wait where law permits your passing you can then attempt a pass, which in most cases is expedited by speeding up this is the one case where I believe they will actually allow you to do so without consequence as staying in the oncoming lane is far more dangerous to everyone than if you snail your way ahead.

Peterson

28 Apr 2017 12:24

Well, almost.

What I meant was that when you're on a highway, and let's say that the limit is 75, but everyone around you (dense traffic) is doing 80, you should be also doing 80 since going slower hinders the traffic flow. To put it simply, no, it's not legal to pass someone who's doing 60 when you're doing 65 and the limit is 75. It's a dick move, plus you're putting others at risk, yourself included. If the difference was even greater, then I would even issue a fine, otherwise it could be just treated by a warning...

That, and speed cameras would get overloaded by all that flashing.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Akula_

28 Apr 2017 14:25

Peterson wrote:t's not legal to pass someone who's doing 60 when you're doing 65 and the limit is 75. It's a dick move
Sometime you got to overtake these pesky trucks but don't want to crush the gas to 160kph like all these Bmw on the left lane.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information