Current Server State

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
PaceCrosser

28 Mar 2017 16:25

I can't see everyone's Avatar Photo. It's just text that says "User avatar"
ProMods ain't a mod, it's a game.

Vøytek
Developer

28 Mar 2017 16:56

For me, your avatar has that issue PaceCrosser.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Callipso
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2017 21:23

I see that issue on some of the forum members pictures, perhaps its something to do with the picture itself like the dimensions aren't correct.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2017 00:37

I remember that time when phpbb got the file permissions wrong... Fixed.

Enjoy your avatars!
Promods Server Administrator

DEL BOY
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2017 08:22

hi cannot download new version as it says site can not be reached.....very slow server connection with promods site cannot load files site to slow fix please

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2017 08:38

DEL BOY wrote:hi cannot download new version as it says site can not be reached.....very slow server connection with promods site cannot load files site to slow fix please
As you can understand our servers are getting slammed. Yes, it'll be slow so honestly deal with it and don't complain. If you want a fast download it only costs $1... I've been forced to rate-limit the download back to 100kb/sec and limit the connections more to allow more people to grab the download on the free server.

DEL BOY
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2017 08:44

hay dont have ago at me im not the only one complaining if u read

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2017 09:19

DEL BOY wrote:hay dont have ago at me im not the only one complaining if u read
Yes, I understand however you have to be more understanding also. You're getting something for free and it takes quite a bit of management work to make sure our servers don't catch fire while ensuring as many people can successfully download the mod without issues. I am one guy who is managing a fleet of servers on a volunteer basis and come home (from my normal day job) to people demanding me to fix the free download server when I could be doing so many other things. You also have to understand here, $1 is nothing and if you want the mod as quickly as possible it is a small price to pay to grab the mod as fast as possible whilst also helping the team who put blood and sweat into building it for you.

I don't limit the speed or connections to be nasty to people - I do it to allow more people to download it successfully and to free up my own time. I've already upped the resources in preparation of the release and tried bumping the download speed to 200kb/sec per connection (with a connection limit of 3 per user) to allow people to get it quicker. I'm sorry this didn't work out since I was forced to reduce it back to help with the load. I get notifications when something goes down so don't need mass messages of people demanding me to fix something - it is just downright rude.

DEL BOY
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2017 09:23

it used to be fast connection ..but was getting error messages from server of promods saying unable to connect ... i asume with flood of downloading they want to becareful not to get sucked in..through web threats...nice work promods btw

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2017 09:54

DEL BOY wrote:it used to be fast connection ..but was getting error messages from server of promods saying unable to connect ... i asume with flood of downloading they want to becareful not to get sucked in..through web threats...nice work promods btw
Don't mean to sound rude but you have no real right to complain about something you're getting for free. It'll download eventually and you've got options for a fast download too.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information