Concept Cities Map

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
martinusK

10 Jan 2015 21:13

ZelvaCZ wrote:
LA-MJ wrote:No offence to your efforts but those grand scheme maps hardly have any value unless they are made by people who are actually going to do something about it.

Otherwise it just seems to be something someone does on their free time hoping to influence someone else's work. Yet we all know people like to have things their own way so the chances of it actually happening are slim at best.
Yeah, but it's fun to make such maps :D
At least for me ;)
I agree - it also kind of makes me feel as i am actually contributing to the mapmaking, but that's just me :lol:
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

k_gy1984

10 Jan 2015 22:30

I thing it will be great to add Ruse and Svilengrad to Bulgaria ; Bursa , Sivas and Edirne to Turkey
Romana Magyar English Deutsch

realdeal350
Developer

10 Jan 2015 23:15

I'm really liking your work, XZV.
I might make a map of this. ;)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

10 Jan 2015 23:49

Sorry to sound so negative, but the first thing that pops up in my head is "not ANOTHER one...". Most concept maps are of no use due to the following things:

- Concept maps offer little contribution to the actual map development. Plans change, some things turn out to be too hard or even impossible to implement, some ideas pop up on the fly when map modding. Nothing goes according to plan
- We make a concept plan ourselves too. But since we know what is feasible and what not (among with other considerations), we usually pick our own plan for realisation. We usually have a plan how a certain country is going to look like, and we have quite some sources to help us with that (Google Streetview is VERY helpful to us).
- Making a concept map is easy. You can do that in a hour or a day (depending on the level of detail). However, this is much, MUCH faster than the actual mapping. To get just one city ready usually takes weeks. WEEKS! The ARP as far as you can see it now took us more than half a year! This is also the reason why plans change so many times: planning goes much faster than building.

We don't really need more concept maps to help us out, we have enough of that. We require people with other skills. We especially need more modelers (we have only two or three, including myself), of which we have a chronical shortage of. Proper mappers are also always welcome ;) But concept maps? We have a dozen of them already, including our own, and that is way more than enough...

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

XZV

11 Jan 2015 06:03

k_gy1984 wrote:I thing it will be great to add Ruse and Svilengrad to Bulgaria ; Bursa , Sivas and Edirne to Turkey
Ruse is too close to Bucharest. Bursa is too close to Istanbul. Added Sivas.

EDIT: Leave some suggestion on what country to do next
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Registration Plate: HH WB 67
Map Explored: 61.87%
Distance travelled: 68,131 km

#JeSuisCharlie

XZV

11 Jan 2015 06:22

Added Russia

#JeSuisCharlie

martinusK

11 Jan 2015 10:55

Russia is a bit empty. Definetly i'd add Pskov, Luga, Vyshny Volochyok, Veliky Novgorod, Velikiye Luki, Rzhev, Tver, Smolensk and Bryansk.
My concept map (WIP) : Alternative concept map of Russia
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2015 12:09

If you could link Krasnodar and Van or Erzurum through Georgia and Armenia and find a way to include Baku, politically speaking, you'd have the whole of Europe ;).

Bug: Van is labelled as Erzurum.

Edit: It might be useful to respond to MandelSoft's post ;).

XZV

11 Jan 2015 12:15

Thanks for reporting the bug and okay, I will reply to MandelSoft post

Yes, Many of us want to be modellers and mappers but some of us just cant, So we try to do something to make ourselves fel like we contributed something even though we didnt, thats why we make concept maps (also for people to use if they want to)

#JeSuisCharlie

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2015 16:56

XZV wrote:
Yes, Many of us want to be modellers and mappers but some of us just cant, So we try to do something to make ourselves fel like we contributed something even though we didnt, thats why we make concept maps (also for people to use if they want to)
And some people are stupid enough to make a full map-view of the in game map, like me :P
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information