Why no Snow?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
busterbrown

25 Aug 2013 21:18

I remember "18 Wheels American Long Haul" by SCS where also the seasons did not change but in very northern parts of the U.S ( Bismark North Dakota for one ) and most of the Canadian route there was a LOT of snow.

Just wondered why SCS did not ( could not? ) include this type of weather? I know there is a Snow mod but it rains instead of snow ( ugh ) and some of the roads don't even match up ( like tire tracks _________--------------- hope you know what I mean )

You think the game has some hairy roads now? Try it on Ice and Snow. :o

For some of you people whom have never driven on ice/snow just ask some of these European drivers in real life.

What say SCS, think that you may at least think about it? Would be very cool. :mrgreen:

Yes Scul and Nico I know it's your forum but maybe SCS is watching. Maybe you two can do something about the snow bit, but I imagine it needs to be SCS.

Keep up the good work both ProMods and SCS. :D
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2013 21:58

A long time ago I made one of the best snow mods (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLSEoMVFR0s) or at least that was one of the best attempts....

For adding weather simulation to the game... I think it would be very cool... Why SCS didn't do that? No idea. The game lacks dynamic features. It's all very static. And there is not so much I can do about it, sadly.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Cadde

26 Aug 2013 01:21

Is there a reason as to why you aren't posting this on forums.scssoft.com?

I agree with snow but as you said, for it to be properly implemented SCS would need to add snow to their weather simulation as i believe that is out of the modders hands. (don't quote me on that)

And with that there should also be wind and temperature IMHO. So even if the temperature is +3 degrees C (slightly above freezing) there could still be patches of ice forming with a little bit of rain and wind mixed in. Keeps you on your toes in such conditions where all of a sudden you can lose grip and go WEEEEEEE!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information