Background map update - discussion

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
PerrydPelle

20 May 2020 11:39

Amazing, just amazing... NOT. Idk. but the guy who made that BG shouldn’t be doing anything BG related, he sucks at it. This is a screenshot of the "relocated PMME" with a modded BG, now before you say that this BG isn’t correct, trust me that it is, if your still not sure, send this guy a private message, and he can explain to you why the PM BG is wrong. Anyway, here’s the screenshots I made: Image
I honestly was very excited for both PM and PMME to be released, little did I know it would be such a tragic disappointment.
Last edited by PerrydPelle on 20 May 2020 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of uh...

Vøytek
Developer

20 May 2020 12:08

I'll give you a hint - if you want to use a modified background, it has to be updated so it's correct. Middle East was moved, as mentioned by Platypus, so old backgrounds won't match. There aren't many people who know how to work with backgrounds and you can't say MandelSoft isn't experienced enough to create the correct one. All other modders are more likely to mess up their background maps.
PerrydPelle wrote:
trust me that it is
How do you know our map is wrong and not the other one? Maybe you can explain it to everybody.
Looking at the mess with borders on your screenshots, I doubt any effort was put into creating that texture.
I don't trust your moaning.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

PerrydPelle

20 May 2020 12:11

Like I said, send that a private message
Developer of uh...

Vøytek
Developer

20 May 2020 12:20

I won't, because I don't have a problem like you ;)

But I found a discussion on another forum, where somebody literally said "ProMods background map finally matches SCS background map", to which you didn't reply
"Yay, they did it, no need to adjust maps for PM separately anymore!"
but
"How did they mess it up"
when we spent a lot of time actually fixing it... *facepalm*

No need to continue this I guess.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

PerrydPelle

20 May 2020 12:26

Ah, so my thoughts are right, you guys don’t care about other map mods or map creators.

The new PM BG definitely doesn’t match the SCS BG.
Developer of uh...

paokkerkir
Donation rank:

20 May 2020 12:46

Everyone that is working in this map should really take a hint from ATS and from how map mod teams are working there.
Working together so that we as users can enjoy all the map mods combined.

Vøytek
Developer

20 May 2020 12:48

Sorry, but how do you actually expect us to "care" about dozens of maps that are released? And how are we supposed to do it?

SCS does their thing. We do our thing. If you have an addon for ProMods (just like we're an addon for SCS map), how can we adjust to that addon, if we don't even know what it adds and where? How can we adjust what we do to so many maps, especially when some of them overwrite each other by covering the same area?
We don't know what SCS will do in Iberia. When it releases, we'll have to check all roads and start on working with connections. SCS won't adjust their Iberia beforehand to ProMods, so our players have no issues :lol:

You're talking about a tiny group of players using a background map, which isn't yet updated for new Middle East, so it can't be correct. The author couldn't adjust it yet, just not. Wait for an update from him and that's it.

We had an outdated map background, which didn't match SCS map background (they changed it a long time ago). That caused issues with other background maps as far as I know. Right now we fixed it and they don't have to create 2 versions (one for SCS and a completely different one for ProMods). We actually kind of helped others in a long term. Yes, right now their maps won't match, but when they adjust them, everything will now match better and it'll save them a lot of work. We didn't do it for such modders, nor we broke anything on purpose. We just fixed an old issue with our background map, that's all. If we kept the old one, we could run into some issues if SCS expanded their map in certain directions.

It wasn't fun or easy for us, especially that it required moving whole Middle East to a correct location. We don't do such things to break other mods. We don't even use them, so we can't know what to change to break them... Most of us don't have time for playing when we just focus on modding.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

20 May 2020 12:58

Oh my! Does this mean I can use both PM and ME without having to use some weird background mao for the alignment? Every version I bought the ME map but never used it because of the shifted map.

bricksathome
Developer

20 May 2020 13:02

PerrydPelle wrote:
This is a screenshot of the "relocated PMME" with a modded BG, now before you say that this BG isn’t correct, trust me that it is,
Are you sure that the modded background map isn't correct for SCS's old map projection? I wouldn't be surprised if it was based on the old map projection.
The new background map in ProMods 2.46 is based on SCS's current background map and so fits the 'new' map projection, until now we had also been using the old map projection and I expect this is the case for other map mods. By using the new projection we save a whole bunch of trouble when it comes to updating the background map in the future
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

PerrydPelle

20 May 2020 13:06

I’m very sure that that modded BG uses the latest SCS map projection
Developer of uh...

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information