Background map update - discussion

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Vøytek
Developer

21 May 2020 08:32

ffgameszocker wrote:
21 May 2020 01:14
why some people prefered Arayas Romania over Promods Romania
It depends on the player. Everybody has a choice. Some people prefer more roads to drive, others look for quality. Or they just don't like ProMods and will choose any other map, just to don't touch our work :lol:
anothercasual wrote:
21 May 2020 01:36
but then the PM team comes in with an axe
I'll say once again, because apparently it still didn't go through - we just fixed the map. Previously it wasn't matching and we never said it did. Now they should be the same. And instead of people being thankful for this improvement, we're getting criticized, which is demotivating and doesn't make us interested in any cooperation in the future. Check this post for comparison. See how close it is right now?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

kamikazee54

21 May 2020 09:24

Vøytek wrote:
21 May 2020 08:32
And instead of people being thankful for this improvement, we're getting criticized, which is demotivating and doesn't make us interested in any cooperation in the future.
My opinion - don't bother with them. You are making your map and if They want to have custom BG, it is pretty optional and it's only up to them, therefore, they should figure out themselves how to fix it, not you ;)

Dr_J0nes

21 May 2020 09:29

Hey would be awesome if you guys could also have a read on my post at page 4. It needed to be approved because it was my first post here in the forum :) just in case you missed it.

Shiva

21 May 2020 09:55

Dr_J0nes, I have done a small check on the area around Instanbul. Bitola on the west, Nis on the northwest corner, partly hidden behind the % sign.
And what I can so far see, that is that the map Vøytek links to, bengt.jensie's post, seems to be quite correct to the differences between the SCS 1.37 background map, compared to the one ProMods have in PM 2.46.
Western Balkans have the biggest difference.
Northernmost Norway, Finland + Russia's Kola Peninsula + white sea differences too.
Mid to south Russia, Ukraina, Turkey, seems to match SCS's background map.

How that 1:15 hardcoding of British Isles work, that I do not know.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

1337robloxkid

21 May 2020 10:05

This may be a little off topic:

I feel sorry to the moderators, founders and everyone else for going through this problem with the background map after the release of Promods 2.46 and Middle East.

1.36 used to be so amazing and very normal for the people that had 100% perfect working mods including maps and the background map with no errors, but then 1.37 came.
A lot of people had to face the full update on 1.37 with the new things that the community wanted to have a look. Errors came, updates had to be made, everything had to be updated for the new version completely.
I never knew that mods were going to break and making conflicts with other mods from 1.36 to make this happen in the game.
I literally wasted 200 dollars on this game and this is what i get. All i wanted to have was a realistic map and a good life on playing this game, but i cant anymore because of what happened after the new update.
I feel like I'm never going to play this game again. I wanted to play because of what it's like running an own company and what driving looks like for people to become what they want to be in the future. It was such a popular game for many people to play.

This is the very first time I'm sharing something random in my life.

Hopefully it can be back to a new and a fresh start for 1.37 and long hauling on extended maps.

bengt.jensie

21 May 2020 10:09

@Dr_J0nes

You are not totally correct in your assumptions. No one here is CLAIMING anything. The only thing I pointed out was
a difference between the ORIGINAL BG from SCS and the one delivered with the newest Promods release. PERIOD!
In another topic I asked for where to find the new projection parameters from SCS, but didn't get any answer, so then
I asked Vøytek and have since got an answer from him! This is my view of this. Chill down, people!

Dr_J0nes

21 May 2020 10:14

noodles123 wrote:
This may be a little off topic:

I feel sorry to the moderators, founders and everyone else for going through this problem with the background map after the release of Promods 2.46 and Middle East.

1.36 used to be so amazing and very normal for the people that had 100% perfect working mods including maps and the background map with no errors, but then 1.37 came.
A lot of people had to face the full update on 1.37 with the new things that the community wanted to have a look. Errors came, updates had to be made, everything had to be updated for the new version completely.
I never knew that mods were going to break and making conflicts with other mods from 1.36 to make this happen in the game.
I literally wasted 200 dollars on this game and this is what i get. All i wanted to have was a realistic map and a good life on playing this game, but i cant anymore because of what happened after the new update.
I feel like I'm never going to play this game again. I wanted to play because of what it's like running an own company and what driving looks like for people to become what they want to be in the future. It was such a popular game for many people to play.

This is the very first time I'm sharing something random in my life.

Hopefully it can be back to a new and a fresh start for 1.37 and long hauling on extended maps.
You can force the game to roll back to version 1.36 and use the map mods for that version, so everything works again. I will also stay at 1.36 until all the Eurasia Map Mods work together again. There is no need to quit the game completely if you enjoyed 1.36. But your opinion is a good example of how people could think of the game and it's map mods when the mapping community doesn't find a solution.

Vøytek
Developer

21 May 2020 10:15

noodles123 wrote:
I see you're quite new to our forum and possibly to ETS2, as you mention 200 dollars, which you maybe spent at once on all existing map DLCs.

You have to get used to this. Every time there's a game update, mods have to be fixed.
Sometimes it's easy, sometimes not. And it doesn't always mean compatibility between mods is messed up, but the maps themselves require some technical work. 1.36 -> 1.37 or 1.30 -> 1.31, it doesn't matter. Prepare yourself for even more waiting with 1.38, if SCS introduces even more changes. Maybe you'll have to remove some mods, because they'll never be updated anymore.

As mentioned, you can stay on 1.36 and wait for mod updates, then move to 1.37, but you don't have a guarantee that all your mods will be updated and in reasonable time.

That's why I stick to as few mods as possible for my profile - because I don't want to get in trouble with outdated stuff and spend hours on downloading 100 mods every few months ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Shiva

21 May 2020 10:17

noodles123, wasn't the FMOD, sounds, the biggest change in ETS2 and ATS 1.37?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Dr_J0nes

21 May 2020 10:19

bengt.jensie wrote:
21 May 2020 10:09
@Dr_J0nes

You are not totally correct in your assumptions. No one here is CLAIMING anything. The only thing I pointed out was
a difference between the ORIGINAL BG from SCS and the one delivered with the newest Promods release. PERIOD!
In another topic I asked for where to find the new projection parameters from SCS, but didn't get any answer, so then
I asked Vøytek and have since got an answer from him! This is my view of this. Chill down, people!
I didn't sayed you are wrong or ProMods is wrong. I try to don't attack anyone here. I try to be neutral and respect your, ProMods and Arayas work. The only thing I said is that I thinked there are two Major problems atm and one of them is that your BG Map and ProMods is different although you both try the same thing. So it would be nice if we could find out why and hopefully solve that so map Modders have a nice universal map standard to rely on in the future so we don't have this problem in the future again :) maybe you got me wrong. Sorry I just try to help and give an independent point of view. I really don't want to throw fuel in the fire of arguing or spread a bad mood.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information