Favourite Routes in ETS2 Standard map & ProMods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
rarespetrosanu

20 Aug 2014 10:16

My favourite routes in ETS 2 Standard map - Bratislava - Kosice both routes
- Debrecen - Wien through south of Budapest (M0) then on M1 - A4 (A)
- Aberdeen - Newcastle (M90 included)
- Glasgow - Liverpool - Birmimgham - M25
- Innsbruck - Geneve
- Munchen - Milano
- Zurich - Milano
- Groningen - Rotterdam
- Metz - Dijon - Lyon
- Bern - Torino
- Frankfurt - Praga (country road)
- Kiel - Magdeburg - Nurnberg (country road)
- Wien - Graz - Venice - Verona - sublime road

My favourite routes in ETS2 ProMods - All the routes in Norway :)
- Oslo - Goteborg - Malmo
- Stockholm - Linkoping - Jonkoping - Malmo - Copenhagen
- Hirtshals - Padborg
- Linkoping - Kalmar
- Paris - Le Mans - Rennes - Brest
- Brest - Lorient - Nantes - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux - Poitiers - Tours - intersection Vierzon - Orleans - Paris - fantastic landscapes

Purno
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 10:30

My favourite routes are those that I don't drive too often. Which is also kinda my problem with Scandinavia at the moment. Even though the roads there are beautiful, there's two routes that I drive A LOT while driving between Scandinavia and mainland Europe. One is the route from Flensburg to Frederikshavn, and one is the route from Fehmarn/Rostock to Malmö.

Which is the main reason I'm looking forward to the Euromir project. Can't wait to have another route to take to Scandinavia :D

---

And even though France is made beautiful and a real pleasure to drive through, I'm getting really fed up by the ridiculous amount of tollgates. :lol:

---

But I do love all the ringroads and roads in heavy urban environments, like Stockholm and Antwerpen.

rarespetrosanu

20 Aug 2014 10:32

Yeap the ringroads in Stockholm and Antwerp are sublime - the best cities so far ;)

stummer
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 10:45

I love northern France (around Cherbourg); awesome to drive though narrow road in small towns.

And the landscape on route Bergen - Stavanger - Kristiansand is breath taking.

mbman212
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 11:10

All routes in Finland and near Aalborg (from south Denmark to north Denmark)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Purno
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 11:15

Oh, and obviously I love the route between Seyðisfjörður and Reykjavík. But that's not entirely fair I guess :mrgreen:

MapDrawer
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 11:29

I like the route Antwerpen - Holstebro
Especially when i drive on the big intersection near Hamburg. I also like the long route from Bergen to Jyväskilä. And the route from Kobenhavn to Brest!
Main Garage: Kassel (D)
Other Garages: -
Current Truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter
Current Level: 25 (Master)

Current Journey: Warszawa (PL) - Clermont-Ferrand (F)
Currently Transporting: Coal (24t)
Current Location: Aurach (D)
Route Length: 1347 km

jontsuba
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 12:44

Any route with an appropiate lightning mod improves a lot at sunrise and sunset... And night! Any way, crossing the Alps is marvellous. But I also have that problem with frequent routes... As I always try to do the best paid ones, I get tired of crossing Germany... So boring. That's why I'm looking forward to ARP!

Laarus

20 Aug 2014 13:04

I don't mind Germany and Poland, especially with the Poland Rebuilding mod. It's a good excuse to get some music and podcasts on and just chill out, Plus the work already done to renew the map with new signs and gantries is already improving the area. I cannot wait to see the ARP begin to deliver results.

To be honest, I enjoy Western France the most. It might be a little broken up with tollgates, but the attention to detail is amazing.

As for other places, it's the routes off track that are the most fun. Hamburg is nice, but visited too often on the way through to other sites and it is the same with routes through The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark and Sweden.

Other than that, I think the best routes are the alpine crossings through Austria, Switzerland and Italy and the route through Hungary to Budapest and Debrecen.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 13:16

- Any route that goes over Northern France, and especially the D973 to or from Cherbourg. The atmosphere is just great; small towns and villages, single carriageway - pleasure to drive!

- Any route that goes past R1 in Antwerp or Stockholm. Two most realistic cities in my humble opinion on Promods. Another reason for driving past Antwerp though is a personal sentiment towards the city :D

- Esbjerg-Viborg. I love the way Roads 11 and 16 are done. And the little two lane junctions, such as the one in Viborg, near McDonalds.

- The northern-most road leading from Suwałki in Poland towards Olsztyn on Pol Reb is straight and in the midst of a large forest. Although it's a bit unrealistic, I do love to press on there. At least 130 km/h.

- Kosice to Bratislava down R1. It's probably the only bit of the Going East DLC that looks beautiful. It's not to say that the rest of it looks rubbish, but this route just has something special about the scenery.

- While Prague isn't great at all and could do with an improvement, I tend to visit Prague just to cross the outer ring.
Any route with an appropiate lightning mod improves a lot at sunrise and sunset... And night! Any way, crossing the Alps is marvellous. But I also have that problem with frequent routes... As I always try to do the best paid ones, I get tired of crossing Germany... So boring. That's why I'm looking forward to ARP!
I have the same problem. I'd love to cross a long route from top of UK to Poland, but I never end up doing it, because it's tedious driving through Germany.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information