[forum questions] flag and time format

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Luky0805

29 Jan 2020 16:00

Hello, I have got a email, but it was in japanese, so I think that's because my flag is set to japanese.:
Is there any way to overwrite that setting without changing my flag?
And If there'sn't any other way, where can I find british flag? I searched for great britan, britan, english, but I couldn't find it.

Date formatting.:
How do I use custom formatting? More specifically, how can I change format to HH:MM DD/MM/YYYY? (PS, all in numbers, 1 not january, etc. and whole year instead of last 2 digits (2020 not 20))

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

29 Jan 2020 16:29

Well, is there a reason why you want to keep the Japanese flag, although you're not from Japan? Flags should always be chosen where you live.
The british flag can be selected in the Profile settings as "United kingdom"
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

29 Jan 2020 18:44

Under board preferences in the user control panel you can change the date format. It uses the PHP date() function. Click the link to see the docs, I'm sure there's a way to display months as numbers.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Luky0805

30 Jan 2020 15:56

Thanks both of you.
There'sn't any reason for me to keep Japanese flag, but if there was, and I wanted it in English, would it be possible by changing settings or is that only by staff, or is thatn't possible? (Note that I don't want you to bother if only staff can do it, just asking and being courious.)

Claus62

30 Jan 2020 17:12

You can change flag and language independently. Flag is in "profile" and language is in "board preferences", when you click "user control panel" in the right upper corner the drop-down menu under your username. I strongly suspect (though don't know) that language triggers the language in which you recieve notifications (seems more practical as there are countries with more than one language).

ScuL
Founder

31 Jan 2020 07:05

This newsletter was only sent once and will not be repeated so it shouldn't make any difference, nevertheless it pays to select the correct flag to prevent these things from happening :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information