Road to Black Sea and Promods compatibility

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

11 Dec 2019 17:01

In the description it is stated that 2.43 is not yet compatible to the new dlc. It is only compatible to game version 1.36.

For the DLC the next version will fit..

And always it is ready when ready...
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

ScuL
Founder

12 Dec 2019 00:47

Belol01 wrote:
11 Dec 2019 16:51
I've just downloaded the new ProMods 2.43 for multiplayer and found that the DLC "Road to the Black Sea" has disappeared from the map. The comes only when you disable the promods. Please fix fast.
Approximately 12 border crossings have to be connected with a working time of maybe 1 week per area, the best approximate that we can give is that the DLC will be integrated within 2 to 3 months.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

mrcivic
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2019 01:23

Sorry I am a bit confused also. So the latest ProMods update basically made ProMods work with 1.36 but if you buy the Road to Baltic DLC you don't get any of the Baltic DLC only what ProMods has had previously? You basically get to use 1.36 new features but seems like you should hold off on the DLC if you want to run ProMods right?

If you could clear this up I would appreciate it. And on a side note, thank you for your amazing work and top notch quality. Looking forward to what 2020 brings us on ProMods ETS2 & ATS. Happy holidays to all :)

ScuL
Founder

12 Dec 2019 01:38

Whenever SCS release an update we get inundated with emails, social media requests and other community backlash to please make ProMods work with the new version ASAP.
This is only intensified by the recent addition of multiplayer support via TMP.

In order to make ProMods work with a new DLC a lot of cutting and pasting and mapping is required to seemlessly transition the ProMods map into the new DLC areas.
Please be mindful that in the current ProMods map we have made considerable changes in Hungary and also added the additional territories of Ukraine, Moldova, Serbia, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Greece to our map.
All of these areas need to be manually edited and in part new areas will have to be developed to build the border crossings. There are between 12 and 14 border crossings in the Black Sea area that need to be addressed depending on our level of scrutiny.
Such a job is immense, and whenever a DLC addition like the current one arrives, it means that almost every single developer is NOT doing their "usual" work of expanding the map but instead focussing all their time and effort into making the DLC connect.
Even with the best people and all the desire in the world, we have to accept that our developers are volunteers and each and every one of them also have private lives, girlfriends, school and work and mapping is a past-time leisure.
As of such, the best expectation / guesstimate we can give is that every border crossing will take at least 1 week to build (some shorter, some longer) and multiply that by the amount of crossings which should probably make a DLC-compatible version available in 2 to 3 months, but again, no guarantees.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

darren111

12 Dec 2019 01:43

Look forward to road to the black sea in pro mods, as I've only just found the download and I was confused as to why Istanbul wasn't there. Now, I know, so thanks.

mrcivic
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2019 02:08

Yes Scul, I fully understand all the demand you get put under with an SCS update and it is ALOT of work to just get ProMods to play nicely with the new SCS DLC. I was mostly just asking to clarify that the ProMods update now is to make it work with 1.36 with or without the DLC and if you buy the DLC it will not be on the map due to using ProMods and it "over writes" the base map until you get to connect ETS2 to Promod maps in the coming months.

In no ways am I the "typical" guy rushing for the release as I understand it is not your daily job. From my point of view if you plan to run ProMods and 1.36 it is silly to buy the DLC right now until it gets patched together ;) Again though was just asking a bit of advice thats all.

ScuL
Founder

12 Dec 2019 02:57

mrcivic wrote:
12 Dec 2019 02:08
the ProMods update now is to make it work with 1.36 with or without the DLC and if you buy the DLC it will not be on the map due to using ProMods and it "over writes" the base map until you get to connect ETS2 to Promod maps in the coming months.
yep that is correct

darren111

12 Dec 2019 09:08

Can I ask if it compatible to use both maps, ie. when I've done with black sea - install pro mods and use that? and then vice versa if I want to use black sea again? I guess that it wouldn't be recommended due to the additional garages etc in pro mods?
Last edited by darren111 on 12 Dec 2019 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

Roby1164
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2019 09:15

Trucker2223 wrote:
11 Dec 2019 11:16
No that's wrong, the Server will also open with 2.43.
Sure ??? For the moment there is no mention of it anywhere, in fact, as I said, I believe that from what I read, that there will be no Multi, without the integration of the DLC .... If they wanted to start the server with the PM, they would already done, only the files you have released are needed, you don't need a lot of work .....

bmwGTR

12 Dec 2019 09:21

Hi,
darren111 wrote:
12 Dec 2019 09:08
Can I ask if it compatible to use both maps, ie. when I've done with black sea - install pro mods and use that? and then vice versa if I want to use black sea again? I guess that it wouldn't be recommended due to the additional garages etc in pro mods?
your guess is right - I would recommend to make two profiles (one with ProMods, one without ProMods).
Roby1164 wrote:
12 Dec 2019 09:15
Sure ??? For the moment there is no mention of it anywhere, in fact, as I said, I believe that from what I read, that there will be no Multi, without the integration of the DLC .... If they wanted to start the server with the PM, they would already done, only the files you have released are needed, you don't need a lot of work .....
yes, it is planned to update the TMP server with 2.43. We are in contact with the guys from TMP - the updated server will come ;)

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information